Sunday, January 03, 2010

MARRIED... Spring(ing) into he future (Part 50h)

I’d forgotten about the clothes until the next morning when I left for Harry’s. I reminded Elle where they were and headed for work. When I got home they were hanging on our clothes line. That was the first time I thought about the panties but I couldn’t miss them, blowing in the breeze. Inside the trailer I asked Elle if she wanted me to get them off the line and, of course, she said yes. As i looked at the pants I could see that the wine stain had not come out. It was the same for the blouse. The panties were a very pale pink on the front but still mostly white on the back. When I saw the back I knew I’d never seen panties like this before. I’d bought Elle panties that were somewhat like them in that the crotch wasn’t rounded but had a diamond shape to them Mary Elizabeth’s had a diamond shape in the back that went all the way to the waistband. It was double material all the way up. I was really excited to see something so different. I didn’t want Elle to see me looking at the panties so ducked behind the trailer so i could see the maker. The label read “Be Free”. They were a size six, a size larger than what Elle wore before the pregnancy. I immediately started thinking of some way to be able to hold onto these panties.

After we ate Elle called Mary Elizabeth to find out how she made out getting into the sorority and to tell her we had her clothes. She told Elle that Mrs M, the housemother, knew something was up but hadn’t said anything yet. As far as the clothes she told Elle to just throw them away; that she didn’t want to explain how they got stained to her mother when she got home. Elle proceeded to put them into the trash and I made a special note to myself to remove them when I put the trash outside. I was smiling with that decision. The panties made it into my “stash” the next day.

There was just a little over two weeks of classes left and only a week until some of AJ’s horses shipped into the racetrack. I wanted to see just what the caliber of the horses in the stable was even though I wouldn’t be able to really work with them until classes were over. I was also anxious to get started on my career with them.

I managed to finish my paper for my seminar early and turned it in. The professor was so impressed that he decided to grade it right away. That was when I got one of the biggest surprises of my college career. I got an A+ on it and was told I didn’t need to attend the last two classes or take the final exam... and that I had an A for the course. That news took some of the pressure off me as far as my GPA in both my major as well as the overall average was concerned. At that point I was almost positive that I had a B in the “Hook’s” contemporary literature course due to my “discovery” of the plagiarism in An American Tragedy. I also felt confident that I would achieve a B with Dr F more because of my help with the educable program than my classwork or test scores. I had a solid C in one of the other Economics courses I was taking but it was the other one that was the key to me graduating or not.

Due to the efforts of the guy who really was the best student in the whole Economics program the head of the department convened a meeting with the whole class and the instructor. Our biggest complaint was that we really couldn’t understand what our Chinese instructor was saying in class and when he created tests using that material we were at a big disadvantage. He was quite upset, especially when the head of the department told him that the final exam had to only come from material in the text book. It gave me some “breathing room” but nothing was mentioned about the class averages we were all carrying. All I could do was hope.

Elle’s and my exam schedule covered the same days but my last exam, the dreaded one, was on Wednesday, May 27th and hers was on that Friday. With my schedule I had been able to “steal” some time at the track. Elle didn’t really like it other than the fact that I was making some money. I had to leave earlier in the morning and, depending on what races AJ’s horses were in, getting home later at night. Even though the baby wasn’t due until the end of the first week in June and she wasn’t having any problems she just wanted me to be around.

The promise had been that once I graduated I could drive in a race. AJ was holding to it and wouldn’t put my name down until it was known that I would. The pressure was on me from all sides. I walked out of that exam feeling less than confident. AJ had horses racing that night so I headed for the track. He asked how I did and I told him I really didn’t know. He reminded me that my driving career wouldn’t start until I had my diploma. We had all been told that the results would be posted that Friday morning so I was really sweating it by then!

Since the baby was due the weekend after exams were over our plan had been to not move the trailer to the track until after the birth. We’d prepaid the doctor through the birth so it made sense. The move was going to be rough no matter what but I felt we had no choice but to wait even though it made it rough on me commuting about one hour and a half each way. On that fateful Friday morning I left the trailer around 7am. Elle was studying for her last exam when I left. I got to school around 8am and saw the Chinese instructor posting something on his office door. I ran up to it, literally holding my breath. I scanned down to my name and saw “Exam score 72. Class grade D. Even though the office was on the second floor people on the first floor could’ve heard my scream. I was going to graduate!

By the time I got to a pay phone to call Elle it was 8:30am. Her exam was at 9am so when she didn’t answer I figured she’d already left. I headed straight for the track to tell AJ and caught him just as he was headed up to the track office with Tuesday’s entries. As soon as I told him he took one of the entry forms and inserted my name in as the driver. As excited as I was about knowing that I would get my diploma I was actually more excited about that... my first race.

I then took one of the horses out on the track to go a training trip with him and while on the track I could hear the loudspeaker call my name for a phone call. It was about 20 or so minutes before I could get to the office. I seldom got phone calls and had no idea who it might be. I didn’t recognize the number when I dialed it and was even more confused when I didn’t recognize the voice on the other end of the line. ”Congratulations Daddy!“ was what I heard. My immediate thought was that it was a mistake since it was over a week to go to Elle’s due date. But it wasn’t. At 10:05am Elle gave birth to an 8lb 8oz baby girl. and both mother and daughter were doing well.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day! I guess that's winning the Trifecta! ;^)

-Badside

oldblue said...

Congrats. Hope you don't catch it for missing the big moment.

Pantymaven said...

It was an AMAZING day!