Thursday, June 18, 2015

REALLY BIG CHANGES... and repercussions (Part 133c)

REALLY BIG CHANGES... and repercussions (Part 133c)

Sleep didn’t come easy that night. The school board issue was primary but the upcoming Board of Trustees meeting at the bank on Wednesday was also floating around in my brain. Awake early on Sunday I decided I wasn’t going to church. The majority of the members were truly ‘locals’ and I just didn’t want to participate in any more talk concerning the principal and how unfair it was to have ‘outsiders' come in and change things. At first Elle was upset about not going but when I asked if she wanted to put up with all of that she agreed.

Working at the sailing club on Saturday had really reawakened my desire to get back to sailing again. My father had let me store our Sunfish in his garage for the Winter and now, with some unexpected free time, was a good time to go retrieve it and to get it ready for the sailing season. Elle asked if I would take the older two girls with me saying that it would be a way to get them interested again. We planned on enrolling them in the sailing lessons at the club and when we brought the subject up in dinner conversations they didn’t seem all that enthusiastic. I knew it would mean more work on my part but to keep peace, I agreed.

The first thing we had to do was say hello to my parents. They were eating breakfast out on the lawn by the water. The girls, seeing the beach, wanted to head right there but I told them they had ”work to do“. So, the three of us, along with my father, headed for the garage. As expected, I found the boat covered with empty cardboard boxes that my father was always collecting. Seeing them reminded me of when I’d hidden my ‘stash’ of panties in amongst them a few years earlier and had a panic attack when I found that he’d cleaned the garage up and thrown many away. Fortunately, the boxes with my things had survived the ‘purge’. The girls felt important as they helped move the boxes and it kept them busy as I collected all the parts and pieces that made up the complete boat. When I told them I’d set the boat up in the back yard, complete with the sails, they started to get interested. It was a start.

At home, I left the trailer with the boat strapped to it hitched to the car. I felt it would be more stable and would make it easier to work with the girls. As soon as I put the sail up with it’s bright green and white stripes the girls really got excited. Elle came out with Kaye and watched as I put the older girls up on the deck and proceeded to go over the names of all the different parts of the boat. Fortunately, there wasn’t much wind so having the sail up wasn’t a problem. Both the older girls did a good job remembering the basics which I’d taught them the year before and as I was finishing up with them they started pestering me to actually go sailing in the water. I could see Elle shaking her head in a negative way. She wanted me to be the ‘bad guy’ and say no. But... I was rescued by a red mustang pulling up the driveway.

As the driver door opened I saw Martin. I remember standing there staring at him and almost not believing my eyes. He didn’t own a car and his parents car, which he used when he was visiting them, was a big gold Cadillac. Then I saw Sabrina exit the passenger side of the Mustang wearing a short sundress. I remember this scene like it was yesterday. She bounded out of the car and ran up to the boat. With her lisp that was more like baby talk all I could hear was ”I wuv it! I wuv it!“. Then turning to me she just about ordered me to take her for a sail sometime.

I’m sure you’ve all noted my ‘asides’ about Sabrina. Well, in my mind taking her for a sail at anytime would be a test of my patience. My two girls were sitting on the deck with their feet in the cockpit and the next thing I knew Sabrina had jumped up onto the opposite side deck. Her legs were still outside the boat. Then she started to swivel and lifted her legs so they would clear the side and get them into the cockpit as well. As she did Martin and I had a nice crotch view...  but for only a second or two. In seeing white I pretty much knew what they were... Carter’s cotton panties. However, just seeing them for only that short time made me think back to the flowered panties I’d seen her wearing one time before. They were still a mystery.

The story behind the red Mustang was that Martin had bought it from his brother who had been drafted. He didn’t come right out and admit it but the reason was so that he could drive out from the city to see Sabrina when he wanted. The train schedule was less than ideal and even though finding parking in the city was hard (and expensive) he was obviously smitten enough with Sabrina to do it.

There were no more peeks that afternoon. Martin made sure of that. By the time they left I’d made a half hearted promise to take them both sailing. I knew it wouldn’t be in the Sunfish... three adults (if you wanted to give Sabrina that much credit) were actually two too many. I knew I could borrow big ”B’s“ sailboat almost any weekday and there was always someone where both my folks and Elle’s folks lived who would do the same.

When I was putting the boat away I felt the time had been worth it. The girls now appeared to be looking forward to lessons especially when they heard that some of their friends would be joining them. Elle had made contact with Ginger late that afternoon and found she would be going in to the city for her procedure the next morning and she'd agreed to relieve her mother from baby sitting duties for an hour or two for the days she’d be in the hospital. As Elle was telling me this she raised a surprise question... were we going to try and make a pair of dribble panties with the plastic crotch attached? It surprised me because we hadn't talked about it in a while. It also reminded me that Willy, my sailing friend who ran a lingerie manufacturing company, hadn’t called me back. I made another mental note to go along with about a dozen others rattling around inside my brain.

After we ate and after a number of tries I finally was able to get in touch with Bob to find out what transpired at the special meeting the president of the school board had called. He was somewhat reluctant to discuss it but did say the general purpose had been to try and convince the members to rethink the decision not to rehire the principal. Of course that answer piqued my interest further and after some serious badgering he admitted that they held the course and let the decision stand. The tone of his voice told me there was more so I pushed harder. The president of the Board got so upset that he resigned his position as president and that Wally, (the plumber) one of the newly elected members, was voted to take his place. That news just took my breath away and I really didn’t hear any more of what Bob was saying. I just couldn’t believe it. As I’ve mentioned before, Wally was the most negative person I’d ever met and I wondered just what was in store for us all.

To be continued...  

2 comments:

badside said...

Wow, this school board thing just gets more complicated and crazier with each turn! Sabrina, as annoying as she was, at least was a good source of upskirt peeks!

Pantymaven said...

BS... "annoying" was the operative word!