Saturday, May 17, 2008

WINTER DOLDRUMS... Surviving, but barely (Part 31d)

I was right. The room was just too accessible to people and it was like Grand Central station. Even though I’d turned the lights out every time someone would walk in they’d turn them on, look around and then leave. Frustrated, I finally headed for the “dorm”. It was located above the kitchen and had a dozen bunk beds in it and it was for guys who wanted more space in their rooms. The problem was that it was unheated so everyone had multiple layers of blankets. I found an empty one and struggled to get in (with all my clothes on). I didn’t get much sleep but it was certainly better than being interrupted every few minutes.

Saturday morning dawned bright and clear (and cold). I told Elle I’d see her around 9am. That would still give us time for breakfast at the fraternity. As we walked down fraternity row we inspected the snow sculptures. Some houses were still putting finishing touches on their displays and we stopped and watched a few until Elle got cold. As soon as we walked in the house she headed for the ladies room. I’d gotten in line for the food as I was hungry, even if it was only Smitty’s (the cook) greasy scrambled eggs. When Elle caught up with me she had a funny look in her eyes. It was a “good“ funny. After we had our plates filled she pulled me out to the area where we’d been sitting the night before. That puzzled me. I sat down but she stood beside me. I remember looking up at her with a questioning look. She bent down and whispered that she’d ”missed”, but only a little bit. It surprised me because, since our “near miss” and “understanding” she hadn’t volunteered that kind of information to me. Before I could pursue it further another couple joined us.

Intermingled with the small talk with the other couple I was wondering if Elle was softening her stance on celibacy. I just didn’t know how to proceed. After we finished we went outside and continued on down Fraternity row looking at the sculptures. We were almost down to the outdoor ice rinks so we continued on. There were four of them and two were open for students and their dates to use. Elle was a really good ice skater and, seeing all the people circling the rink, she said she wished she’d thought to bring her skates. I know that by just standing there I quickly got cold. I sort of hinted that we should be moving on but Elle wanted to watch for a few more minutes. I finally gave her arm a tug and we started back. We were halfway there when she stopped. Just from looking at her I could tell what was happening. She just stood still, biting her lower lip. I had pretty much figured that she was wearing a “package” since she’d not wanted to go back to the room when she’d “missed” earlier. This confirmed it. It was about 30 seconds or so before she started walking again. She looked up at me and said that she was sorry and we'd have to go back to the room.

Since she’d volunteered the information that she’d “missed” earlier, I felt I was safe in asking about this one. When I did she said it was combination of the cold and time. Even though she was now able to last over two hours under normal circumstances. But, when she was exposed to the cold and did, in fact, get cold it would often trigger a “void”. That was a new term for me and she explained that it was a term that her doctor used to describe when she “flooded” (her term). I asked how often that was and she shrugged and said it was a lot better that it had been before the operation. Before long we were back at the house where I lived. I was just glad to get inside and to get warm. She wasn’t gone for long and we headed back to the fraternity.

On our way back I saw Mr B. dressing the mannequins in his clothing store window. Mrs B had asked me, many times, to stop in to show Elle off when she was visiting. Elle didn’t want to but I prevailed. It was another excuse to be inside and warm. When we were leaving I remember Mr B. telling me just how many days until the racing season began. With snow on the ground it was hard to visualize.

I’d wanted to go to the hockey game but when we headed there after lunch we found that the wind had come up. Based on what had happened that morning and the fact that I didn’t have anything warmer to wear that what I had on we decided to skip it. Elle, always the practical one, had brought one of her text books. We were able to find one of the comfortable chairs and I, initially, offered it to her. She said that I should sit in it and she’d sit on my lap. THAT... was a surprise... and I readily went for it. She ended up with her legs draped over one arm and her head resting on the other and her bottom on my lap. I was tempted to rest my hand on her thigh but resisted.

As tired as I was and with nothing interactive to occupy my mind, I fell asleep. It was something warm in my groin area that woke me up. Elle had also fallen asleep and was still sleeping when I realized what had happened. I shook her awake and she must’ve seen the look on my face because she asked what was wrong. She, honestly, had no idea. When I told her she said she was sorry and put her arms around me and kept repeating that she was sorry. Truthfully, had we not been in such a public place I would’ve loved it.

It was now after 3pm and it’d been just after noon when we’d settled in. Close to three hours had passed and that was definitely beyond Elle's “window” of time. Now the question was what to do. A quick look at Elle’s front showed no evidence of wetness. I knew that I was going to be wet both front and back. I did have a clean pair of pants upstairs so I told Elle I’d go change and then we’d go back to my room downtown to get dry clothes for her. She looked at me like I was crazy. She said that as wet as she was there was no way she was going to walk all that far as cold as it was outside. So, it was up to me to make a run downtown to get dry clothes for her.

Things were relatively quiet in the living area of the fraternity so I got up and made a dash for the stairs. I left Elle in the chair. Once upstairs I grabbed a clean pair of underpants and trousers and headed for the washroom. When I returned to Elle she again told me she was sorry. I hated to leave her there like that but didn't have a choice. Walking briskly, it was at least 15 minutes to my room. The whole way there I kept wishing that Elle’s wetting had happened somewhere I could’ve had some privacy. I felt that it was a missed opportunity.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Pantymaven said...

Just in case anyone cares, I'll be away for a couple of weeks. I'll post when I return.

badside said...

OK, have a good break! See ya soon.

oldblue said...

Well I certainly care as a faithful reader. Have a great time and be careful. I will be awaiting your return and your resuming the story of your young life.