Sunday, August 28, 2011

THE NEW YEAR... changes ahead (Part 78d)

Alice had never given Elle a firm date for her to leave but one morning as I was leaving for work I found a small cardboard box on the top step. Elle’s name was written in crayon across the top. I took it inside and headed off. That night, after eating, Elle asked if I’d like a fashion show. Just about every time Elle put on a fashion show it meant I’d get to see her in her panties so I was all for it. She retrieved the box and dropped the slacks she was wearing to the floor. She could’ve stopped right there. But, she reached into the box and pulled out a short, pleated skirt. As she pulled it up I could see some very vivid colors (blue, red, green and yellow) under the pleats. It was obviously a tennis skirt... and short. I told her I approved. Then she pulled a pair of panties out of the box and she held them up for me to see. There was lace around the leg openings and ruffles across the seat. When she pulled them on it was really a sight to see. As she paraded across the floor I could see the leg opening lace of the panties. It actually made me think there might be something to playing tennis.

There were two other tennis outfits in the box. They had been Alice’s from before she’d been pregnant, She’d hoped to get back to her pre-pregnancy weight and size but it hadn’t happened. As she packed her things she thought of Elle. I was glad she did.

When it was Lucy’s turn for training she brought in a change of clothes so she could just drive from work right to the training site. I’d been impressed that one day she’d come in to help out and was dressed in a pair of slacks and a sweater. I’d also noticed that I saw a rather strange VPL. When she stepped out of the storage room after changing I was looking for a a similar line around mid buttocks. I remember that her slacks were a light camel color, light enough for me to see any “indentations”. What I had to do was hope that she’d do something requiring her to bend over. She hung around, chatting, for maybe five minutes. As she grabbed her coat her pocketbook fell off the table, spilling some of the contents. She squatted down to pick the stuff up and I was sure that I wasn’t going to get my wish. But, just as she stuffed the items into the bag she noticed something else that had skittered under a chair. For this she just bent over to get it. Bingo! There it was again. I also got a small crotch line VPL which was what I’d initially looked for the first time I saw her in slacks. I didn’t really like it but it was the same as the first time.

At work I often thought about Reba. As I mentioned earlier she had almost become a fixture in the DP area. I’d been to where she lived that one time and wondered how anybody could live in a basement and without windows. In Rena’s case I wondered how she got down the steps and into it what with her injuries. I knew her home circumstances weren’t all that good and also wondered how she would be cared for. I convinced Jay and Jo to go over with me one day at lunch. I went down the steps first and knocked on the door a couple of times. I was almost ready to go back up to where Jay and Jo were waiting when I heard the door open. The first thing I saw was that her eyes were no longer blackened which certainly made her look better that the last time I’d seen her. I was greeted with a big smile but it was quickly erased. I could see her eyes looking up the steps. She then turned them back to me and asked if I could come back at another time. I said I could but as I went back up to where the others were waiting I wondered why her mood had changed so quickly. I told them she wasn’t prepared to have visitors and said that we probably should’ve called first. I made a note to myself to call her in a few days.

Judy and her baby left on the first of February. I remember the date because we had a real beaut of a storm that day. We lost electricity and couldn’t process the month end reports. By the time I got home the trailer had cooled off to the point that Elle had the kids in their snow suits and she was wearing her heavy coat. It was one of those combo storms... snow, sleet and freezing rain. I hadn’t had a problem driving and suggested that we might be better off going to my parents house as they had a generator for lights and the big fireplace for heat. We packed up the stuff for the kids and headed out. It was a little slick but I took my time. We really surprised my parents as the phone lines were down as well and they had no idea we were coming. For some reason we were surprised that Elle’s parents were there. It turned out to be a fun night until it was time to go to bed. Elle had packed all the kids things but didn’t pack her “supplies”. I guess it was my fixation with panties that made me think that, possibly, Elle still had some of her “ratty” panties over at her house. The last time I was there I’d looked into her room and it was still the same as when she last lived there.

I got Elle aside and asked her. She said she wasn’t sure if her mother had thrown them out but she thought there just might be the pair of plastic “bloomers” I’d bought her that she wouldn’t wear. I told her I’d go over and check. When I stepped outside everything was coated with ice. I don’t know how many times I fell but it was worth it as there was a whole pile of the Spanky pants that she’d worn with her period in the top drawer. I had to go through all her drawers to find the plastic panties. She’d stuffed them in with a bunch of old sweaters. Typical Elle.

To be continued...

No comments: