Monday, July 14, 2014

Update #2...

Update #2...

First of all I’d like to thank those who took the time to comment and to encourage me to continue to write. It is my intention to do so but there will be an interruption. Let me explain...

As those of you who have been following this blog know, one of my wife’s closest and dearest friends recently died. Her death was very traumatic for my wife and seeing the results of it on her family got her to thinking about seriously planning for our future. We’d given some casual thought to “downsizing” in the past but our time with my wife’s friend’s family kicked that up a whole lot. Right before we received word of her death we saw that a house in our community (same size and model) had sold for what I considered an unbelievable price. Upon our return I contacted a realtor friend who also lives in the community and asked her what she thought our house was worth. Her first response was to ask if we were serious as she had a ready buyer for this particular model house. When she told me she thought I could get more money than the house I’d seen as being sold it got my attention. When I said we were serious she asked if she could bring her buyer over to look at the house. We said yes and, long story short, the buyer not only liked it but made a cash offer. Totally unprepared for it we hesitated, but only for a day. The buyer signed a contract and we have until August 29th to close on it. Talk about a change!

So, since then we have found a very nice condo and have been “downsizing” from about 6am until about 11pm, daily. It has been a daunting task going through all the things we’ve collected in the 30 years we’ve lived in this house. However, we’re committed now and have no choice but to make some hard decisions on what to keep, what to sell and what to throw away. Because of the time constraints I don’t know when I’ll be able to get back to posting on a regular basis. However, I do plan on returning. Please check back from time to time because I’m hoping to be able to post more to "Fancy Panties“ before our move. After that will be the ”period of adjustment“, getting all systems in place and settled in and I probably will not have the ability to write for a few weeks. Again, thanks for the encouragement and comments. It is really appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "heads-up". I'm glad the gap in your writing was caused by a more happy reason. Congrats on selling your place.

I'll check back every week with high anticipation of what happens next.

Thank you!
-DW

Anonymous said...

Extremely sad to hear of the passing of your wife's friend. I trust that time will heal the wound quickly and that the love and support of friends and family will restore a sense of cheer soon.

Here's wishing you the very best for your move and 'downsizing'. The decisions as to what is kept/sold/disposed of are not easy (especially priceless collections of certain fashions). However, may it go smoothly and may you both be extremely happy and contented in your new place.

God willing, we will be here when you return - eager for the next episode.