Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WINTER... way too soon (Part 40c)

The girls started in with these horrible "what if" scenarios as to what might happen to us. In writing this I’m smiling because the period in time was way before the horror movie craze. I don’t remember any specifics but I do remember finally telling them to shut up. I tried getting them to talk about their plans for the holiday but they were now mad at me so they stayed quiet. I got the wool blankets in the closet out but found no pillows. I laid them on the end of the beds and suggested that they might as well think about getting some sleep. I went out to relieve myself and to see if it was still snowing. It was but the wind had stopped and the snow wasn’t as heavy. I’d learned that it meant that it was getting colder and that fact didn’t make me very happy.

When I got back in the room Nancy and Pauline had climbed onto one bed. It was warm enough for them to have taken their coats off and they had pulled the blankets up over them. They were using their coats as pillows. I thought that was pretty clever. Elle was still sitting on the edge of the bed in front of the heater. I asked if she was going to change and she shrugged her shoulders. She asked if I’d be able to get into the trunk of my car before we left. I asked why and she said that if she changed now she’d have no dry panties for the rest of the trip. She had but two dry panties but had plenty of sanitary pads. I suggested that she just pull out the soggy pads and stuff some dry ones inside the plastic panties for the night. She didn’t like that idea but that’s what she did.

Ever since our weekend in Pennsylvania I’d been fantasizing about sleeping with Elle again. It certainly wasn’t working out the way I’d dreamed. Here we were with our clothes on, sharing a very uncomfortable single bed, trying to stay warm and with two other girls in the same room to boot. I remember snuggling up to Elle’s back and trying to go to sleep. I just couldn’t. There was too much on my mind. I knew our parents would be frantic for one thing. I was also worried about the conditions of the roads the rest of the way home. I had no idea how bad the storm might be further on. I knew I'd have to did the car out as well before we’d be able to go on. It was a long, long night.

I was awake when I heard Nancy and Pauline whispering about going to the bathroom. One of them said that she couldn’t see any harm in using the toilet, that she didn’t want to go out in the cold again. I sat up and told them they better not dare. I know I scared them because within a few seconds they were on their way out the door. When they returned I didn’t hear a peep out of them. I do remember thinking about their panties being a bit damp again though.

When I saw the first vestiges of daylight I got up and went out to see just how bad the car was buried in the snow. I didn’t like what I saw. One good thing was that I’d pulled the car into the parking area far enough that it didn’t get hit by the snowplow. But it was so close to the road that the snow that was pushed off the road was packed in tightly to the back end of the car. Standing in the road you wouldn’t have even known a car was there. I didn’t have a shovel so went looking over by the office. I found a coal shovel and when I saw it I was disappointed. I was looking for, and expected to find, a wide bladed snow shovel. But, in this case, the coal shovel was what I needed. I literally had to carve out blocks of snow to move it. There was no wind but it was a lot colder than it had been when we arrived. On top of being packed in by the plow the wet snow that had fallen first had now frozen. Other than my hands and ears I was plenty warm as I worked to clear a path for the car to get out. On the flat, my guess was that more than a foot had fallen. As I was working a State trooped stopped to see if I needed assistance. By then I had it pretty much under control. But at least I was able to ask how the roads were and how far it was to the Thruway. He said they were clear but snow packed and to take my time.

The girls showed up just about the time I got all the snow cleared from the back of the car to the road. The problem was that the car was on a slight incline headed down towards the motel and I was afraid that when I put the car in gear to back out the wheels would start spinning. So, reluctantly, I ended up shoveling out the front of the car so the girls would be able to help push. By then they were complaining about being cold. Then the owner came out. He wasn’t any more friendly than he’d been when I first knocked on his door. He wanted to know if we’d put everything back where we’d found it in the room. I didn’t know but the girls said they had. The girls got in the car after I’d had it running for a while and I went over to get my drivers license back from the man. He said he wanted to look at the room first so, now getting frustrated, I followed him on down. When he saw where the girls had peed he was upset. I know I snapped back at him at that point. I don’t remember exactly what I said but it had to be something like “where did you expect us to go!” He opened the door and the first place he went was into the bathroom. That made me even madder since it was obvious that we’d gone outdoors. But, as he peered into the toilet I went into a momentary panic when I saw Elle’s soggy panties in the sink along with the pads. Luckily, he took a peek into the tub which gave me the chance to grab the cold mess up. He never said another word as I followed him up the hill to the parking lot. We stopped by the office and he went inside while I went over to the car and opened the trunk and stuffed the wet things down into a corner. He was almost to the car when I stood up. I was originally going to ask if the phones had come on but at that point all I wanted was to get out of there. I grabbed the license from him and never even said thanks. I had the girls get out and had them push on the hood of the car as I put it into reverse. With a bit of slipping and sliding I made it up onto the road. I was never so glad to leave a place as I was to leave there.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

That's quite an adventure, can't wait to read about the girl's parents reactions.