Saturday, October 13, 2018

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER... Good & bad (Part 169x)

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER… Good & bad (Part 169x)

There she was again… big fur hat and long fur coat… but with a different look on her face. I think the only word I uttered was “Yes…”, with a question mark. I really don’t remember what she said but I let her in. To be absolutely truthful I really wanted to know why she’d come back. I thought I’d made it clear that I (we) wasn’t going to do her bidding. But, in what I called ‘city talk’ ( fast, rapid fire), she pleaded with me for help. She’d gone to Wally’s place and, reluctantly, paid for a room. She said as soon as she walked in she knew it was a mistake. But, it was when she walked down the hall to the bathroom and closed the door she knew she couldn’t stay there… some sort of furry thing ran across the floor. She went on that she ran back to the room, put on her coat and hat and ran down the stairs to her car. She then told me she was resigned to driving back to the city even though she hated to drive at night. Something made her look at the gas gauge and saw it was almost empty. After driving for about fifteen minutes and not finding an open gas station she panicked, turned around and ended up back at my house.

There were two things going through my mind right then… I knew she was going to want to stay with us and… was I going to be cruel enough to turn her down? When Elle appeared in the doorway of the hall she scared me. She, of course, saw Matty and when she did she walked into the kitchen and asked what was going on. She was wearing her bathrobe that didn’t have a sash and was holding the front together as she listened to Matty repeat what she’d just told me. Knowing what to look for I could see a bit of Elle's plastic pants that covered her 'package' and wondered if Matty would notice. I just knew Elle would offer her a bed but before she could Matty proposed that all she’d need was a couch. For the next minute or so they had a verbal jousting match with me finally interjecting that Matty was satisfied with the couch and all Elle had to do was get her a pillow and a blanket. Matty then said she could use her coat to cover herself but did agree to accept a pillow. I wasn’t happy about it knowing that Matty had ‘won’ and it would come back to haunt me (us) in the future. While Elle was getting the pillow I decided to head up the stairs and try to get some sleep.

I don’t know what time it was when Elle came to bed but I do know I was awake. At 7am I was on my way down the stairs to take a shower when I heard Matty on the phone. I stopped and listened. I gathered she was talking to her sister. She’d told us her sister was taking care of her kids and the part of the conversation I heard had to do with getting them ready for school. To get to the bathroom and the shower I had to walk past her and I tried to ignore her as best I could. When I finished up she was in the kitchen and looking into a cabinet. I didn’t care how rich she was I was offended that she had the nerve to just go through our things without asking. I stopped and started towards her and when she saw me I remember her putting both her hands up. It was almost like she was saying “OK, you caught me”. I heard her say something like “I’m sorry but I’ve got to have my coffee.” I wanted to scream at her… but I didn’t. I actually can’t believe, after all these years, that I didn’t. I’m not sure what I said and it might’ve been to tell her neither of us drank coffee. In any case she apologized again and it was when Elle appeared with the kids that I headed back upstairs to get dressed for work. After I did I didn’t stop to eat any breakfast and just put on my coat and headed out the door. It was an 'escape'.

When I got home that night Elle greeted me with a totally unexpected surprise. She’d seen the headlights in the driveway and was waiting for me at the door. Of course she knew I was going to ask her about Matty and as I opened the door she had her index finger across her lips. She then took me by the hand, with my overcoat still on, and led me to the bathroom where she hiked up her skirt and, with her panties still on, sat on the toilet. Never one to turn down an opportunity to get a wet ‘feel’, promptly went to my knees  and inserted my hand between her legs. It had been quite a while since I’d had that presented to me and I took full advantage of it. As soon as I started to speak her finger went right to her lips. The warm wetness on the satin finish of the panties was almost too much for me and as I went to stand up almost came. The only thing Elle did before coming back out into the kitchen was to dab her crotch with a wash cloth but she did leave the panties on.

Needless to say I was now in her ‘grasp’ and, after shedding my coat and jacket, followed her over to the stove. I was waiting for her to speak but all she did was to busy herself with pan frying a cube steak, a favorite of mine. That told me that whatever it was she was going to be telling me was certainly going to be interesting. I had to wait until she had my dinner on a plate and she, standing at the counter as I sat at the table, told me I wasn’t to interrupt her. By then I’d forgotten about Matty so when she started by saying that she’d had a good conversation with the woman before she left. I was OK with that but still not happy with her. Elle went on that in spite of the way she’d presented herself to me (us) she really was a nice person and that if I’d give her a chance she’d prove it. In spite of being upper middle class growing up and having a somewhat ‘easy’ upbringing, she’d been having a hard time since the divorce. Her father had never approved of the marriage and had been one of the reasons for her getting the divorce. She still hadn’t fully accepted it and had an ongoing conflict with her father.

I’d heard enough by then and cut Elle off telling her all that stuff might be true but she didn’t have the right to interject herself into our lives. Elle agreed but asked to continue with her observation of Matty. What could I do but to acquiesce. She finished up by saying that Matty seemed sincere when she apologized to her, promising that she would be “a different person” the next time we saw her. The way she acted was because she was so upset with her father for making her come out to look at the damage. Elle said Matty realized that she’d taken her frustrations out on us and had acted in a selfish manner. I heard what Elle was saying but reserved judgement for the future. I still saw the potential for problems in the not to distant future.

To put an end to this particular ’thread’; Tony came and cut the limb up and carted to remnants away and Jonesie started in fixing the windows and window frames that weekend. I’ll also admit that, with Elle’s strong urging, I did make the calls to Matty on the progress of both projects. Sometime the following week we received a package in the mail… a carton of oranges and grapefruit from Florida. The card read something like “To the start of a good friendship…” It was from the whole family. I could only hope so but…

To be continued…

2 comments:

oldblue said...

I hope that apple fell far from the tree, but you learn from example in many cases. Just my thoughts after a few years on this rock.

Pantymaven said...

OB... that's usually true but there are exceptions...