Thursday, November 19, 2015

MORE... surprises and changes (Part 138h)

MORE... surprises and changes (Part 138h)

I could see it was a struggle for her to be civil not only to us but to her kids by the way she bossed them around. However, once the pre-teens and youngest saw the plate of cookies they ignored their mother. I stood there with the pitcher of lemonade and thought back to the night we’d met her at Pat’s house and my questioning thought’s about her demeanor and personality. They were back. She’d gone into the kitchen and when she returned saw the three kids picking off the cookies. ”STOP!“ was all she said and that got their attention. It also brought Bill out of the house along with the two older girls. As I’d previously written, the kids were all short but the two older girls had cute faces and weren’t stocky like their parents. Bill walked up and thanked Elle and I for the refreshments and, sort of, apologized for his wife. He was sweating profusely but proceeded to introduce us to the two girls who were standing there. The older girl had short brown hair and what I’d call a semi-serious smile. She was called Mo for Maureen. The other was Barbara and she had blonde hair and high cheekbones. Her smile was natural and she seemed to exude ‘peppiness’ even standing there munching on a cookie. I liked her right from that first moment. As usual, Kaye was clinging to Elle’s leg. Barbara broke away from us and ran around behind where we were standing and snuck up on Kaye. In a matter of seconds she had Kaye laughing and in a matter of minutes they were conversing. Barbara was wearing a two piece seersucker shorts set and ended up sitting down on the lawn. She convinced Kaye to walk over to her and indicated that she wanted her to sit down as well. With her legs spread apart, Indian style, I got a very unexpected peek, but for only a second or two. But, I was pretty sure I saw an indication that they were band leg panties. Barbara was going to be a  sophomore when school opened which made her to be fifteen or sixteen. I knew I’d keep an eye out for more in the future.

Mrs L, actually Phyllis as her husband told us, seemed to go out of her way to avoid us following after her husband as he went back inside. She was short and stocky, almost round, and walked with a bit of a waddle. Elle was getting to know the younger kids and learning their names. The cookies were gone as was most of the lemonade when Phyllis returned. She strode down the kitchen porch steps and towards us. Without making any effort to introduce herself she walked up to Elle and asked if she could use our wash line since they didn't have one. I stood there thinking 'What nerve!' but Elle, ever amenable, said she could. Then, without saying "Thanks" she turned and went back into the kitchen. As Elle and I walked back to our yard I asked why she'd let the woman 'just walk all over her'. As usual, Elle just shrugged her shoulders. I was mad but knew it wasn't worth the effort to protest any further.

By then it was almost 4:30pm and I was still interested in going to the sailing club for at least a swim to try and cool off. This time the kids were all for it and while Elle made up a tuna salad I made more lemonade. Once there it was pointless to think about going sailing as the water looked like a mirror. I’d expected the beach to be crowded but because it was getting close to supper time many of those that were there were packing up. As I set of things up I caught a glimpse of a family that I didn’t recognize. The man was about our age but the woman looked older. The kids appeared to match the age of ours and I was sorry that we hadn’t come earlier. As I was getting the last of our gear out of the station wagon I looked over to their car and saw an out of state license plate. The man saw me staring in his direction and started walking towards me. It was as he got about ten feet away when I recognized him. He was one of the kids that spent the Summer in our beach colony when we were in our early teens. He’d been a bully back then but he seemed very genial as he stuck out his hand. After a few pleasantries he called his wife over. Not particularly pretty she had quite a figure and it became more apparent the closer she got. I wouldn’t be far off if I described her breasts as ‘spilling out’ of her bathing suit. Not particularly a ‘breast man’ I had a hard time not staring in that direction. I got Elle’s attention and she came back to the parking lot and we had a nice chat. They were renting a cottage not far from the sailing club. We ended up agreeing to stop by their place after we’d gone swimming and eaten.

John had been a favorite of Elle’s mother. In her eyes he could do no wrong and at one time she’d confided in one of her neighbors that she hoped Elle would marry him. We were probably all of 13 or 14 at the time. In any case it was easy to find where they were as his car, a fire red Ford convertible, was right out by the road. We pulled in behind it and as I headed for the house I couldn’t help but notice the clothes on the wash line... all bathing suits and... a pair of panties. My first thought was that she, like Elle, wore panties under her suit. Like with all panties, I really wanted to know who made them. They looked like they were nylon as I could almost see through them.

We convened on the front lawn. (As with all houses located on the water, the front of the house faces the water and not the road) There still wasn’t any wind. To get to the beach from their place you had to go down about 30 steps as they were on a small bluff. They had the use of a Sunfish sailboat but John had never sailed one so he asked if I could show him how to rig it. What could I say... so we all went down to the beach. Rigging a Sunfish is really easy once you’ve done it. I had the sails up in no time. The rudder (to this day) is the tricky part. By the time we got it all done there was the first vestiges of a breeze so I suggested that John and his wife go for a quick sail. She didn’t want any part of it saying that she was all showered and had on clean clothes. The ”old“ John that Elle and I had known came forth about then. He told her to get on board and wasn’t going to take any back talk. She (I don’t remember her name), dutifully, obeyed. She was wearing a pair of pale yellow shorts and a striped tank top similar to one that Elle owned. As she stepped on board I almost choked as I watched those two mounds. I hate to admit it but I definitely wasn’t thinking panties at that moment. Thinking about that moment as I write this I can’t help but think it was cumbersome for her to carry all that around.

To be continued...              

2 comments:

oldblue said...

I just knew the new renters were going to offer some entertainment for you (and us) although they wife will put a damper on things.
Why didn't I ever take up sailing?
You didn't really want that Chevy anyway. Never buy anything from someone you work with.

Pantymaven said...

OB... I once had an instructor who told me not to use absolutes (never... always... etc) because they usually came back to haunt you... :-)