Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FATHERHOOD... Learning to cope (Part 51e)

Once my parents left everything seemed to calm down and our life was able to get into somewhat of a routine. A second visit to the doctor told us that the baby was doing well. At the same time he addressed Elle’s ”problem“. He suggested that Elle had ”given up“ trying to hold her pee during the later stages of her pregnancy and got ”comfortable“ wearing ”protection“. Even though the condition had improved since the baby’s birth he felt that she could do much better and told her some things she could do to help it. One of the things he specifically told her was to go without ”protection“ whenever possible. His reasoning was that she would be more conscious of using the toilet and not the ”protection“. He made me promise to work with Elle on this and I said I would.

Elle seemed to be comfortable in her role as a mother and a housewife. However, her fear of wetting had kept her in and around the trailer. Being Summer, wearing plastic panties was very uncomfortable since they didn’t ”breath“. After the last visit to the doctor she’d started wearing just panties around the trailer feeling that if she did ”leak“ she could make it to the toilet without making a big mess. Usually it was a couple of her heavy cotton ones. I loved seeing her that way but I also wanted to see her in the fancy panties. She compromised by wearing a pair of them over the cotton ones. As I had mentioned she had it in her mind that there would be no sex until after she had her first period. So, on nights where I was home before she went to bed I would persuade her to straddle me and then pee a little through her panties. She would then lay on top of me and let me ”plug in“. That way I could satisfy my "need" while still holding her. It wasn’t great but at it was better than nothing.

Money was tight and whenever I was able to put a few dollars aside it seemed that we needed to buy something new for the baby. The first thing was a collapsible baby carriage. Once we got it I convinced Elle that she’d be able to go visit her new friends and have an easy way to take the baby. The trouble was that she was reluctant to do it without her ”protection“. I, like the doctor, had the idea it had become more in her mind than physical. I was finally able to get her to do a few trial runs where she wasn’t wearing ”protection“ and it went well. She hadn’t seen much of Jane, Clyde’s wife, whose trailer was down at the fairgrounds part of the track where Clyde’s and Harry’s horses were stabled. It was about a mile away and after a few days where she hadn’t had a problem when out walking with the baby in the carriage I convinced Elle to go visit her. It went well until she got back and when trying to get into the trailer couldn’t find the key. I saw her headed my way and was glad to see her as it was the first time she’d actually been over to the barn. She told me what was wrong and as I went to get my keys from the car I heard her cry out an ”Oh no!“. I looked back and saw her trying to hide behind the carriage with her hands in front of her crotch. On the one hand it excited me but on the other it upset me. As much as I enjoyed some parts of her wetting I didn’t like seeing her be embarrassed. When I got back to her I could see the puddle beneath her feet. I remember asking her how long it had been since she’d used a toilet and her answer was ”too long“.

I’d mentioned that my parents had given us three months of diaper service since we didn’t have a washing machine. That fact hadn’t been a problem when we lived at the trailer park where there was a washing machine within just a few steps. But at the track we had to go into town and then, usually, had to wait to get a free machine. Elle had been reluctant to do it because of the baby and also her ”problem“ so it became one of my chores. It was difficult for me to find the time but after few trips I decided that the best time was after 9pm. There didn’t seem to be much business then but even that was difficult for me. There was usually one night a week that my work at the races would be done by that time. It meant missing watching some of the races but it had to be done. I’m pretty sure it was still in July when I thought I’d hit the jackpot. I remember not being too happy about having to miss the last races of the night. Elle had separated the white clothes from the colored and I needed to put them into two separate machines. There were six machines and two had ”out of order“ signs on them. I only found one empty machine. Two were running but no one was there watching them. The other machine wasn’t running but there were clothes in it. There was an empty wash basket there and I started taking the clothes out. I’d only taken a few handfuls out when I realized there were panties mixed in. I wanted to stop to take a close look but knew that the owner of the clothes could walk in at any moment so kept unloading the machine. After I got my clothes in and the machine started I kept looking around trying to figure a way to get a look at those damp clothes without being seen. Because it was Summer and hot, both the front and rear doors were open. Even though it was possible to park on the street most people parked in the back. The lot was gravel and when someone pulled into the lot I could hear the sound of the wheels on the gravel. With that knowledge I took a deep breath and dug into that wash basket with a purpose.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

My heart beat quickened reading about your laundry basket diving!