Wednesday, June 03, 2015

MORE CHANGES... and problems (Part 132g)

MORE CHANGES... and problems (Part 132g)

Sabrina stood there just staring at the steps. I asked again what she kept under the steps and porch. As I spoke I could see her eyes focused upon me. ”Garbage pails“ was her answer and it was almost a whisper. Her father’s T-Bird was only about 20 feet away and I told her to go get in the car. I waited until she was inside it and had closed the door before I came down the steps. Under the porch was all enclosed and as I went around to one side I could see there was a door. I’d gotten the idea that there was some kind of critter in there and I saw there was a thumb latch holding it shut. If I was right it would come bolting right out if I opened it but I wasn’t about to be standing right there when I did. I looked around and saw a garden rake propped up against the side of the house so I grabbed it and went back up on the porch. I used the rake to lift the latch, pull the door open a little and then stamped my foot. It took about ten seconds to find out just what kind of critter was inside... a big, fat possum. He took off running towards the car and as I watched it I looked up to see Sabrina’s face. She was horrified!

It took me about five minutes to coax her out of the car. While trying to do it though, I asked her about the previous night and when she’d gone into the kitchen. I wanted to know if she’d closed the door behind her or had she left it open. She said she didn’t remember. It was my theory that if she’d left it open then the noise she heard had come from under the porch... and was the possum. When she finally exited the car she grabbed my hand and it was a really tight grip!

I unlocked the kitchen door but Sabrina made me peer inside before she’d enter. I kept reassuring her that we’d find nothing amiss in the house but her reluctance was evident. With her still grasping my hand we went through the whole first floor including closets and cabinets. When I asked if she saw anything out of place she said she wasn’t sure. She’d only brought a limited amount of furniture when she moved in and when we got to the second floor it was kind of eerie as our footsteps echoed. It was a four bedroom house and she’d chosen the one at the top of the stairs. We went in there first and as soon as I did I wanted to kick myself. I suddenly realized that I would’ve had a chance to peruse her lingerie drawer, uninhibited, if I’d done what she’d originally asked... but I decided to make her go with me. I really was upset with myself.

It didn’t take long to go through the four rooms and that left only the attic. Sabrina confessed that she’d never been up there and begged me not to make her do it. Just about then we heard a voice from downstairs. It frightened her so I responded. It was Martin. He came bounding up the stairs and was all concerned about Sabrina because he hadn’t caught up with her the day before and she hadn’t answered her phone. Seeing him relaxed her and she immediately led him to the stairs and back to the first floor. As they walked away I told her that I’d check the attic. I did but just from the top step. As I made my way back down the stairs I realized I’d been given a reprieve... I could still get a look in Sabrina’s lingerie drawer.

I wouldn’t call the furnishings spartan as the quality was evident. It was just that here wasn’t much of it. There was a double bed, night stand, standing dresser and a small desk like thing with a chair. It was obvious that she wasn’t much of a housekeeper as the bed was unmade (but with no visible stains) and there was a pile of clothes next to the closet door. I made sure I could hear voices coming from the kitchen before trying the top drawer of the dresser. There was one burning question for me... the flowered panties I’d seen that one day. I was sure they were nylon but all the other panties of hers that I’d seen were cotton. I pulled the top drawer open and it looked like a rats nest. Everything that was in there was all spread about with absolutely no order... bras, panties, slips and stockings. Seeing that mess I wasn’t worried about leaving any clues that I’d been there and, knowing I didn’t have a lot of time, I just kind of stirred things around as I searched for the flowered panties. It was plain to see they weren’t there. I also noted that all of the panties were cotton and what I could see had the distinctive waist elastic of the Carter’s brand. No surprises.

I had one last shot at finding the flowered panties and that was in the pile of clothes on the floor. I checked to see if the voices were still coming from the kitchen and when I didn’t hear them I panicked. I quickly made my way to the top of the stairs and then heard them laughing. That was a big relief. I looked back into her room and took a deep breath. The temptation was just too much and I was at the pile of clothes in seconds. I pretty much just stirred them about. I did come across a couple of the heavy ribbed cotton panties like Elle wore at night but that was all. I was truly disappointed. As I headed for the stairs again I didn’t feel as bad but I also knew I better get to the super market soon or Elle wouldn’t  be talking to me the rest of the weekend.

The laughter I’d heard was over how Sabrina had gone to the wrong train station to pick Martin up the day before and how he had to go back to the city. I told them I had to get going and, again, reassured Sabrina that she was perfectly safe. I also told her that the possum she’d seen wouldn’t bite even though he was as ugly as sin. Just as I was about to go out the door Martin asked if I was up for the races that night. I just shook my head from side to side and kept going.

It was after 9am when I arrived at the shopping center and the supermarket. Elle just thrust the hand-outs into my hand and took off for the station wagon. There was a nice VPL showing on her backside as she walked away. As I attempted to distribute the flyers I was a bit surprised when most people just walked on by refusing to take the hand-out. After a half hour I decided I was wasting my time. The previous week three out of five had taken one but on this day it was more like one out of eight. On my way home I stopped by the post office to see if things were going any better for Bob. The previous week, when I arrived, there were at least three people talking with him. On this day there was only one and he was the town ”pest“. I asked Bob about his day and all he said was that it was ”slow”. I left the flyers with him and headed for home wondering why the big change. My first thought was that the 'local' that he was running against had started another rumor. We would find out come Tuesday night.

No one was home when I arrived which meant peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch. Since there was no wash on the line it told me Elle hadn’t returned to the house and it also meant all Sabrina’s things were still where she’d left them. The nightie and panties were still in the sink in the bathroom. When I held the nightie up I could see that she’d wet while on her stomach. I’d wondered which panties Elle had given her to sleep in and, to be truthful, was surprised to find they were a pair of the Kayser panties. I’d bought Elle a couple of pair way back when we lived in the mobile home park but I couldn’t remember her wearing them. As I held them up I could see they were now 'broken-in'. Other than the wetness that had wicked up while in the sink, the light yellow stain fully covered the front. I remember looking closely at the panties because there was something just a bit different about them... the leg elastic was wider and thicker than other nylon panties and I wondered if that wasn’t the reason I’d bought them.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Glad to read you found a way to get to that panty drawer after all. Good thing for you she was so disorganized, made it a lot easier! I don't get why Elle was so angry with you, it's not like you wanted to deal with Sabrina's problems. Maybe a little jealousy? Interesting development with the election as well.

Pantymaven said...

BS... It wasn't that Elle was mad... she was just annoyed that Sabrina managed to 'insert' herself into our lives at inopertune times. Believe me when I say I've only written about a few of them.