Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL (and Elle)... (Part 36c)

All good things must come to an end and that was when it was time to get Elle back to the sorority. I couldn’t have scripted the evening better than it played out. Having the patience to just let things happen on their own worked out for the best. Neither of us wanted the evening to come to an end.

I still had the open invitation to stay at my college classmate Danny’s house as I had sometimes done in previous years. It sure was easier what with having a car. What had taken me over a half hour to walk took but a few minutes driving time. The ”catch“ had been that I never knew where I would end up sleeping... sofa, chair, or maybe sharing a bed. Having a car, and with the weather still warm, I could now fall back on sleeping in the car and that was a nice feeling.

Elle had classes on Saturday and had persuaded me to come over early in the morning to drive her up to the main campus. When I arrived I found her and her three roommates waiting. As a Junior and being a full ”sister“ in the sorority she was able to get a more personal room than the dormitory style room she had to endure the year before. She joined three of her previous roommates in a room for four. Nancy, Lois and Ellie (ironically, there had been two with the same name in the same room the previous year) had gotten along well together and were very sympathetic to Elle’s ”situation“. Lois had a few things to say to me about the dunking I’d given her the previous Spring at the sorority picnic. It was all in good fun though. But, as I was letting them into the car Elle asked if I could come back and look at Mrs M’s (the housemother) car. It wouldn’t start and since she knew I was involved in cars, said she’d ask. What could I say but ”yes“.

Only Seniors were allowed to have cars at Elle’s school. It worked out perfectly for the sorority as they only had 11 spaces and Mrs M had the prime one. It was out back by the carriage house and I was able to pull up beside it. I had a feeling that the battery needed charging as Mrs. M only used the car on the weekends. What got my attention was that, as I pulled in, I was looking right at the outside clothesline for the sorority... and there was a girl hanging up her panties. I sat there for a minute pretending to look for something on the front seat. I could see three pair and the one closest to me had lace around the leg openings. It was always a thrill to see a pair of panties and to know what the girl who wore them looked like. I took it all in.

I was right about Mrs M’s car... only it was worse than just needing a charge. For some reason the case had cracked and one of the three cells was dry. It was useless to try and fill it because she would have to buy a new battery anyway. There was another girl now hanging wash and I went over to her and asked if she could go get Mrs M. She put her basket down and headed back to the house. That left me standing right next to the clothesline and about four pair of cotton panties. One got my attention in that there were little blue flowers printed all over them. I’d never seen any like that before. I really wanted to go over and peek at the label but I didn’t have the nerve. I then went back to Mrs M’s car to wait for her.

When she appeared I told her about the problem and offered to get a new battery and to install it for her. She was very pleased with the offer and proceeded to give me more than enough money to buy a new one. As it turned out I won a whole lot of ”brownie points“ and it also filled my morning. When all was said and done she insisted in paying me for my efforts. I couldn’t give her a price so she stuffed some bills into my pocket. I was embarrassed. I asked her if I could go inside to wash my hands and she directed me to the basement. The door led into the room where the washing machines were and, as I’ve described before, the inside wash lines. There was no one there and within my line of sight there had to be at least a dozen pairs of panties. The temptation was incredible... but, somehow, I resisted. There was a tub like sink just inside the door and I went right to it. As I washed up I saw a small piece of cloth in one of the front corners. On a whim I picked it up and it was a pair of nylon panties. I finished washing my hands and then grabbed the panties and squeezed them tightly into my hand. I returned to my car and quickly stuffed them under the front seat. Elle returned right after I did that. It was a close call!

We’d agreed that she’d eat lunch at the sorority and sneak some food out to me. She didn’t have to. Mrs M made up a whole plate just for me. It was probably around 1pm when we left the sorority. I told Elle about my morning and getting paid for my efforts. I’d actually forgotten about it and it was Elle who ended up digging in my pockets to find out how much Mrs M had given me. I think it was $4 and the first thing Elle did was to suggest that we go back to Woolworth’s and buy a beach towel so we could go back to the barn where we’d been the day before and have a place to sit (?) down. I liked the idea!

Because Summer was over they had all the Summer related things on sale. I think we spent like a $1.50 for a beach towel. Elle said that it’s be a good idea to buy a few small towels ”just in case“. By the time we were done we'd spent the whole $4 and a little more as we each had an ice cream soda. We were both in a very good mood as we left, heading back to the abandoned barn.

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

I hope the panties don't come out from under the seat. That can be hard to explain.