Wednesday, February 06, 2013

BIG CHANGES... better times (Part 104m)

I’d calmed down by the time Nan, Elle and the kids returned. After getting the kids to bed we sat and chatted for a bit but because I wanted to be back home in daylight went to bed fairly early. For me it didn’t really work as I lay in bed worried about what would happen if Nan found that she had panties missing. At one point I lay there wondering if there was a way to put them back but as I analyzed the situation knew it would be impossible. I’m sure I got some sleep but it wasn’t much. I was up and dressed before Elle’s last alarm went off. I’d prepacked some things so went to load them into the wagon only to hear both mine and Nan’s girls fooling around on the living room floor. I took a few steps up to tell my girls to get dressed. As I did I got to see up Jessie’s nightgown and, for the first time, saw her in the plastic panties. I remember thinking how lucky Elle and I were that neither of our girls had that problem.

Of course Nan insisted that we had to have breakfast and it was almost 9am before we got on the road. Beyond the hugs and ”thank you’s“ there were the usual promises to get together in the future. As we drove away I was still worrying about the fallout if Nan found she was missing those panties. The thoughts didn’t make the trip any easier. We stopped to eat at the last rest area on the Jersey turnpike. I’d pushed Elle to wear a ”package“ because from that point on it would be at least three hours until there was a decent place to stop for a bathroom break. Traffic around the city wasn’t bad but it was steady meaning we kept moving but not ”at speed“. When we did stop it was at a diner that I’d remembered from back when we’d come home from college. As we all walked up to the entrance I asked Elle how she was doing. That was my way of asking if she was wet or dry. Almost immediately she handed the baby to me and ran inside.

She was not a happy camper when she returned to get the girls for their trip to the ladies room. When they all got back she actually accused me of making her ”go“. I remember thinking how was that possible. Eventually she said it was "the power of suggestion” and if I hadn’t said anything she would’ve made it to the toilet. I remember thinking that only a female could think like that. I asked if she wanted me to fetch some dry panties from our suitcase. We were only a little more than an hour away from home so she said that since she couldn’t wash up she’d stay the way she was. She did tell me that she’d removed the soggy sanitary pads though.

From that point on my thoughts turned to the upcoming Monday. It would be my first day at the new job. The closer we got to home the more excited I got about it. When we were approaching the town Elle asked what time it was. I don’t remember exactly but it was after 5pm. When I told her she brought up the fact that there was very little in the way of food at home and no bread or milk. When we left we thought we’d be back on Friday and that Elle could do her grocery shopping that night. But here it was, Saturday, and the supermarkets would close at 6pm. From where we were at that point there was a good chance that if we went home for Elle to get washed up and to change she wouldn’t get back to the market in time. When I mentioned that she turned to me with one of those “you’ve got to be kidding looks”. With a look of determination on her face she told me to head for the store.

The girls would go shopping with Elle every Friday unless she was teaching. It was a real treat for them to do it, taking turns pushing the cart. When they heard where we were going they got all excited. I’d done the shopping when Elle was recovering from her “procedure” a while back so, to ease the tension a bit, told her to make a quick list and I’d go in and do it. Clearly annoyed, she decided to play the “martyr card” and said she’d do it. Prior experience with her when in this mood told me to keep my mouth shut. It ended up that we all went inside with me holding the baby. Now I know this sounds perverse but while we were walking up and down the aisles I had a soft bulge knowing that she was out in public in wet panties. I know she didn’t know my thoughts but she told me that when we got home I was to change the baby’s diaper... which she’d messed. I took that to be my “punishment” for whatever it was that I'd supposedly done.

Before we left on the trip I’d asked our friends (and neighbors) Jim and Dora, to keep an eye on our place, collect the mail and, on Friday, to turn the heat back up. It was nice and warm when we walked in. Elle headed for the bathroom while I changed the baby. Then I unloaded all the stuff from the wagon. By the time I finished she’d made some sandwiches and warmed up some soup for our supper. She was wearing just a short robe but it wasn’t tied so I got some good looks as she flitted about while serving the food to the table. For some reason seeing her dressed like that excited me even though I got to see her in just panties and bra or, rarely, naked all the time. As I watched her I was glad to be home.

EPILOGUE... (to this part)
 Because our stop at Nan's was a critical piece of the story I've decided to add an "ending" to it as I couldn't figure out a way to integrate it into the continuing story line.

Elle wrote a thank you letter to Nan during the week we returned and, based upon some of their conversation while visiting with her, expected to get a response. None came. The birthday for her oldest daughter, Jessie, was around July fourth. Elle decided to send a children's book as a birthday present. When the present wasn't returned and no thank you letter came by August she tried to contact her by phone and got a message from the phone company that the number had been disconnected. Quite concerned, we contacted a cousin and were told that she was in the process of moving. Long story short... over the next two years we continued to try to make contact with her with no luck. Fast forward twenty years. Elle and I (now moved South) saw this couple walking in our downtown area. Elle saw the woman and, instinctively, called out Nan's name. The woman stopped and looked our way. When she did Elle started running in her direction.. I'm sure if the man who was with her hadn't stopped her she would've turned and walked/run the other way. We caught up with them and it was the strangest reunion I've ever been a part of. It was obvious that Nan wanted no part of us and, after about ten minutes of very awkward conversation, we parted with the only information we gleaned was that she was divorced (two times), living in Virginia and her girls were married. That was it. It's now some 27+ years later and still no contact. You have to remember that Nan and Elle were basically "connected at the hip" from 5th grade through the first year of college. She was the only person from her high school (still living) who didn't respond when their 50th high school reunion was being planned. We went and no one who attended knew anything about her or her whereabouts. It bothers me and I can't help wondering if my panty pilfering had anything to do with it... at least her unwillingness to stay in contact with Elle.

To be continued...


3 comments:

badside said...

About the robe, there is something very alluring about getting teasing glimpses like that.

Very strange about Nan. Can't imagine the panty thing could have been that big of a deal. Perhaps there was some other thing that happened. Maybe her husband made a fuss due to your visit and she blamed it on causing her divorce. Of course that's pure speculation on my part, so it could really be anything.

oldblue said...

Maybe, but then again two divorces and she was having problems when you were there makes people change.One thing I have learned in my life is there is no accounting for the changes in people.

Pantymaven said...

BS and OB... at this point in time I guess I'll never know... but it still haunts me.