Tuesday, February 14, 2017

WARMER DAYS... on to Florida (Part 156w)

WARMER DAYS… on to Florida (Part 156w)

Elle wasted no time heading for the shower. She chose to leave her panties on so as to rinse them out. However, it was a reminder that as far as clean ones were concerned she was down to just her ‘dribble’ panties. She’d been rinsing her wet panties out but without soap. Other than the ones she was wearing in the shower they were dry. We’d decided to hold back the wearing of the ‘dribble’ panties for the trip home so when she appeared in the doorway I reminded her. She made a face but without hesitation decided to do a ’smell test’ of the others. After picking out two pair that passed she proceeded to get dressed. Since we were only going into the bar area or lounge there was no need for a dress so she chose her white knit slacks with a pink knit top. I earnestly approved but didn’t tell her my real reason… they gave off a very nice VPL, especially with her wearing two pair of panties.

I decided on a pair of slacks knowing my mother would have a comment if I left my shorts on. It was almost 10pm when we walked into the bar. To say they were less than happy to see me is to put it mildly. My father started in by telling me I should’ve had him paged rather than to just leave a message. I just stood and listened as he got it off his chest. He followed that up with the fact that there had been a change in plans as far as getting Elle and I to the airport. Our flight was for sometime around 9pm and since my father no longer drove at night he’d made arrangements with one of the bellhops to drive us. I don’t remember what his real name was but he’d been working at the place for a long time. I’d been friendly towards him way back when I stayed there as a teen and all I knew him as was “R C”, which stood for R C Cola, something that he seemed to drink gallons of. When R C agreed to take us he thought he had the day off. But, with the influx of people arriving for the closing affair he was told he had to work. That left us without a ride.

Taxis from the airport were expensive and sometimes not reliable. My father believed in trying to help the staff out whenever he could and that’s why Ben, the bartender, had picked us up back on Sunday night (Monday morning). He’d been trying all evening to find an alternative but, at present, hadn’t come up with a solution. With things a little ‘frosty’ I decided to call it a night and took Elle’s hand and we left. Walking out I was a bit relieved because the couple that were with my parents were people I recognized from many years ago… both alcoholics and as I observed them they seemed to be in that condition. 

Back at the room I suggested that we start packing since we had to be out of it by 10am. My parents had told us we could leave our things in their room until it was time to leave. By doing it then would mean we’d have more daylight time to enjoy ourselves. As we laid our clothes and souvenirs out on the bed I was a bit surprised at just how much we’d purchased. I’d had a hard time getting the suitcase closed and locked as we packed at home and it looked even more daunting as I stared at it. One of the first things that jumped out at me was the amount of space that our tennis sneakers would take up. Even though I’d put them in a small carry case along with the Polaroid that was all the bag could hold. I decided to put them aside for my parents to bring back when they drove home as they were already planning on bringing the shells that we collected. Elle added to it saying that we wouldn’t be needing our tennis clothes as we certainly wouldn’t be playing tennis at home in April. That brought up the need for most of the clothes we had… they were primarily Summer things. All of a sudden I had plenty of room in the bag. Of course, we made these decisions without talking to my parents. But, as we prepared for bed we seemed to have solved our biggest problem.

Morning brought our next problem… Elle’s wet panties from the night. They didn’t have plastic bags like today. The bags we’d gotten while shopping were paper and they wouldn’t be suitable in any way shape or form. Elle suggested that since she had so many panties anyway that we could just throw them away. To a panty lover, that was blasphemous. However, I couldn’t come up with an immediate solution so suggested we get breakfast. Even though it was only 8am or so, the dining room was more crowded than I’d seen it. All the two place tables were occupied so we were given one with four places and were asked if we minded having another couple join us. Trying to be pleasant we said it would be OK… and it turned out to be very fortuitous.

It was a couple somewhat older than we were… Jane and Doug. They had spent their honeymoon there and had fallen in love with the place, returning every Spring until they had kids. When they heard it was closing they contacted the owners and were able to get in on the closing event. Ironically, they were celebrating their 15th anniversary. Of course, we had to go through the same ‘drill’ we’d gone through with my parent’s friends. But, it was different. We wanted to do it. We hit it off really well and found there were a lot of similarities in our lives. We got so caught up in conversation that I forgot that we had to be out of our room by 10am. I’d casually mentioned that we would be on our way that afternoon and they stated they were disappointed to hear it. They asked what we were doing the rest of the morning and said they’d been looking forward to going to the pool. Acting on the spur of the moment I asked if we could join them there a bit later and they welcomed the thought.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at the way you solved the packing problem (without asking your parents!). :^)

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... you gotta do what you gotta do! :-)