Friday, May 09, 2008

WINTER DOLDRUMS... Surviving, but barely (Part 31b)

We were on our way back into the sorority house when we ran into two of Elle’s roommates. They told Elle that the menu for dinner that night wasn’t all that appetizing and they were going to eat downtown. They asked if we wanted to join them. The first thing I thought of was money... or my lack of it. I guess I was trying not to upset Elle because I didn’t object. I probably didn’t say much as we walked because I was probably recalculating my available money. We ended up where Elle and I had eaten many times during her freshman year. As usual, there was a line waiting to get seats. Elle excused herself and I knew where she was headed. When she returned I noted a bit of concern on her face. I kind of guessed why. If we’d been alone I might have asked her about it but decided that, in front of her roommates, I wouldn’t.

Luckily, Elle chose something reasonable. I didn’t eat anything, using the excuse that I’d just eaten a short time ago. When we were done Elle’s roommates decided to go to the movies. I asked her where she wanted to go and that’s when she said we’d better go back to the sorority. If this had been before Christmas I would’ve been all over her... patting her bottom... feeling for wetness, but it wasn’t. I did manage to elicit something along the line of “It’s time.” which confirmed what I’d been thinking.

After she changed her “package” we ended up back at the SU lounge. It was very platonic and the talk between us was more about school than us. I’d told my classmate Donny (who lived in the same town) that I was going to stay at his house. I decided to take Elle back to the sorority a bit early because I had a long walk to get there. We kissed and hugged but it wasn’t with the same fervor as during our Christmas break. I wasn’t upset though, because I felt we were still “good” based upon our earlier talk.

By morning the weather had changed and it looked and felt like snow. I saw Elle early and then took off for the bus station. Nothing much had changed from where it was the night before. As I understood it in my mind, we were still “solid” and still engaged. (although we still hadn’t told our parents) It wasn’t the way I wanted it but it was acceptable. I’d just have to “wait it out”.

Money and weather on top of the tentative nature of our relationship added up to me only getting over to see Elle three times over the next month and a half. I’d decided not to invite Elle to Winter Party because, as a non drinker and non smoker, she hadn’t really enjoyed the Fall party at the fraternity. So it was quite a surprise for me to have her ask if she could come. What had led to it was that one of her sorority sisters had been invited and she was going provided she could room with someone she knew. She knew I went to the same school and asked Elle if she was going. If I said OK she told me she had a ride both ways. It meant a little more stress on my budget but I really did want to see her.

At each party (Fall, Winter and Spring) each of the fraternities would pick their own individual party themes. For Winter party my fraternity chose to have a “slumber party” with red flannel nightshirts as party favors for all the girls. I’d already envisioned a great night of panty peeking as it looked like the shirts would barely cover the girls bottoms (we’d seen samples). With Elle being there it meant I’d have to be a little more careful.

The school had been through the fraternity “rush” and we had a whole new batch of pledges that would do most of the “grunt“ work and would allow me to have more freedom. Bob, my roommate, was going home that weekend for some sort of family affair which worked out well for me as far as Elle was concerned Elle. It meant Elle and her sorority sister could room together in our room. I was actually beginning to look forward to the party.

Elle was to arrive about mid afternoon at the fraternity house. While I was waiting there was a lot of excitement as other girls were arriving all the time. To kill time I decided to go into the coat closet, feigning making telephone calls but it was really to try and get a peek of girls using the bathroom. I do remember this one girl who had to be almost six feet tall. With some shorter girls the peep hole didn’t really allow you to see all that much. But, with this girl it was perfect. It was almost like she was ”playing” to me. Most girls would do their thing, wipe and stand up and only giving a sideways view of their panties. But this girl turned her back to the peep hole after she pulled her panties up which really got my attention. The crotch was fairly large and it was another case of really wanting to know what kind they were.

I noted that there were a few good looking girls among the early arrivals... girls that I hoped to get a good look at their panties during the “slumber” party later that evening. When Elle finally arrived I had to take her and her sorority sister to my room. I think the girl’s name was Christy. The college they were attending was a Teachers College and this girl already fit the term “school marm”. Her hair was in a pony tail and she wore horn rimmed glasses. Her other physical features were nothing out of the ordinary. As we walked into the house I wondered if she knew about Elle’s “problem” but didn’t dwell on it. I watched them walk up the stairs and remember admiring Christy’s VPL.

Elle and I just hung out at the fraternity until dinner. It was there that the announcement was made about the theme of the party and the “favors” were handed out to the girls. The responses range from laughter to outrage. Elle just gave me one of “those” looks. I waited a while to ask if she’d wear it. She told me that if the majority of the other girls did that she would. It was at this point that I really started wondering just what she was wearing under her slacks. If it had been before our “lucky escape” I would’ve bet that she was wearing just nylon panties. Right then and there I was sure she had on a “package” and because of it wouldn’t take a chance on wearing something so short. That kind of bummed me out.

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

Back and caught up in the reading. Never a dull moment for you. Thought for awhile your life was going to take a big change. Keep up the good work I'm always waiting for the next installment.