Thursday, June 10, 2010

FROM BAD TO WORSE... life in Hades (Part 56f)

As the snow stopped it became very cold. I don’t remember how cold it actually got but the water line into the trailer froze. I caught it before the line broke but I remember lying on the frozen ground under the trailer with an old fashioned blow torch worried that I might end up burning the trailer down. When I got back inside it took me quite a while to get warm. When I climbed into bed Elle wouldn’t let me get close to her because my body was still ”radiating cold“.

Once the county cleared the roads Bert was able to make it to the farm. An accomplished welder, he fashioned a plow by cutting up an old water tank and welding it to the tractor. Dan was able to make a path around the track so we were able to get the horses outside and moving. We finished up right at dark and after getting a bite to eat we were off to grade potatoes... until after midnight. Elle desperately needed food for the baby and was quite upset when I got back. I didn’t have an answer for her. The next morning I got up around 4am to dig out the car so she could go downtown. When I had a path made I went to start the car but nothing happened. I lifted the hood and saw nothing but snow, packed into every nook and cranny under the hood. The fan couldn’t move because of the packed snow so that was the reason. I told her she’d have to wait until later. I asked Dan about borrowing his pick up and he said I’d have to wait until he got back, not telling me where he was going or how long he’d be. Remembering Jeanne’s offer to Elle about getting her to help if Dan got too difficult to deal with I told her to run up to the house. It solved the immediate problem but created a new one for me. I was now on Dan’s shit list, for sure.

It didn’t come to light until after most of the snow melted. We’d gone through almost all the hay we had in the barn. I’d been making one trip a week to the farm where Dan had made some sort of ”deal“ to get both hay and straw from this one source but the farmer found someone who was willing to pay more. This so infuriated Dan that he went looking for another source. We were located on the fringe of the Amish country and Dan had found he could make some ”deals“ that were very favorable to him on any number of things. He went out and found this Amish farmer who was willing to sell his hay if Dan would buy the whole barn full. I remember Dan making a gloating comment about how he could turn around and sell it at twice what he paid for it. But, we needed it. That’s where I came in. After finishing up with the horses I had to hitch up the two horse trailer to his pick up and drive 40 miles to get the hay. Dan was aware of my bad back so he also negotiated a deal with the farmer to have his sons load me up. The problem with that was that I had to wait until they got their regular farm chores done and sometimes that meant they wouldn’t start with me until after it was dark. I’d made a number of trips (one a day) when, on this particular night, it was almost 8pm when I finally left to return to the farm. I had to drive right through the center of the nearby town and, because it was so late, I just had to get something to eat. The town had set their parking up so you drove in at an angle which made it difficult for me with the trailer. I found a gas station the was closed for the night and pulled in and walked back to this little luncheonette that was located next to the movie theater. After eating and walking on my way back to the truck I saw something in this store window that caught my attention... panties displayed on a half manequin. I made note of the location of the store so that on my next trip I’d be able to stop and take a good look at them.

I think that was my total focus on the next trip. I came through town around 4pm and, with difficulty, found a place to park. I remember walking into the store and thinking back to when I would buy the Carter’s Spanky Pants for Elle at the little dress store in my grandparents town many years before. It was very similar in what they offered. If it hadn’t been for the manequin in the window I would never have known they sold panties. The lady, probably in her 60’s, was nice and although it was obvious that she was curious as to why a man would be buying panties, she didn’t make me feel uncomfortable. I asked to see the panties in the window and she brought out a wooden drawer. She asked about size and, although Elle was working on loosing weight, I asked to see size 6. They were nylon and plain with no lace or any other embellishments. What caught my attention was the feel of the material. It was so satiny soft that I actually started a bulge right there. There was a tag attached to the waist elastic that read ”Narcissa“, the name of the material. I also liked the width of the crotch. That reminded me of the heavy cotton Nazareth panties that Elle used in her ”package“. The name on the label read ”Plymouth“ and I also noticed there was a little tab over where the waist elastic was bound together. I'd never seen that done before. When I asked the price I know I was a bit shocked when she said 69 cents. With the way they were made and the luxurious feel of them I figured that they would be at least $1.00 a pair. Not wanting to put myself short of cash I figured three pair would be enough to find out if both Elle and I liked them. I knew I’d be coming through town many, many more times. As I walked out I couldn’t wait to get home.

To be continued...

No comments: