Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE NEW YEAR... changes ahead (Part 78b)

We were in bed ten minutes after the kids were. If there was one thing that annoyed me in our love making it was the interruption for Elle to put her diaphragm in. We were both so “wound up” that she didn’t do it and it wasn’t until a bit later that I realized it. We had both fallen asleep right after and it was Elle that woke up first. She hadn’t wet the bed so it meant we hadn’t been asleep all that long. Normally she’d get washed up and put a “package” on to sleep in but all she did was to put on a pair of heavy cotton panties. When she climbed back in bed she wanted to talk. That was definitely not a normal thing for Elle after sex.

After Lance and Judy had visited on Christmas with their baby, Elle had started thinking about adding to our family but hadn’t said anything. Then, a few days later, she got a call from Carol (of Buddy and Carol) telling her that she’d just had her baby, a son. It wasn’t like she brought the subject up “out of the blue” on me but I’d kind of sloughed her off in the past. Financially we were holding our own but I really wanted to have some money in the bank before an “addition”. Elle’s point was that our “baby” was now over two years old and there would be a three year gap in age if she got pregnant right now. She really didn’t want to have too much of an age difference if we were going to have another child. When I finally agreed with her, and even with all this time to reflect back to that period of time, I don’t think I put a lot of thought into it. What I remember thinking, though, was that our love making would be a lot better without the dreaded “interruption” and that was going to be a good thing.

We spent New Year’s afternoon with Elle’s parents and had a big dinner with them. They wanted us to leave the kids for the night since they hadn’t seen much of them since the Summer. We agreed even though we hadn’t brought their sleep things with us. I knew it was going to be another good night at home as soon as we got in the car. Elle, as usual, used the bathroom right before we left the house. When I got into the car Elle had her skirt up around her waist. With an “invitation” like that I couldn’t pass up a good “feel“ and was very happy to find very wet and warm panties. Needless to say we pretty much reprised the previous evening when we got home (and without the ”interruption“). Then, without the kids in the morning, we enjoyed a a little ”morning delight“ which led to me being to work a little late.

Upon arriving I was greeted with the news that Rena had been seriously injured in an auto accident. No one had any ”real“ information but we were all pretty subdued as we went about out work. Just before 5pm her boss, the Director of Purchasing, came in to tell us that she had arm, shoulder and hip injuries but was not in any real danger but that it would be a long recovery for her. He promised to keep us posted on her progress. I remember us all feeling really sad at the news as we’d accepted her into our work area even though she wasn’t an actual employee of our department.

At home, Elle was waiting for me with what she thought would be a surprise. However, it didn’t ”move“ me. Even though I’d known people who had been hurt in auto accidents none were as close as Rena was. I didn’t go into detail with Elle and just left it that someone I worked with had been seriously hurt. By the time we went to bed, though, I was a bit more responsive to her advances and was somewhat able to please her.

It was Friday before we were able to get the details on what had happened. She had worked the New Years eve party at the restaurant where she worked on weekends. She was leaving the parking lot on her way home and was waiting to pull out onto the road. A woman (who was later determined to be drunk) sideswiped a car going in the opposite direction and careened off it and right into the drivers side door of Rena’s car. Jay and I had tracked down where her wrecked car had been towed and we were both shocked to see the damage. The door had been pushed all the way in so that the window ledge was against the steering wheel. Even though seat belts were now being installed in new cars hers was an older model so she wasn’t wearing one. Jay made the comment that if she had she might’ve been killed. Without the belts she was actually thrown over towards the passenger side of the car upon impact thus avoiding being crushed.

Her injuries were all on her left side. Initially they thought her shoulder was broken but it was just severely dislocated. Her left arm and wrist were broken and she had some broken ribs. Her hip had a deep bruise but there were no broken bones. Her left ankle was also severely bruised. Her head had hit the door window which left her with a concussion and facial bruising from the blow. It appeared that it wasn’t as bad as the first reports had indicated. Her boss, when giving us the report of her condition, said that she would be able to have visitors that night and would be going home on Monday. My first thought was that I could see her when I took my grandfather to the hospital to see my grandmother on Sunday. However, even though I knew it was something I should do I wasn’t looking forward to seeing the ”damaged“ Rena.

To be continued...

No comments: