Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SURVIVING... Same ole, same ole (Part 129b)

SURVIVING... Same ole, same ole (Part 129b)

I was anxious to get home to see if Elle had any contact with the new neighbor. The rare warm weather had her outside playing with the kids in the yard. To my great pleasure she was wearing shorts. Her normal routine when arriving home was to change out of her school clothes and ”dribble panties“. Then, to please me, she’d put on two pair of the nylon satin panties along with some sort of casual outfit. Walking up the path I could see the VPL clearly showing the two pair of panties. That usually created the start of a bulge and did so this time as well. Before I could open my mouth to ask about the neighbor she was telling me about her.

Basically, she was a ”wanna be” author. According to Elle she wanted to be called Selina and had written two unpublished novels. Her father’s original intention was to refurbish the house to sell but she’d convinced him to keep it off the market so she could her spend the Summer there. Supposedly there was a group of aspiring female authors in the area and she was hoping to latch on to them for inspiration. In telling me all of this I don’t think Elle ever took a breath. It was interesting but I wanted more detail... age, height, looks etc. However, I was smart enough not to mention it hoping that the two had set a date for a more formal introduction.

It was obvious that the girls were getting hungry so we all went inside. It was nice not to have to close the door after entering. When Elle went into the refrigerator to get the makings for supper I followed her and managed to get my fingers under the cuff of her shorts. As usual, she slapped my arm away and told me to be patient. My problem with that was I wanted to go to the barn and prepare the racecar for painting after we'd eaten and I knew she'd be displeased. For the paint that we were going to use to come out right the temperature had to be above something like 68 degrees. I desperately wanted to take advantage of the three days of warm weather. “B” was, as usual, on the road making his sales calls. Since boating season was upon us, it was his busiest time of year so I had to do everything myself. When I told Elle my plans the “air” went cold and all I got was a frown.

I’d mentioned that the “unmarrieds”, or at least some of them, had come to the barn the previous Saturday. Because we'd spent the afternoon messing around with my old refrigerator, nothing got done on the car. I took a chance and called one of them who lived in town. Pete was a bit of a character and actually the one who’d come up with the name “unmarrieds”. He swore that he’d never get married. But, when I asked if he could meet me at the barn he hesitated a bit. He’d been very enthusiastic when “B” had come up with the idea of racing and had even promised to put in money for tires. I pushed him a bit and he finally agreed but he said he was bringing a friend. I didn’t ask who that was and when he showed up at the barn I was quite taken aback to find it was a female.

I didn’t want to embarrass him so didn’t “razz’ him about it. He introduced the girl as Bebe. I sort of recognized her but couldn’t put my finger on it. Attractive with bobbed blond hair, she was, for her size, well endowed. Wearing a white blouse, unbuttoned down to the point of seeing her bra, I had a hard time assessing her other attributes. She, like Elle, was wearing shorts but they were a bit baggy so I knew a VPL was doubtful unless just the right opportunity presented itself. I told them what I had in mind... hand sanding the whole car. It was painted blue and red and had sat out in the weather for a few years so the paint was badly oxidized. The goal for the night was to get it prepared so that, hopefully, I could get one coat of paint on it the next night. Pete was about 5’3” and Bebe may have been 5’ so that meant I had to do the roof. “B” had brought a ladder so that was my domain.

Because the paint was in such bad shape it didn’t take much effort to get the oxidized stuff off. From the ladder I got some very good top down views. For a “breast man” it was perfect positioning. The only light we had was from the open doors and as it got later and later the light grew dimmer and dimmer. We had no running water so when I heard Bebe say she needed a bathroom my ears really perked up. Even though the church was right next door, I didn’t have the key. The luncheonette over by the entrance into the parcel closed at 3pm. The only other place in town open that late (about 8pm) with toilet facilities was the soda (ice cream) shop and that was quite a walk from where we were. Pete, surprisingly, told her to just go pee outside. She didn’t like hearing that but Pete told her it was her only choice, softening it a bit by saying that with all the growth around the property no one could see in. I added that I attended the church next door and didn’t even know the barn was there until “B” brought me there. Reluctantly, she headed out the door. She was gone for what seemed like a long time before returning. She was not very happy. Pete, trying to make light of the situation, asked her if everything had come out all right. She just stuck her tongue out at him. About that time I realized that she probably didn’t have anything to wipe herself with and wondered just how wet she might be. The thought of it put a smile on my face.

I’d brought some rags and a bucket with the idea of wiping the residual paint dust off the car before we left. There was a water spigot at the luncheonette where I got the water. Bebe was anxious to go but she knew she was a “captive” until Pete decided to go. At first she wasn’t going to help but eventually pitched in. I was mad when she took a rag and bent over the bucket. It was too dark for me to really see anything... but it did give me hope if she were to come back. Elle was in bed and asleep by the time I got home. Even though she was giving me the “cold shoulder” with her back turned towards me at least I didn’t have to put up with her ‘“hot tongue”.

With the second day of the warm weather I was somewhat prepared for what lay ahead at work. The bank had been remodeled by adding a second floor a few years earlier. To save money they decided to stay with the air conditioning system that had been in place. Big mistake! First of all the engineers totally miscalculated the demand. To start with heat rises and then there were eight floor to ceiling windows facing West with no shades or drapes. Secondly, it was outmoded. When the cooling season was over the whole system had to be drained and shut down. That meant that when the warm weather came back they would basically have to start it up as if it were a new system. You couldn’t just go over to the thermostat and switch from heating to cooling. I remembered it taking a few days to get it running the previous year. Another thing was that once it was started it had to stay running. In the past they’d targeted the middle of June as the starting date. But here we were, early May and the heat build up was already being noticed.

That afternoonI got a call from J J to come upstairs to his office. With J J I never knew from which direction he was coming from and he didn’t give me any hints. I pretty much always took the stairs because I could beat the elevator and needed the exercise. As I described in previous posts the stairs were curved and as you reached the second floor you were facing the side of the PBX switchboard... and Netta, the operator. But as my eye level reached floor level I had to do a double take. Stopping, there was Netta, still behind the board, with her skirt hiked up almost to her waist and pulling down the stocking from her right leg. I stood there motionless and watched as she struggled to get the stocking over her heel. In desperation she sort of spun her chair a bit to the right and as she did she lifted her leg so as to get a better grip of the stocking. If only they had iPhones back in those days!

I backed down a few steps hoping that she hadn’t seen me. I took a deep breath and started humming a song as I retraced my steps back up the steps. She was back in her normal position and as I approached asked how she was doing. I got a sharp reply... "It's hot!" I smiled because Netta hadn’t been there the previous Summer so she really didn’t know how hot it could get. But, more importantly, it seemed as if she hadn't noticed me on the stairs.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Having painted a vehicle myself, I can say that the prep is more time/work than the painting! Hope to hear more about the blonde too.

Wish I could've seen that view from the stairs!