Thursday, November 04, 2010

SETTLED... at least I thought so (Part 63e)

Of course the whole neighborhood was there to see what was going on. When Lola showed back up she was devastated, especially with her husband away. She’d taken the kids to the drive in movies as they were restless without their father around. Mac and I walked her through the trailer and there was no way she was going to be able to stay there. Elise, Mac’s wife, offered to take Lola’s oldest for the night since he was friends with both of her kids. Elle offered our sofa bed to Lola and her youngest boy. She’d tried to take some clothes from the trailer for her and her boys but they just smelled terrible.

It was around 2am when we all finally went to bed. Being late September it had cooled off quite a bit. We only had one blanket for the sofa bed so I left the heat up. When it turned light, as tired as I was I knew I had to get up and go to work. I took my work clothes and headed through the living room to the bathroom. I noted the sleeping Lola and her son as I did. When I came back out it was a sight to behold. She had rolled over and her backside was exposed. There wasn't enough light to determine color but I could see the crotch line. I only stood there for a few seconds and then headed out the door. I was now very much awake!

When I came home for lunch I saw clothes that I didn’t recognize on our wash line. Elle explained that Lola had been able to get some of the people who were scheduled to use the washing machines at the meeting hall to let her wash her smoke smelling clothes. Lola and her son were gone. She’d been able to get in touch with her husband who was flying home and she was on her way to the airport to pick him up. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and to use the toilet and saw the wooden clothes rack that usually held Elle's panties filled with a bunch of multicolored nylon panties, plus bras and slips on it. They definitely weren't Elle's. Some were even hanging from the faucet handles and over the shower curtain rod. I wanted to reach over and to inspect some of them so badly but I didn’t dare. Elle was making lunch in the kitchen which was right on the other side of the bathroom and I was afraid she might walk in on me. But I was tempted.

That afternoon I was working on some of the new pads on the back road of the park when I saw Elle walking past with the baby. If it was nice out she’d often go for a walk around the park on her way to the cluster mailboxes which were out by the main road. As she walked away I realized it would probably take her 15 minutes to get back to the trailer. I took off on a dead run to get back there and headed straight for the bathroom. The first three panties I touched were made by Kayser with the tube elastic around the waist. A quality panty for sure. They were all pale pastel colors with lace cutouts. But it was two pair of white panties that caught my attention. They weren’t fancy with lace appliques or lace cut outs but they had a leg opening treatment like I’d never seen before. They had regular elastic but attached was this sheer, maybe 3/8 wide, tube of nylon that gave the appearance of lace because it was somewhat puckered. I really wanted to take one of them but with her living so close by and possibly staying there again that night I didn’t dare. I’d taken more time than I’d planned so I carefully hung them back up and quickly returned to work. I had to carefully cover my bulge though.

They didn’t stay with us that night. Tom had gotten in touch with their insurance company and they had authorized them to stay at the local motel while the trailer was being thoroughly cleaned. I went to sleep that night thinking about Lola’s panties and happy that I’d had the opportunity to give some a good inspection.

The following week was the week before I had to go to the city for the exam. It was a blur to me. I do remember going down to my parents house and trying to find my old Accounting text book so I could do a little review. I wanted no part of driving into the heart of the city so planned on taking the train. There were only two trains to the city; one at around 6am and another around 2:30pm. Since the exam was at 10am I had to take the early one. I couldn't sleep and was up and ready around 4am. The trip took almost 3 hours and got me into the city with little time to spare.

Mrs K was right. The exam was nothing to worry about although I wasn’t sure about one section. I was done well before the two hour time limit. Before leaving, my grandfather had given me money for the train and for lunch. I’d been to an Automat (It was a precursor to fast food in that you looked at your choices through a little window in a small door and then put in coins, opened the door and took your food) once when I was in my early teens and decided I’d try to find one. There were just two trains a day that headed back with the first leaving around 9:30am and the other at 4:30pm. I had over four hours to kill and after eating decided to go to Macy’s, the worlds biggest department store (at least at that period in time) to look around. It had eight floors and took up most, if not all, of a whole city block. There was certainly one area that I really wanted to visit... the lingerie department.

I can tell you that I saw more panties, girdles, bras and slips right there than I’d seen, cumulatively, in my life. There were tables filled with them. They were displayed on stands that sat on display counters. They were under the glass of the display counters. I will tell you that I was a tad overwhelmed. I had to leave for a while. Later, I actually got lost in the store trying to find my way back.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Lola in her panties must have been exhilarating, then getting to inspect her panties later...WOW! I can imagine you must have been in panty heaven in Macy's!

-Badside