Thursday, May 06, 2010

HARD TIMES... change, not for the better (Part 55d)

When the train arrived I could see that Elle was very tired and I was worried about her. Even though it was only about a half hour to the apartment she fell asleep on the way. She was apprehensive about meeting Eugene and Faith and worried about her wetting. Faith was waiting and had made a light supper for all of us. As Eugene and I left for the track it appeared that her fears were unfounded as the girls were getting along well. It was certainly way better than AJ and I were.

AJ and the owner were to leave for Lexington on Sunday. I met Hank, his driver friend on that Saturday night. He seemed like a nice guy and vowed to myself not to give him a hard time the following week. We already knew which horses were entered through the next Wednesday and one of them was the two year old that I’d been training and racing. I managed to sum up the courage to ask AJ if I could at least drive him and he just shook his head ”no“.

The girls spent all Saturday at the beach which was only a few blocks away. The weather had co-operated and was promising to do the same for Sunday. For Sunday they had decided that it would be fun for all of us to go down to the boardwalk. In spite of my memorable introduction to Faith (in just her full slip) and a few ”near misses“, I hadn’t really gotten any good views of her panties. The day turned out to be unseasonably warm and she ended up wearing a pair of light blue shorts. When we were about to leave the apartment she bent down to pick up the baby and I know Elle caught me staring at her bottom. It was a fantastic VPL (visible panty line) that caught me by surprise. I had a hard time not looking in that area as we walked down the street. Elle caught me another time and gave me a good smack in the arm.

We had a good time playing some of the games and then ended up on the beach. Their baby just loved the sand. I was thankful we ended up there because it gave me a chance to actually see Faith’s panties from a different perspective. Sitting in the sand she would change her leg positions as she tried to corral the baby. The best view was when she ended up lying on her back with her legs up. I got to see her actual panties and all the way up to the crotch line. Thankfully, both Elle and Eugene were not in position to see what I was able to see. One thing it reminded me was that in the week I’d lived with Eugene and Faith I’d never been in the apartment alone. I made a note to myself to work on that.

There was no way for me to take Elle to the train station on Monday morning and I had to get a taxi to take her. She wasn’t very happy about it and neither was I, but for a different reason. The cost of the cab was going to take just about all the cash I had for the week. But, all in all, I was glad that she’d come up to visit.

I’d mentioned the horse Crestwyn earlier and how Eddie and I had felt that the cause for his disappointing performance was AJ. We felt that AJ had some sort of fear of the horse and because of it was reluctant to drive him aggressively in the races. Horses are not the dumb animals that most people think they are. We felt that Crestwyn, knowing he wasn’t going to have to race hard, had become lazy. Eddie and I had come up with a ”plan” and I’d been looking forward for a chance to drive him so that I could put our ”plan“ to work. But it was Hank who was going to race him so we had to rethink our ”plan“.

Eddie was sure that in the five years that AJ had been racing him that Crestwyn had never been really hit with a whip. A light ”tap“ was all that Eddie could remember. On race night, prior to the actual race, each horse makes three separate warm up miles spaced out over about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The first mile is usually done in about 3 minutes with the second about 2 minutes and 35 seconds. The last warm up mile before racing is usually done in about 2 minutes and 20 seconds with the last quarter mile done just a little bit faster than the other quarters. Even with Hank doing the race driving I was still to do the first two warm ups. When I turned him to start the first of the warm ups I hit him with my whip on his rump as hard as could. O H M Y G O D ! ! ! It was as if he’d been hit with a bolt of lightning. All I could do was hold on trying to steer him from hitting other horses on the track. When the mile was over he’d done it in about 2 minutes, 30 seconds with me trying to hold him back as best I could. He’d gone faster than he should’ve gone for even his second mile. When I got him back to the paddock Eddie was laughing. It was obvious that I’d gotten Crestwyn’s attention. Eddie and I decided that we’d go with only two warm up trips. I had to find Hank to tell him when the next trip was to be. We only told him that it seemed like Crestwyn had ”a burr under his saddle“ as he was really ”fired up“. When Hank returned he told Eddie that the horse was ”a handful“. Eddie and I looked at each other trying not to laugh. When Hank left the paddock for the race I told him that he should give him a good swat just as the starting gate pulled away because he had a lazy streak once the race started. Hank looked at me with a puzzled look but didn’t say anything.

Eddie had given me $10 to bet on Crestwyn to win. I wanted to watch the race from the grandstands so I could see the whole thing. The paddock was located on the fourth turn and since it was a mile track you couldn’t see the other turns or the finish line. As I jogged over to make the bet I was debating with myself weather to bet any money myself. I had a $10 bill hidden in my wallet for emergencies and as I waited to place Eddies bet I pulled it out... and began to worry.

To be continued...

No comments: