Tuesday, December 01, 2009

MARRIED... Spring(ing) into the future (Part 50a)


That Saturday was the first day of Spring. I remember it being an absolutely beautiful day. We’d had a week with much melting of snow and without rain so that Harry had been able to get the training track into shape. When I told him that I would be missing a few days to go home I thought he’d be a little upset. However, he fully agreed with the thought that it was time to end the standoff. He was very supportive and I appreciated that. In talking with him I was able to convince him to relent on prohibiting his nephew, Levi, from working with the horses until he graduated from high school. From what Levi had told me he was in no danger of not graduating and he’d already been promised a job by Harry for the Summer. It made no sense to me to turn him away especially when Harry was short handed anyway. I was the one to tell Levi and when I did I found out that it was his birthday. He couldn’t have been happier.


When I made my trash collection later that day I got my fill of washline panty peeks. There was one trailer that I’d singled out after seeing the woman going between her car and the trailer during the Winter. The woman was in her 30’s with long blonde hair and appeared to be attractive from the few times I’d seen her getting in and out of her car. Each and every Saturday I’d checked her clothesline with absolutely nothing to see. But, on this Saturday my patience was rewarded. Even though the whole line was filled with wash, her panties were on the side facing the path in the back. That meant that I could get a nice close look without it being so obvious. They were mostly what I would call “common” with nothing to make them stand out. But there were at least six pair and they looked so nice just blowing gently in the breeze. After seeing them I now wanted to see just what she looked like without being all bundled up in a Winter coat.


When I got back home and stopped at the trailer I saw Mac (the guy who had been in the head on crash a few weeks earlier) cutting through the yard. I hadn’t seen him to talk to since the accident and after exchanging pleasantries he asked about the big dent in the car door. I told him what happened and then he asked what I was going to do about repairing it. I told him about the deductible part of the insurance and told him there was no way I could come up with $100 right before the baby was due. He then told me that he’d bought a car to replace his wrecked one from an auto body shop and he told me he thought the guy would “work with me“ and that I should stop in. Since I was back at my school during weekdays the only time I had was on Saturdays. Mac seemed anxious for me to talk with the guy so I asked him if he thought the guy was still there. He suggested that we take ride down there. I told Elle where I was going and headed downtown.


Mac did all the talking (thank goodness!) and told him my plight. The guy looked over the damage and told me, point blank, that I needed a new door and that he really couldn’t do much to help me. We were about to leave when he stopped me and said that if I was willing to waive a guarantee on the work that he thought he could jury rig something to repair the door frame (which he assured me was broken in two) and just put a new ”skin” over it that he’d do the work for what the insurance would pay for. It took me a bit of time to realize what he was going to do was to write up the estimate for a new door but then just fix the broken one and accept whatever the insurance paid. When I agreed he told me that It would be advisable to continue to use the passenger door to get in and out of the car as he didn’t know how long the repair to the frame would hold up. At that point I didn’t care. We had a deal.


The problem was going to be actually getting the car fixed. The only available time would be during the week of Spring Break and I was already going to be losing a few days work at Harry’s with our trip home. It was just something else I had to deal with.


To be continued...



1 comment:

badside said...

Lots of interesting developments on the horizon!