Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SETTLED... at least I thought so (Part 63b)

When I got in the car I took a close look at them and was disappointed in that they weren’t in very good shape. I only had the light from the dash to see by and what I really wanted to know was who made them. It took a little bit of work but I was able to flatten out the label enough to read “Evette”. It was a new name for me. As I looked them over I realized that I had a bulge. As I said, I was disappointed that they were in such poor shape but it made sense because if they were in good shape Ronnie would’ve taken them to Florida. As I drove home I went back to concentrating on what I hoped Elle and I would be doing in just a short time. I left the panties in the trunk of the car when I got home. I’d transferred my “stash” of panties that I didn’t want Elle to know about over to my grandfather’s garage. As I was going to take him to the hospital to see my grandmother on Saturday I felt it was the safest place for them. Let’s just say that I enjoyed the rest of my evening.

As soon as I walked in the door Elle told me that Jim had been looking for me. I knew he was installing the same skirting under his trailer as I had and thought that maybe he was having trouble. When I got there he was talking to a couple of guys. He waved me up to them and then introduced me to his cousin, the race car driver. As I’d mentioned before. I remembered his name from the last year I owned my race car but didn’t recognize him. We chatted about some of the people we each knew from the track and then he left to go to practice held prior to the races that evening. As soon as he and the other guys left Jim started pressuring me to go to the races with him that night. It was closing night and there was to be a special extra lap race. If I hadn’t talked with his cousin about the racing people we each knew I probably wouldn’t have even given a thought to going... but I had. I didn’t commit right then and there. I said I’d let him know and headed home.

It was a big surprise when Elle didn’t have a problem with me going. Once she said it was OK I started getting excited. If it weren’t the last night of racing I’m not so sure that the “OK” would’ve been given so readily. She said that she’d get in touch with Jim’s wife and maybe get together with her.

A lot had changed in the four years since I had my last car race. A new, more powerful class of cars were now racing. Jim’s cousin was racing in the faster division. The division my car had raced in was still racing and there were still quite a few of the same drivers competing. But there were a handful who had moved up as well. That made it more interesting for me. Jim’s cousin finished third and was runner up for the points championship. We went into the pits afterwards and congratulated him. I wandered around a bit and got to say hello to a couple of people I knew from my days at the track. I remember lying in bed that night and thinking back to my car racing days.

I’d promised to take my grandfather to the hospital to see my grandmother on Sunday. It was always sad to see her just lying there like a vegetable. She couldn’t speak and her side was still paralyzed. But my grandfather was faithful, going to see her every day. One thing I knew I’d hear from my grandfather was that I needed to get a job that utilized my college degree. On this Sunday there was something different... he had arranged an interview for me with a good friend of his. The man was Chairman of the Board at a small local bank. I’d heard my grandfather mention his name from time to time. The fact that it was at a bank didn’t thrill me as I still remembered my experience in college as a bank intern for a few weeks. There wasn’t much I could say so I didn’t say anything.

An interview mean a suit and a tie. I still had a suit but hadn’t worn it in two years. I tried it on that night and it still fit. In a way I was hoping that it wouldn’t so I could postpone the meeting. I don’t remember which day it was but I do remember how nervous I was. I walked in and asked for the name my grandfather had given me. I was taken into an office and the man wasn’t old like my grandfather but looked to be about my father’s age. I was puzzled and so was the man.

It was his father I was to meet with. It took a minute or two to get it sorted out but the man had the same name as his father and he was the President of the bank. By the time I’d met and chatted with the right person I knew I didn’t want the job I was offered. It was as a teller for $45 a week. I was making around $80 a week at the trailer park. The fact that I worked almost twice as many hours didn’t matter to me. It was the gross dollars that I was interested in. In talking to Elle that evening about the mix up she told me that the son lived in the town that we both grew up in. In talking about it I realized that I used to deliver groceries to his house. I vaguely remembered his wife as being very nice (I would usually get a tip) and pretty.

Elle had made a point of following up her meeting with Alice, the new lady, and had volunteered to go with her to find the different food stores and other places she might need. She was in the trailer when I got there for lunch. I didn’t expect to find anybody there and when I walked in I surprised both of us. She was sitting on the floor playing with her daughter and Jean, my oldest. She was wearing a dress and when she saw me she tried to jump up but didn’t quite make it. As she fell backwards and into the sofa her one leg lifted and I got a nice panty peek. There was no way for her not to have known that I’d seen up her skirt. She was very embarrassed and decided to leave right away. I was sorry that she did but I knew I wanted to see more of her.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those panty peeks! I was thinking the panties from the drawer might have been left overs, guess I know my panties! LOL!

-Badside