Wednesday, November 04, 2009

MARRIED... Winter woes (Part 49f)

Working at Harry’s...
The almost constant snow made it very difficult for Harry and Clyde to get in the necessary training work the horses needed. It also made it difficult for me to do my garbage collection chore. The path behind the two rows of trailers in the park was too narrow to run a snow plow down it which meant that I had to walk from the front of each trailer to the back to get to the garbage cans. It made the process a lot longer but I did get to meet most of the residents. There were definitely a few of the females that I wanted to take a close look at their wash lines when the weather improved enough for them to hang clothes outside.

I had mentioned my brief meeting with Vi’s sister, Stephanie and her son, Levi in an earlier part. After getting settled in at the park Stephanie ended up working for Harry and Vi as their bookkeeper and also cashier at Vi’s monthly auction. What we could and couldn’t do with the horses was determined by the amount of snow and the weather in general. On one of the Saturdays where we couldn’t do anything I ended up over at the auction to help out. That’s when I got to learn and see more of Stephanie.

As I had mentioned, Stephanie was a VERY good looking woman. It turns out she had gotten married when she was only 17 and was now 35 years old. She didn’t look it though. On that day she was wearing a cowboy type shirt and a pair of very tight gabardine pants. It only took me about a minute or two to notice a very nice VPL (visable panty line). For the next few minutes I couldn’t take my eyes off her rear end. I was getting the items in order to be auctioned and she was setting up the table where the sale items would be paid for. All the lights hadn’t been turned on at that time but when they were I got a real treat. There was no mistaking that she was wearing two pair of panties. As I said in the first paragraph of this section, I’d not had much luck in viewing wash lines during this part of the Winter. But seeing Stephanie up close and knowing that she was wearing multiple panties made me want the weather to improve, and soon.

Levi, her son, loved the horses. However, Harry had made it clear to him that he would not be allowed to work with them until he graduated. He’d spent a couple of weeks visiting his aunt and uncle during previous Summers and been exposed to them at that time. I thought it was a bit unfair that he wasn’t allowed to spend any time on the weekends and during school holidays but that was the way it was. The only time I got to see him was when he would help his mother by doing some snow shoveling around their trailer. Selfishly, I was glad for the restriction because he certainly could’ve done all the things I was doing at Harry’s.

In looking back I’m somewhat amazed at how Harry never seemed to have any doubts as to my ability to take on a job at which I had no experience. He really put me to the test when upon my arrival one Saturday he told me I was to deliver a horse that he had just sold. Harry had a pick-up truck and a two horse trailer that he primarily used to bring his horses to the race track during the Summer. The only thing I’d ever trailered was my boat which wasn’t all that large. This thing was not only tall but was also heavy and wide. I had some serious doubts but Harry just told me to take my time.

Ironically, I was to deliver the horse to the town where my 2nd semester roommate from my junior year lived so I was somewhat familiar as to just where it was. The route that Harry had laid out for me took me right through my college town. For some reason the whole campus looked different this time. As I approached my destination I remember my old roommate telling me about this luncheonette that had the most fantastic roast beef sandwiches. As I drove through the town I tried scouting the place out and thought I saw it. I asked the man who had bought the horse about the place and he confirmed it. As to assure me that it was as good as I’d been told he gave me a tip of $5 and told me to use it to get my sandwich.

Parking in town in this part of the state was different from at home. Cars were angled in to the curb. With the trailer attached there was no way. I ended up having to drive to the edge of town before finding a place to park. As I walked through the town I was somewhat reminded of the town where my grandparents lived. All the stores were old with their doors between two display windows. The luncheonette was in sight when I looked into the window of a ladies dress store. It was like deja-vu because it was so similar to the store where I’d bought the Carter’s Spanky Pants for Elle many years before. I stopped and looked through the windows. As I did I saw a number of little plastic signs on the floor around the dress mannequin's feet. I immediately recognized two of them... Mojud and Gotham Gold Stripe. I couldn’t believe it. The fancy panties that I’d discovered in the wash basket at Joanne’s were made by Gotham. I didn’t hesitate for very long before I walked in.

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

You seem to have had the good fortune to get some people around you who had a great deal of trust in your ability to handle almost any task asked of you. It's sad your parents did not see what they saw in you. Keep writing as every chapter just whets my desire to read the next one.