Monday, April 21, 2008

WINTER... The bleakest time of year (Part 30b)

Mr T. wasn’t really interested in “small talk” and excused himself to get back to the cow barn as soon as we finished eating. As he left he reminded Mrs T. and Joanne that “chores” still had to be done. I helped clear the table and watched as the two of them stepped outside to go do their jobs. I was somewhat disappointed that I didn’t even get a hint of a peek of Joanne’s panties when she put on her coveralls. With a skirt on, she did the same thing I’d seen her mother do the last time I'd been there and that was to pull the coveralls on under her dress and then to stuff the skirt part of the dress down inside.

Suzette had gone into the living room as the dishes were being cleared. When I walked in I surprised her. She asked how I’d gotten to know her parents and that gave me the opportunity to find out a little about her. We probably chatted for about 10 minutes when I noticed that she was getting a little “edgy”. I remember her getting up and going out into the kitchen and I could see her looking out the window towards the barn. When she came back she asked if I could go out and get her mother. I said “sure” and headed for the barn. The smell in there was almost overpowering. I found Joanne first and asked her to find her mother. It took a while and when I gave the the message she frowned and asked me to go back and tell Suzette she'd have to wait.

When I got back to the house Suzette was no longer there. I had nothing to do so just sat there in the living room until someone returned. I didn't know what was going on. At that point I was really uncomfortable. I guessed that Suzette was upstairs and I was alone and stuck there until Mrs T. returned and drove me back to town.

Joanne was the first back in the house. She sat down across from me and I proceeded to praise her on her cooking skills and the delicious meal we’d just eaten. It was plain to see that she enjoyed hearing the praise. Again, it made me sad to see that she was “trapped” out here on the farm because some people had determined that she wasn’t teachable. In my eyes she was very teachable. Slow, but definitely teachable. She asked where her sister was and I pointed upstairs. She got up and went upstairs but was back quickly. She had a bit of a smirky smile on her face when she did.

I asked what was so funny. At first she just shook her head from side to side but I noticed her smile getting wider. I “pushed" her to tell me why she was smiling. It took a bit of persuasion but she finally said something along the lines of ”I shouldn’t tell you this...“. At that point I really wanted to hear what she had to say. When she opened her mouth I couldn’t believe my ears. What had happened was that Suzette had needed to go to the bathroom and, because, with her hands fully bandaged, she needed help to pull her panties down. That was why I was asked to go fetch her mother. But, by the time she got there it was too late and Suzette had sat on the toilet and peed though her panties.

I could hear the glee in the tone of her voice as she told me and it was somewhat puzzling. I asked her why she thought that was funny. Again, she shook her head from side to side and, again I ”pushed“ her. I think it was because she was now somewhat comfortable with me that she let her guard down. I don’t remember her words but, paraphrasing, it was the first time the situation had been reversed and it was Suzette who had wet herself instead of Joanne. I was able to glean that when Joanne was younger she’d been teased by her sisters when she’d wet her pants and this was sort of a payback. On the one hand I was excited to hear about it but on the other I felt a bit guilty for having taken advantage of Joanne and her innocence.

It was almost timed perfectly for Mrs T. to reappear. She also asked where Suzette was and Joanne, now feeing somewhat giddy, announced that she’d gone ”wee wee in her pants“. I had to hide the smile on my face. Mrs T. looked with alarm at Joanne and then headed up the stairs. When she returned it was obvious she was upset with Joanne and told her to go to the kitchen. Then she told me that she’d be right with me to take me back to campus. It was time, for sure.

I retrieved my coat and waited for her to return. I heard her call me from the kitchen so followed the call. Joanne was standing by the sink and was crying. Mrs. T had her coat on and was standing by the door. I didn’t know what to say or do. Even though Joanne wasn’t paying attention to anything I felt I should thank her again for cooking the meal. She sort of looked up and barely waved her hand to acknowledge me. I felt badly for her and sort of wished I knew what Mrs T. had said to her.

Mrs T. was unusually quiet on the short trip to town. As we approached the house I made a general statement along the lines that I hoped everything was OK with Joanne. She kind of grimaced and shook her head. She mumbled something about how she was disappointed in Joanne but I could see she didn’t want to discuss it. As I was about to get out of the car I told her I hoped she liked the Christmas present. It was immediately obvious that she was embarrassed that she’d forgotten to open it while I was there and was all apologetic. What that did was to start a conversation about Joanne.

I don’t think I said a word for about five minutes. Mrs T. told me about how, when all the girls were young, the older two would tease Joanne and get her upset and mad and how she would end up wetting her pants. Even though the older two were scolded and told not to do it they would, from time to time, get upset with Joanne because she was ”slow”. The end result was a wetting “incident“. With the older two away at college there was a lot less interaction between them and Mrs T. was hopeful that all that had happened in the past was long gone. What had happened earlier showed that it was still festering. Mrs T. went on to tell me that when Joanne had gone upstairs to see where Suzette was she left her sitting on the toilet in her wet panties and wouldn’t help her. I swear I was biting my tongue to keep from smiling when she told me that. I remember thinking ”Good for you, Joanne!“. When I got out of the car I thanked Mrs T. for the meal and told her that I was sure the situation at home would work out. At least for Joanne I hoped it would.

To be continued...

No comments: