Tuesday, January 31, 2017

WARMER DAYS... on to Florida (Part 156p)

WARMER DAYS… on to Florida (Part 156p)

When I returned to the community room both the washer and dryer had stopped. I didn’t want to put Elle’s panties in the dryer because I remembered from my days at the mobile home park how the dryers ruined any synthetic material. I debated if it was worth the time and money to put my T shirts and briefs in. I knew I’d have to hang her panties up in the closet and also knew there were very few hangers so dug out some more change and headed for the dryer. I opened the door to find there were clothes still in it. Their owner hadn’t returned to claim them and I hesitated before taking them out. It only took a handful to recognize that some of them belonged to a female. Any thought to rummaging through them was negated by the open access to the room. Also, by that time it was getting late and all I wanted to do was to get back to our room. I just dumped them on the small table that separated the two machines. I knew it wouldn’t take long for my few things to dry so I decided to wait.

This was the first time I’d been over to the apartment buildings so decided to take a walk around the outside. There was nothing special about them and, as I remember it, the whole area was rather pedestrian. Back inside I discovered that to get to the second floor you had to use stairs which I thought was rather inconvenient. I took about fifteen minutes hoping that was enough to take the wetness out of my things. Even though there was still time left I pulled open the door and gathered my clothes up. At first I was just going to leave the clothes that I’d removed from the dryer on the table but decided to be nice and to return them to the dryer. I picked up Elle’s damp panties and tops in one hand and my things in the other and headed back to the room.

Elle was asleep on one of the beds. She hadn’t made up her sleep ‘package’ and was still in just her bra and panties. I thought about taking a picture but decided against it with the idea of getting something better over the following days. Before waking her I set about to hang up her panties and to drape the other items on the towel rack in the bathroom. As I did I found a real surprise… a pair of bikini panties. The first thing I did was to peek back into the room to check on Elle. With her still asleep, I took a quick moment to check the panties out. There was no label but there was a name stenciled across the back right under the waist elastic that I couldn’t make out. I stood there contemplating that discovery when I heard Elle stirring so stuffed them into my pants pocket.

Elle said she was really tired so just set about getting her self and her ‘package’ ready for bed. I spent the time trying to come up with a way to find out who the owner of the bikini panty was. We’d been there for two days but hadn’t spent much time around the complex. I’d not seen anyone other that Diane who was our age or younger so that sort of perplexed me. I just couldn’t imagine the older generation women that I'd observed wearing a pair of bikini panties. As I was drifting off to sleep I got the idea they might belong to Diane. I liked that idea. I was just about asleep when I realized the panties were still in my pants pocket. That thought woke me up because I needed to find a place to hide them that Elle was sure not to go.

As I mentioned earlier, the room had the old style, wide slat, Venetian blinds. Because we had an end room they had placed spot lights to mark the path to the beach so even with all the room lights out you could still make out everything in the room. I slid out of bed and grabbed the panties and looked for the carry bag that I’d used to bring the Polaroid camera with us. Having used it when playing basketball I knew there was a zippered pocket on the bottom. Finding the bag I quickly stuffed the panties into the pocket and climbed back in bed, thoroughly awake.

Like the previous two mornings, bright sunlight peeking through the Ventian blinds had us awake at an early hour. Elle and the bed were pretty wet so any chance for a really good start to the day was negated. As Elle finished her shower I went outside to find it was a warm and calm day. The ocean looked like a mirror. I knew Elle would like it for swimming as she was afraid of the big waves. As a senior in high school she’d gone to Florida with her best friend. They’d gone swimming on a day with heavy surf and Elle got upended and she’d gotten bruised up a bit. From that time on all her swimming was done in calm seas.

We’d been encouraged by my mother to take advantage of the great ’shelling’ opportunity the beach provided. She’d given us a carry bag to put our collection in and promised to deliver it upon her return. Elle decided that we’d do the shelling first allowing the sun to rise a bit more for warmth. Coming form the cool North, seventy degrees felt pretty good to me. But with Elle, not so much. We headed North on the beach and found a tide line with many different shells to choose from. Elle had chosen to wear a pair of white knit pants that provided a great VPL, especially wearing two pair of panties. But, I didn’t bring the camera because of it’s size so had to be satisfied with just the ‘view’. In a little over an hour we almost filled the carry bag with shells. Elle was really excited about our ‘haul’.

After breakfast we changed into our bathing suits and headed for the water. The temperature had, as expected, risen a bit and Elle was happy about that. There was now a bit of a breeze and some light wave action. I was pleased that Elle agreed that she could/would handle it. If there was a problem it was that the water was cold. After Elle stepped into the water she was ready to renege on our deal. However, I prevailed and we did end up swimming, in the Atlantic Ocean, in April.
               


To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What luck getting those bikinis, and figuring out who they belonged to. LOL, I always assumed Florida had warm ocean water all year round.

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... Remember those panties!

"Cold" is a relative thing, depending on an individual's perception. I don't remember what it was while we were there but I do remember Thea mentioning it was colder than usual. Since we only swam in the bay at home during the Summer and, the fact that the water there was shallow allowing the sun to add warmth, made the ocean water we swam in feel especially cold.