Sunday, December 11, 2016

Explanation... of sorts, about the "crash"

Explanation... of sorts, about the "crash"

Time caught up with me... in many ways. The 'puter was ten years old and my big mistake was in not keeping up with updating the operating systems as time passed. I was getting what I wanted with what I had so my thought process was to be satisfied with what I had. Why that was so big was that all my 'stuff' was (or is) incompatible with the current operating systems. I have an external hard drive but when migrating what was on it to the new computer, most of it was rejected or corrupted. Now I'm praying that a "guru" can at least salvage my pictures through some special process. I know half my music is gone. As far as the writing is concerned, my notes is all that I lost. Mostly outlines that I'd add to after being reminded of something. At my age I have to write them down as soon as the thought comes to mind. My posting may be a little sporadic for a while as I try to continue to recover but I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about have old things being incompatible. I ran a super old computer for a long time and finally upgraded to a new one. Even though the computer was still running well, some of my stuff was incompatible with the newer software. The files are still there though.

If your old computer was Windows XP (I'm guessing) and the new one is Windows 10, I'd think most things should be "readable" by the new computer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... no, it's a Mac. From the last time I upgraded the operating system they made six upgrades. Today I was able to extract some of the pix from the old 'puter but when I tried to load them on the new one it wouldn't accept them. I'll keep trying...