Saturday, February 14, 2015

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128k)

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128k)

The news left both of us in a less than “amorous” mood so there was no chance for any panty play. Under the circumstances, Ginger, reluctantly, did agree to take Kaye for the next day although it presented a bit of a problem for her. She told Elle she’d call in the morning with last minute instructions. I suppose I could’ve taken the day off to do it but with all the items that pertained to me at the Board meeting I felt I needed to go in plus Hobie’s frustration after the meeting had me bothered.

On the days that Ginger babysat Kaye, Elle would deliver her to the house on her way to work but when Ginger called the next morning she asked if it could be a little later. That meant I would have to do it. It wasn’t really a problem for me but sometimes Kaye could be a “cling-on” and not want to be left off. Elle was a “pro” in handling such situations and I wasn’t.

I arrived at Ginger’s around 8:30am and when I knocked on the front door no one answered. I could hear crying from inside and finally the door was opened by Ginger’s 4 year old. I could see Ginger sitting on the floor leaning up against a sofa holding on to her crying 2 year old. She had her legs out in front of her with her daughter standing between them. I remember seeing a lot of skin on her legs which told me she had on a skirt or robe of some sort. As I spoke the crying daughter turned towards me and then bolted for the hallway. That left Ginger sitting there with her uncovered legs straight out exposing a bit of her panties. She then turned her upper body towards the direction her daughter had headed and when she did her right leg raised up a bit now showing a good bit of the panty crotch. It all happened so quickly I couldn’t ascertain if she was wearing a pair of the “dribble panties” Elle and I’d made for her but it didn’t really matter. As I’ve said before, Ginger was fairly consistent in giving me unintended panty peeks. I actually got a really good, but short, view as she stood up to retrieve her daughter. With Kaye clinging to my leg I really didn't get enjoy the moment(s).

After extracting my leg from Kaye’s grasp I headed off to work. I remember being a bit late. Hobie was waiting for me and started in by saying that the contract for servicing our accounts had been tabled once again. Before I could start in on that he went on to say that the only thing the Board had acted upon was in choosing the gifts for the new account campaign that it appeared we’d be holding in the next “busy period” at the end of June. I knew of the three that the committee had chosen and just assumed they were the ones approved. I could see Hobie was a bit agitated when he was telling me this so kept my mouth shut. When he told me that one of the three gifts was to be a blanket I remember laughing. I couldn’t believe it. A blanket, just as Summer was beginning, just didn’t make any sense... but I stayed quiet. The other two were ones that had been chosen by the committee: a small tool kit, about 8“ by 5” that could easily be stowed under a car seat as well as a soft insulated picnic bag. Hobie saw the look on my face and just shook his head. He did comment by saying that the whole Board got involved and they had basically wasted an hour just on that. I asked about the prospective branch sites and the application for it and I remember him mumbling something about “back to the drawing board".

When I turned back to look at the teller work area I checked to see if anyone was wearing a pants suit and saw none. I smiled to myself remembering just how worked up the Board had gotten over that simple matter. My thoughts were not very complimentary about the Board as I did.

Walking in the door at home that evening I could see Elle was upset. Sandy had lost her baby. She was still in the hospital and not seeing visitors. As the evening progressed Elle received any number of phone calls from the other ladies in the ”group“ concerned about Sandy. But one wasn’t about her at all. It was from Pat (the PTA lady) saying that it was imperative that a meeting be held to plan strategy for the upcoming school board election. Bob (from the ”group“) had agreed to run and Pat wanted to get everyone ”in line“ as to what needed to be done. She’d spoken with Aurelia, the newest member, and she agreed to host it. In hearing that my mind flashed back to about 15 years prior.

If you go back to Part 6a, b and c of this much too long tome, you’ll read about my ”adventures“ with Wendy/Judy. When Aurelia and her husband moved to town they bought the house that Wendy had lived in at that time. I'd known about it and, from time to time, had wondered about how much the property and house had changed. The news that the gathering would be there made the prospect of having to deal with Pat more tolerable. She'd wanted it to be this weekend but Aurelia had other plans and agreed to holding it the following Saturday evening.

Saturday was taken up with getting the racecar and all the tools and parts moved out of my garage and into the barn that ”B“ had located for it. This is another thing that brings a smile to my face as I’m writing. By now I was now very much involved in the running of the church as a vestryman. I thought I knew the downtown area fairly well when, in following ”B’s” directions, I couldn’t believe the barn was on the property right next to the church. The property had, in my memory, always been overgrown and I had no idea that there was a house and a small barn located on it. I was aware that there had been a service garage out by the street but it had been closed for many years and never paid attention to what was behind it. To get into the property we had to go down a narrow alley next to a small luncheonette that faced the railroad tracks. I’d never been down the alley so was completely taken aback to find the house and barn. “B” told me that it had been owned by an eccentric old lady and when she died a grandson inherited it. The grandson had gone to school with “B’s” father and that’s how he knew about it. The grandson was a successful businessman out in California and just hadn’t gotten around to do anything with the property.

The outside of the barn looked pretty ragged but the inside looked to be perfect for our needs other than for a layer of dust about a quarter of an inch thick over everything and a small hole in the roof. We managed to get the doors open and backed the car in. “B” said his father had some scrap lumber from which we could build a workbench. He’d already made arrangements to run a drop cord from the luncheonette for electricity so in a matter of minutes we were in “business”. I was excited to be getting back into racing. It was only a month before the first practice session was to begin and we still had a lot of small stuff to get done. We hadn't seen any of the "unmarrieds" throughout the Winter and into the Spring and we were going to need their help. "B" promised to round them up.

To be continued...      

1 comment:

badside said...

Too bad about the baby. Very sad.

Interested to hear how things work out (or not) at the bank and how it goes with the race car. Oh, and the party at the old house.