Monday, January 16, 2017

WARMER DAYS... on to Florida (Part 156h)

WARMER DAYS... on to Florida (Part 156h)

We got back to the place around 6pm. My parents had told us to meet them in the bar at around 7pm and that we'd be having dinner with the owners. As we walked to our room I realized we still hadn't taken a walk on the beach but Elle rejected the suggestion saying she needed to shower. She was all excited about wearing her new dress which gave me the idea to take advantage of her excitement over getting it. When she started to undress I dug out the Polaroid camera. When she saw it she immediately started shaking her head saying there wasn't time. I didn't back down and she relented. She was about to take off her panties so I asked her to pee in them on the toilet. There was no way for me to join in and get some warm, wet pleasure what with both hands filled trying to get the camera ready. After she finished she, reluctantly, asked what I wanted her to do. I hated it when she would put pressure on me to hurry up. The only thing I could think of was to have her bend over so I could get her wet bottom. She stepped out of the bathroom and bent over at the waist telling me to hurry up. I'd just gotten the flash attachment in place so just aimed at her rear and pushed the button.
 Once the flash went off she stepped into the bathtub to take her shower. That gave me the chance to pull the picture out of the camera and I was more than pleased.
                  
New VanRaalte & Evette panties bought that day
By the time I showered and dressed it was a little after 7pm. I knew to wear a coat and tie but wasn't really sure my choice was proper. We walked across the courtyard and into the bar where we were greeted by Ben, the man who'd picked us up at the airport. He was behind the bar but looked a lot different. Wearing a bright red coat with brass buttons and a big smile he greeted us like long lost friends. My parents were there in a booth with friends. Both my parents had stopped drinking over 10 years before but still enjoyed the atmosphere of a bar. Joining them, my mother complimented Elle on her dress. I'd told her not to tell her about it being purchased that day as we'd 'pleaded poverty' the whole time leading up to the trip.With neither Elle or I drinking, my parents bid their friends good bye and headed for the dining room.

The dress code for evening dining had men wearing coats and ties and women skirts or dresses. Looking at the people seated in the dining area I felt a little out of place as it seemed like most of the men were wearing blazers. While waiting to be seated by the maitre-d  I saw Thea, the wife of the owner wife approaching. Right behind her was a tall, thin man who looked vaguely familiar. My mother introduced him as Ed, Thea's husband. It quickly came back to me that I did remember him from back when I was last there. The difference was that he was now much thinner... and older.

We were seated and then served a delicious meal. We learned the whole history of the place and the projected future by the time we left the room. I'd always thought of it as special but was shocked to find out that it was really a mistake. It was conceived as a motel right after WWII. Ed had gone to work for a construction company after his discharge and it was in the process of building it out when the developers ran out of money. Motels were just coming into vogue at the time and Ed was convinced it was a good idea. He got his father and some of his father's friends to put up the money to finish building it. However, by the time they did a big, grandios resort had been started about three miles to the North. It met moderate success after opening but as soon as the resort opened business fell off. The resort was a huge success to the extent that they were having to turn guests away. I didn't grasp how Ed and the resort management got together but they worked out a deal that kept Ed in business. Ed agreed to a 20 year arrangement that had the resort send their 'overflow' to his place and they would still be allowed to use all the resort facilities. One of the things that came to light with the good turn in business was that guests were interested in having more than just a room. Borrowing money based on the success he was having he bought the land right to the North and built two apartment buildings with a total of 16 apartments. About three years ago Ed saw "the handwriting on the wall" and the motel portion was losing money. He wanted to close it down and build the apartments but Thea had protested. The current season had been "brutal" even with the arrangement with the resort and she finally relented. Hence, the "farewell party" that we were a part of. The whole place was to be bulldozed down the first week in May. When this part was being discussed Thea excused herself. I'm sure she was crying as she walked away from the table. 

We also met the daughter, Diane. I recognized her voice as the person with the Southern drawl that had answered the phone when I called to say our flight time had been changed. She had jet black hair with big, brown eyes but there was no way to see her mother or father in her features. She was the same age as Elle and I but I couldn't remember her from back when I'd stayed there in the past and wondered why. She laughed and said it was because both she and her mother spent little time there and lived in a "real" house until she went off to college. That brought a laugh from Ed. After college she spent some time working for her parents but wanted to try something different. When they decided to raze the existing facility and build more apartments she decided to return to manage the complex and allow her parents some freedom. She'd only been there since the first of April. As we got up to leave she told Elle and I to stop by the front desk the next day. I said we would but had no idea why.

To be continued...    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story about the motel. Very enterprising for someone to finish the building. Sounds like he had a good mind for business and had a little luck with the agreement with the resort.

Bad

Anonymous said...

Oh and thanks for sharing the lovely pic!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... My father later told me Ed was very lucky but also smart... a good combination! Many years later he sold land he'd been purchasing over time to the resort and it's now the home of the "Tournament Players' PGA golf championship at the end of each year

On the pic... stay tuned... :-)