Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WORKING... and the reality of it (Part 52i)

I had a plan all worked out in my mind for Tuesday night. I couldn't wait to finish up my race track duties so I could put it into action. I'd asked Andy when Carol was going to finish up at the hospital and he'd volunteered that Tuesday night into Wednesday morning would be the last. That worked perfectly for me. As I'd gotten into the habit of doing I walked down past the cook house and blacksmith shop and then down the road where the trailers were parked. I slowed as I got to Andy's trailer and, finally, saw clothes on the line out behind it. My heart was pounding and it wasn't anywhere near the time I was planning to check the line up close and personal. I knew Carol usually left a little after 11pm. I still had chores to do at the barn and I was going to wait there until the lights on the track went out and then take another walk. Once there I had to make a choice as to which route I took to the back of the trailers. I could continue walking straight past the cook house and out into the field just as the grooms would do when "grassing" their horses. The problem with that was I would have to walk behind a few trailers and, as I'd discovered, sometimes people would sit out back at night. The other choice, much bolder, was to walk to the back by walking down along side Andy's trailer. I was almost ready to flip a coin but I decided on the latter path. Fortunately, the people in the trailer on the other side were asleep (at least the lights were out). When I reached the clothes line I almost couldn't believe my eyes. All four lines were almost filled. The first lines held sheets and pillow cases. The back two had all kinds of clothes on them. There was no doubt that they belonged to Carol (and Andy) as her uniforms were there as well. All like items were grouped together...all Andy's shirts... his trousers... his undershirts... his boxer shorts. All Carol's uniforms... her shorts... her blouses... her bras... and most important (to me), her panties. I think I stood there taking it all in for maybe 30 seconds. It was then I headed for the panties. My memory says there were at least a dozen pair if not more. I took the two pair at the end of the line and retraced my tracks. I could've stayed out in the back to get back to my trailer but with the dew in the grass my path could've been traced so I walked back to the road. When I reached it I looked both ways and saw some activity down towards my trailer so I headed back up past the cook house to the main road through the barn area. I was almost back to the barn when I saw headlights behind me. I couldn't believe it. So close to the barn and now there was someone behind me. Of all people it was the night watchman.

I don't know where it came from but when he stopped and asked if everything was OK I came up with the fact that I was looking for one of AJ's dogs. He then told me to jump in with him and we'd take a tour of the barn area to see if we could find him. I breathed a big sigh of relief although the damp panties were in my pocket and I could feel the wetness seeping through. It took about a half hour to make a full round and, of course, there was no sign of the dog. He left me off at the barn and I thanked him. Now my problem was what to do with the panties and, if Elle were up when I walked in, to explain why I was so late and also the wet spots on my pants.

I ditched the panties behind the steps into the trailer. That was the easy part. Elle was up and feeding the baby but with the lights out. When she saw the door open she turned on the light. I was already feeling guilty so I was like a deer in the headlights. She probably said something along the lines of ”Where have you been? It’s almost 1am.“ Worried about the wet spots on the front of my pants I just made a dash for the bathroom. She followed me in and luckily I was facing the toilet as if I were getting ready to use it. She turned and walked back into the living room. I knew she expected me to follow her but I went into the bedroom shedding my pants in the process. I knew that by ignoring her I’d made her mad but was willing to take the ”heat“ in exchange for her not seeing the wet spots on my pants. I don’t remember the conversation but it was obvious that she wasn’t happy with my excuse for being so late. As I remember it there were a few ”cool“ days in our relationship that followed.

To be continued...

No comments: