Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MARRIED... and facing the real world (Part 47i)

I arrived at Harry’s place around 7:30am or so and found both he and Clyde out working with the yearlings, breaking them in to having a cart behind them. As soon as I walked up to them harry handed me the reins and said he’d see me later. Clyde was there to guide me as I really didn’t know what to do. It was fairly easy and I was aided by the fact that the two colts I worked with were well behaved. Clyde had his hands full with one and all I could do was to be thankful it wasn’t me. Harry came back just as we were putting the horses away. He took me into the office he had in the horse barn and told me to sit down. I was sort of surprised but did as he said. As if he (and Vi) hadn't done enough he offered me a job on Saturdays. He would pay me $10 for the day. The mornings were working with the horses along with Clyde and then in the afternoon I was to do what he called ”park maintenance“. Without explaining just what was entailed in that he added that when I was done with that I would work with Hank, the man he had preparing new trailers. I don’t think I hesitated when I said I’d do it and thanked him.

It didn’t take long to find out what ”park maintenance“ was all about. In simplest terms, I collected the garbage from all the trailers in the park. Vi was actually the manager for the park and had also designed it. She became very defensive when anyone would disparage a trailer park so wanted hers to look as nice as possible. To that end, residents had to keep their trash barrels behind the units and basically out of sight. When the park was laid out it had about a 10 foot wide path that ran behind all the units (with the trailers back to back off of two separate roads). My job was to take the small Ford tractor with a four wheel wagon behind it and to drive down the path and pick up the garbage. It didn’t take all that long and since it was cold out the smell was tolerable. But, it didn’t take long to find out a benefit from this job. Every trailer had a clothes line. It was a single pole with four arms that folded down with three separate lines at different levels. I was only about a third of the way down the path when I came across my first ”discovery“. There were three pair of white nylon panties blowing in the breeze. As I picked up the garbage pail I was looking right at them. I’ll admit I stood there for at least 15 seconds, if not more, staring at them. As far as I can remember they were nothing special but they looked so nice. I do remember that they had a fairly large crotch but didn’t look all that big as far as size. I think it was a horn blowing that broke the trance. As I continued on down the path I got a glimpse of a few more. My mind was whirring as I imagined what I would find in upcoming weeks.

When finished collecting I dumped it all in a big pit out behind the horse barn. With the manure pile right next to it whatever smell it contained was more than compensated for. I then went to meet Hank who worked as the resident handyman. Harry told me that I’d learn a lot about trailers working with him and he guaranteed that, living in one, I’d put to use a lot of what I learned. A brand new trailer had come in that day and he was in the process of getting it set up for display. It wasn’t long before it was quitting time. I stopped by the trailer office to say good night and Vi handed me $10. Even though I didn’t know her all that well I wanted to give her a hug as I said thank you... but I didn’t.

Elle had made a trip downtown to Woolworth's with Beth to buy some of the things that she would have to have to live the whole week there. The $10 that I had in my pocket sure hadn’t lasted very long. That night Beth and Josh invited us over for ”games“. They were big into board games and, as a boy, so was I. The evening went quickly but was important in that we really ”bonded“ with them. Beth offered to drive Elle to the sorority each morning and, if she needed a ride back, would come and get her when she drove Josh to work at the parts plant in the late afternoon. It took a big worry off both our minds.

Because Elle was now out of her routine she had taken to wearing a "package" more and more... and unfortunately, using it. I don’t think I’d ever given any thought to the cost of sanitary napkins that she was using. But, when I looked at what she’d purchased and the price I took notice. She was using anywhere from eight to twelve a day. I didn’t say anything but made a mental note of it. Elle had also purchased a folding rack that would give her a place to hang her panties so the living room wouldn’t be decorated by them. During the day it fit inside the bathtub. I approved.

We spent Sunday studying and had dinner with Beth and Josh. We had determined that since we each got paid on alternating weeks that the one getting paid would buy the meat for a good meal, cook it and invite the other over to share on Sundays. Elle was already in a panic about the following week when it would be her turn. Even with that we had a good time.

I drove Elle to the sorority before I left on Monday morning. Since my first class wasn’t until 10:30am I had plenty of time. I had many thoughts about what I wanted and needed to do but not the conviction to follow through on them. Truthfully, the next three weeks are like a void in my mind. The only important thing I can think of is that Dr F complained that he was falling behind on the project where I was scoring tests. He’d originally planned on scoring them by machine and the hand scoring was taking far longer than he expected. I flat out told him that I was doing the best I could but with him limiting me to scoring them only in his office was the real problem. I know I was ”pushing the envelope“ when I told him that if he’d let me take them that I could guarantee at least 3000 a week. Initially, he said ”no“. I don’t remember exactly when he changed his mind but it caught me by surprise. I brought about 2000 or so home with me that next weekend and when I told Elle that she was going to have to help me do it she got upset. It ended up being our first real ”discussion“. When all was said and done she finally agreed. We got quite a few done that night and she promised to do some when I was down at Harry’s. As I remember it my pay for that week was the most I’d made since back at school.

I also remember Beth and Josh ”surviving“ Elle’s first attempt at cooking a real meal.
There was a lot of laughing, in good nature, as it (slowly) progressed. We all decided that we'd go home for Christmas. Trish and Vince had the biggest living room so they offered to hold a Christmas party the night of the last day of classes. This was long before the word went out about pregnant women shouldn’t drink alcohol. Beth got really drunk and we all had a good laugh watching her. As Elle and I were leaving for home the first thing in the morning we left fairly early. Josh decided that Beth had had enough and they joined us. Trish and Vince’s trailer was right at the top of the hill and as we made our way down Beth fell. We were all concerned, worried about the baby. When we leaned down to see how she was she seemed really upset. I remember her repeating, over and over, ”Where are my legs? I can’t see my legs!“. She was actually sitting on them but in her drunken state she was convinced they were gone. Josh and I reached down to pick her up and as we did it was very obvious that she was in the process of wetting herself. Even though I was concerned about her and the baby I couldn’t help myself as I felt a bulge growing in my pants. We, more or less, carried her the rest of the way to her trailer and once Josh got the door open he went inside trying to pull her up and in. It wasn’t working as she was like a rag doll. I got behind her and tried to lift from her hips. As she finally started upwards I put one hand on her backside to give a final push and felt the now cold wetness. My bulge was still there when we got to the door of our trailer. I had a little persuading to do when we got into bed but I did prevail. :-)

To be continued...

2 comments:

Pantymaven said...

This will be my last post for at least a week. I've been having serious problems with the 'puter for almost two weeks and am taking it in tomorrow. I've been told not to expect it back until early next week.
Check back then... if you're still interested.

badside said...

I can hardly wait to read about your adventures doing the park maintenance. Good luck with the computer!