Wednesday, April 11, 2018

KEEPING UP... Busy, busy, busy (Part 166l)

KEEPING UP… Busy, busy ,busy (Part 166l)

Once the race was over it was pure bedlam in the infield. I have no idea how many race fans were in there but they all wanted to leave at the same time… with only one way out. By then we were resigned to the fact that it would be a long wait until we could move the race car from the impound area and to get it to where the hauler was parked. I was volunteered to stay by the hauler while the others went back to the race car. It didn’t really matter to me but I can say that it turned out to be ‘interesting’. Because of being busy with prepping the car before the race I’d not taken the time to investigate the infield rest room situation as I’d intended based upon my observations on Saturday Then, when it was found we couldn’t move the car we decided to go back to the hauler to watch the end of the race. I proceeded to forget all about it. But now, with people streaming by the hauler on their way to leave, I got to do some observing. It was an amazing cross section of people… young, old and in between. About the only reason I could come up with for them to have chosen the infield to watch was the cost was way cheaper. I don’t know how much it was but, as I mentioned earlier, the sight lines were non existent unless you had a bit of elevation. We had some from the bed of the hauler but even that wasn’t all that great. A few of the passers by stopped by the hauler to ask which car we were but that was all. I’ve always been a ‘people watcher’ going all the way back to when I was racing horses. So, I continued to do it hoping to get a ‘prize’ or two until the crowd going past thinned out. Then, to kill time, I decided to pull out the ramps so Cliffy could just drive the car up onto the hauler when he was able to get the car there. It was when I was under the back to unlatch them that I got a reminder of what I’d witnessed the previous day… a women who’d obviously wet herself at some point during the afternoon and another who was in ‘distress’ were on the other side. I pretty much knew I was hidden so just stayed on my knees. I remember one woman urging the other to “Hurry up!” and then telling her that no one was coming. From my vantage point I could only see her from mid thigh on down. But then I saw the pants start to be lowered. My heart definitely had an accelerated beat to it as I saw the woman start to squat. The next thing was in hearing a female voice scream… “STOP!”. It was loud enough to make me look around and when I turned back to the where the women were I heard a different voice swearing. I had no idea what was happening. Then the woman who was squatting started to stand and I could see her start to pull up her pants… still swearing. I still had no idea what was happening.

I waited until I saw that woman start to move away. Still hidden, I made my way to the front of the truck. I waited until I saw two heads moving away and took a few steps that allowed me to see the backs of both of them. What a sight! It was obvious as to which one had arrived at our hauler with wet pants because the staining was on the seat of her pants and down her inner thighs to her knees. The other one was a mess!. Her backside was wet from her waistband on down to to just a little below her butt cheeks and then there were spots of wetness on both pant legs right on down to the cuffs. I knew immediately what had happened as I’d seen Elle make the same mistake back when we were in college. She hadn’t pulled her pants down far enough. When she started to pee she was actually peeing into the rolled up body of the pants. I remember watching the two of them walking between the parked vehicles and smiling. Standing there, again reliving the scene I’d witness from under the truck bed, it explained why the one woman had yelled “Stop!” as she did. She could see what the other woman was doing. However, that was the only incident that I saw all day. I remember standing there wondering how many more like it I’d missed.

I’m not sure when it came to mind to wonder about Davo and Leigh. I had no idea who had returned to the motel to pick them up and had to wait until I saw the race car headed in my direction along with the other guys to even ask. I fully expected to see them after the race was over because it was something he always did. When I asked Alan if he’d seen them he just smiled and told me to go see Ra, Dick’s wife. To me, that didn’t make much sense as she wasn’t all that close to Leigh and pretty much avoided Davo. So, I had to wait until we were all loaded up, both race car and camp trailer, while the group decided on a plan of attack to approach her. We were all hungry and it was getting dark rapidly. She had a big smile on her face and was just about to say something when Dick, who was to drive the hauler home, said we were leaving. There wasn’t much I could do about that but hope that when we stopped to eat I could ask her again.

Buster and I, because we were thin, were relegated to riding in the hauler. For some reason, Ra refused to ride in it regardless of who was driving. So, the fourth person ended up being Alan. Cliffy, Dick and Alan were pretty close friends but neither Dick nor Alan was as close to Davo as Cliffy. I’d heard Alan make some less than complimentary remarks about Davo and had an idea that Dick wasn’t all that friendly with him either. In retrospect, they probably ‘tolerated’; him in deference to Cliffy’s relationship with him. In any case I decided to ask why he and Leigh hadn’t shown up after the race. Dick started to say something but Alan jumped in. I can’t say I was shocked when his answer was something close to “Because he’s an ass hole!”… and that was all. Dick didn’t add anything which left me wondering just what had happened.

The first two places where we tried to stop to eat didn’t have adequate parking for our vehicles. We ended up having to wait until we got on the turnpike and stopped at one of the rest stops. It was pay their outrageous prices or go hungry so we gave in. It was there that I was able to speak with Ra. She was a bit reluctant to go into detail but I prodded her by telling some of the things that had happened on the two nights we’d been there including the confrontation with the owner/clerk. Upon hearing that she willingly opened up. Basically, there was no one else but her to go get Davo and Leigh. Beth had meetings to attend regarding her scoring duties and the rest of us were busy in the pits. She told me that at the motel she went to the room that she’d been told to go to but found the door open and no one inside. She said she thought that they might’ve hitched a ride with someone else who was staying at the same place and started to leave. As she turned the car around she noticed a police car at the office but didn’t think much of it. As she started to drive past Leigh jumped out from behind it. Ra’s description was that she looked like she’d been in a fight. Now stopped, Ra asked what was going on and Leigh told her the police were arresting Davo. That was as far as she got because we were all leaving. I tried to ask if he was in jail and she, now smiling broadly, said “No” and headed out the doors with Beth, Cliffy and Joe.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure is easier for us guys to take a pee in public! Hope Davo didn't beat on Leigh.

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... you got that right!...