Sunday, March 14, 2010

WORKING... and the reality of it (Part 52j)

It took a few days until I was able to fetch Carol’s panties. It was during the day and Elle was walking the baby. It gave me a good chance to fully inspect them and I found they were another brand that I’d never seen before... Sylray and the tag read Acetate. They felt like nylon and I was puzzled. I checked out the crotch and, although a little stained, they were not nearly as stained as the other pair that I had of Carol’s that were made of nylon. I didn’t have an answer so retrieved my ”stash“ box and added them to it. I was tempted to go through it and, wisely, elected not to as Elle was approaching.

Things turned a lot brighter when Harry showed up with his boat. Elle was so looking forward to getting to some water and a beach that she took her focus off of being mad at me. If there was one negative to our upcoming trip it was that she didn’t have a bathing suit. As much as I wanted to make her happy there was no way I could afford to let her go buy one as we were saving every penny we could for our move to New Hampshire. When Sunday came I persuaded her that she could swim in her clothes if she really wanted to swim. Not entirely satisfied she picked out her oldest shorts and a dark plaid short sleeve top to wear.

The boat was about 16 feet in length with about a 50 horsepower outboard. Harry had been right as it was easy to navigate the launch ramp. The problem was in getting the motor to start. I’d never operated one this powerful or made by this manufacturer. A boy, about 15 or so, seeing me struggle came over and flicked a few gizmos and started it right up. Elle wouldn’t let me open it up to full speed because of the baby but we still had some fun. Elle wanted to walk in the sand so we went in to the beach and had a bit of a picnic. I held the baby as I watched Elle walk out into the water up to her knees. After a few seconds I could see a stream of pee coming from her crotch and splashing into the water underneath her. I got an instant bulge. I was hoping she’d walk back up to where we were just like that but I watched as she waded further out into the water. I was disappointed until she returned. She’d chosen a pair of faded purple shorts and they were pasted to her body clearly outlining her panties. As I’d mentioned before, she’d taken to wearing a pair of cotton panties with a pair of nylon ones over them and, when she turned her back on me to pick up a towel I could readily see the outline of both of the panties. I was hard as a rock.

We stayed there for quite a while as Elle thought there was too much air blowing on the baby when we were riding around in the boat. There is one memory about that time and that is it was the first time that either of us had ever seen a female wearing a bikini bathing suit. There was a popular song on the radio at the time about an ”itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini“. At the track we were pretty much insulated from what was going on in the rest of the world. We seldom watched TV and only occasionally got to see a newspaper so the sight of it was quite revealing. I remember Elle saying that she’d never wear one. All in all, it was a good day for us. The baby got more sun that she should’ve but that was the worst part. Elle was clearly over her "mad" at me which made my life a lot easier.

Elle got a letter from her brother telling her that he'd been released from the Army earlier than expected and he was coming up to see her and the baby. It was a bit of a shock to the both of us. He said he was bringing her mother with him and the timing couldn't have been worse. I was already worried about the move to New Hampshire as it would be the first trip with the baby. I had to wait to leave with the horses and was expected to be there when they arrived. I didn't know how we'd be able to do it but I didn't have a choice. As we struggled with the logistics I came up with an idea. It was to have her brother drive Elle and the baby home and that way I could do what I had to do with the horses as well as find us a place to stay. Then Elle would get her brother to drive her to the city where he was planning to live and let her take a train to Boston where I'd pick her up. Neither of us were crazy about the idea but we decided that's what we'd do.

I got to drive in two more races before we shipping out for New Hampshire. One was for Harry and it was at that time that he made me agree to accept the crib as "pay" for driving the horse. It was hard in that I fully recognized how much he’d helped me (us) in so many ways and I felt a bit guilty. Actually, if I had money I would've paid him to let me drive. I didn’t do well in either race and after the last one I found myself questioning my ability. The only credit I gave to myself was that I was a whole lot better than the two owners who had fancied themselves as drivers. I, at least, had finished ”in the money“ (first, second or third) in four out of the twelve races I’d competed in. Between the two of them they had only two in sixteen races. But, in spite of that I still liked the work I was doing although I was almost starving in the process. With the move to New Hampshire I was going to have to find a place for us to stay and, after a Summer of free rent, pay for it. As we packed up to leave I hoped I had enough money to cover the cost of the gas, food and for a deposit on a place for us to rent. If I’d learned anything that Summer it was that working when you HAD to work was a lot different than when it was somewhat for fun.

To be continued...

3 comments:

badside said...

Sounds like Elle was maybe putting on a little show for you at the beach since she could have just gone in the water a little deeper and you would have been none the wiser.

oldblue said...

Risky stealing off a line, as most women know what and how many they have.
I don't suppose anyone ever told you nobody ever gets rich racing horses. I assume that's why they callit the sport of kings.

Pantymaven said...

BS... you're part way right. The sensation of the water triggered it and, knowing I was watching, she proceeded to pee so I could see her and then dipped her butt in the water.

OB... as far as the panties I had waited until the last day (night) she was going to be there figuring there was no way she'd know who did it. And, as far as "The Sport of Kings" goes, I remember one owner making the comment that the best way to make a small fortune was to start with a large one. :-)