Friday, February 20, 2015

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128n)

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128n)

Looking out the bedroom window in the morning I could see this pile of trash in front of the garage. It was the packaging material (cardboard, wood and metal straps) from the new refrigerator that the delivery guys had left behind. That reminded me that I had to get the old fridge out of the kitchen. Removing the trash and getting the fridge moved were two things that had not shown up on my “radar” when I was originally planning my weekend. My primary focus had been working at and on the barn where the racecar was now located. As it turned out “B”  rounded up a couple of the “unmarrieds” to help at the barn and when I showed up we all focused on moving the fridge. At my house one of them said he thought he knew someone who might buy it. So, instead of working at the barn we spent most of the afternoon trying to track down his “buyer”. It was worth the time as I ended up getting $35 for it but nothing got accomplished at the barn. Time was running out on us if the car was to be ready for the first practice at the track and that concerned me.

Because of the “meeting” at Aurelia’s house that Pat (the PTA lady) had called, I had to get home to get cleaned up, eat and dressed to go. By the time Elle and I were ready I had mixed feelings about seeing Aurielia’s house. Initially I’d been looking forward to it but over the past few days, lying in bed and thinking back to the time I’d spent there, I wasn’t so sure.

The driveway was about 1/4 mile long and tree lined. As we turned in it was like we were in a tunnel as the tree had grown so much as to create a canopy. It had been at least 15 years since I’d been there and the trees were no where as big and as fully developed. Approaching the end I recognized the small horse barn off to the right. The sight of it quickly brought back the very vivid memory of Wendy and I hiding in one the lofts as we listened to her sister having sex with her boyfriend in the other. Off to the left was the driveway to both the guest cottage and to the garage for the house. The house was still white with blue shutters so to my eyes, nothing had changed. Straight ahead was the tear shaped drive to the front door. I could see a few cars parked on it so followed suit. We were greeted at the door by Aurelia’s oldest daughter. I know I wasn’t expecting that. In all the times the “group” had gathered there had never been any children. “Zee”, we were told was nine years old but she did look older. She'd been recruited (reluctantly) to be the greeter and to take our coats.

It was really strange to be in the house and not see Wendy even if had been 15 years. As I looked around it  didn’t seem as if there had been any changes other than the furniture. Aurelia came out and asked if we’d like to have a “tour“. That was funny, at least to me, as I could have conducted it myself. Elle had never been there so she followed Aurelia and the others while I looked out the front windows. It was still light enough outside to see the water of the bay. That, of course, triggered more memories of my Wendy/Judy summer.

When Aurelia led the group upstairs I again declined to follow. I decided to take a look at the kitchen. This is where my memory sort of failed me. I’d remembered a really large kitchen and the one I was looking at didn’t seem to be as big as the one at our house. It took me a few seconds to figure it out. Although I’d seen no other changes, the kitchen had been completely redone. What made it seem smaller was there was an island in the middle with drawers and doors. As I studied it I saw a wide array of cheeses and wines on it’s top. I decided I liked it and looked around some more. The appliances were all new including a double wall oven like we had. The other change was the door to the pantry was missing. It seemed like every time I’d ever been in that kitchen we raided the pantry for something to eat. I walked down the short hall to the door to the outside and as I peered through it I was somewhat shocked to see a pool where the patio with the privacy fence had been. I never quite understood why people with waterfront homes and beach access would build a pool. I was standing there wondering about it when Auriela and the others showed up.

Pat (the PTA lady) was the last to arrive. The rest of us were enjoying ourselves, socializing a bit and partaking of the wine and cheese when she walked in and said we had to ”get down to business“. I can honestly remember standing there, shaking my head, wondering why people would sort of ”jump“ at her every command. I will say this for her... she truly was organized. It was obvious that she was still peeved at not being invited to my so called birthday party as she avoided eye contact with both Elle and I as she went over her agenda.

She started with the current status of the Board of Education election. We’d heard that the board member that Wally (the plumber) was running against had decided not to run. No one really ”knew“ Wally but the consensus was that he was one of ”us“, meaning that he would be all for changes. However, Bob, our candidate, was up against a formidable opponent. The man had been on the board for over 20 years and was a highly respected member of the community. With that in mind Pat laid out our (her) strategy. Assignments were made, discussed and pretty much accepted. Then she moved on to a subject that she’d raised at a prior meeting... the need to raise money. She went on to say that, since no one made any suggestions, she’d gone ahead with the idea of an Olympic type competition between the teachers and parents. That generated a lively bit of discussion, mostly positive. She said she’d already spoken to the administration about the use of the gymnasium and was told that it wasn’t possible until the following school year. She said that wasn’t all that bad in that we’d have more time to plan events and get more support.

I couldn’t believe my watch as it was almost 10pm. Even though it wasn’t billed as a party, Aurelia and her husband had supplied us with plenty of good wine, cheese and crackers. My head was light and I could see Ginger was slurring her words. That wasn’t entirely unexpected as it didn’t take much to loosen her up. As Pat wound the ”meeting“ down I repositioned myself so I could keep an eye on Ginger. I was hoping to keep my ”streak“ alive where I’d managed to garner at least a glimpse of her panties at these affairs. That I pretty much knew what she was wearing for panties didn’t matter... a peek is a peek is a peek! I thought it was about to be broken as people got up and headed for the den where ”Z“ had placed the coats. It was a sunken living room with a step up into the foyer and as Ginger made her way, didn’t see or realize it. She tripped and as she did, fell on her side. My sight line was partially blocked as she fell but a quick maneuver put me in line to see just what I wanted to see... or sort of. What I saw was a pair of sanitary panties. She managed to get her backside covered before I could determine weather she was wearing ”dribble panties“ under them of if she had her period. I chalked it up as a ”win“ as far as getting a peek though.

To be continued...
  

2 comments:

badside said...

Got rid of the fridge and got an upskirt...a very productive day!

Pantymaven said...

Always! :-)