Wednesday, April 24, 2019

INTO SUMMER... a busy time (Part 173c)

INTO SUMMER… a busy time (Part 173c)

Elle, the kids and I had gotten our hamburgers and hot dogs and had settled into the lawn chairs to eat when I saw my mother emerge from the house. She didn’t look all that good and after surveying the situation and seeing Patrick and Joy being ‘lovey dovey’ on the lawn called Elle over to the porch. I couldn’t hear the conversation but when Elle returned to where I was she told me that we were “free to go”. Elle said my mother was embarrassed and apologized for not calling the night before to warn us of the situation. While the kids finished up eating I collected all the beach materials and, as deftly as I could, loaded them into the station wagon. I signaled Elle that I was finished and with Patrick and Joy still nestled together she sent the kids down the path to the station wagon. They wanted to know why we were leaving and I couldn’t come up with an answer that I thought they’d understand. She let me know she’d apprised my father what was happening as I backed out of the driveway. I might’ve even breathed a sigh of relief.

The kids were upset about having to leave the beach and Elle suggested that we go to the sailing club. I knew it was open because of the holiday but with the public beach right next to it was concerned about how crowded it might be. Under normal weekend conditions it was tolerable and members of the club were there to prevent non members from using the facilities. But, as far as I knew there hadn’t been anyone assigned that duty for the 4th of July. I pictured myself being ‘roped’ into the job so told her I’d set up the sprinkler in the back yard for the kids. They weren’t all that happy about it until, when pulling up to the garage, Elle told them she'd go invite the neighbor kids to join them. That was a partial appeasement and it was only Kaye who was truly happy because she’d become good friends with the girl who was her age.

Elle, still in her bathing suit and cover-up, went next door with the kids. As she ducked through the opening in the hedge I could see the leg elastics from her panties sticking out from under her bathing suit. We’d been gone for almost two hours and I knew Elle had not visited a bathroom while at my parents house. I also knew she hadn’t gotten wet when on the beach so wondered if, when and where she’d relieved herself. As I put the beach things away and got the hose and sprinkler out I contemplated that. When she returned I sidled up to her and slipped one hand under the cover up and patted her backside. It was wet and it was warm. Almost an instant hard on! She slapped my arm turning quickly to look behind her. The kids had not accompanied her when she returned so I asked what that was all about. She relaxed and explained that Martha’s husband, Junior, would be bringing over a volleyball net. They didn’t have two trees close enough together to string it up. She said she thought he might be right behind her. I had to ask where she was when she pee’d and that brought forth a laugh. She had a sheepish look on her face as she described squatting down, pretending to look at a weed in the lawn, and peeing while she was down there. Still laughing, she said all three of them, Martha, Junior and Mattie were there. I didn’t ‘push’ the issue but quickly envisioned Elle squatting in front of the three adults and peeing into the lawn in front of them.

It took a while to figure out how to rig up the volleyball net. Junior took over supervising the game while the rest of us sat on the lawn watching. I tried my best to position myself to get a panty peek from either of the two women, up the leg openings of their shorts but close doesn’t count. Since none of the kids had ever played volleyball it didn’t take long for them to get bored in spite of Junior’s best efforts to teach them the rudiments of the game. It was one of our kids who asked about the sprinkler and if I was going to set it up. It didn’t take long and our kids were soon running in and out of it, laughing and having a ball. The three neighbor kids just stood there watching. I remember the older girl pleading with Mattie to let her join in . It was Junior who took up her ‘cause’ telling Mattie that it was only water and it wasn’t going to hurt their clothes by getting wet. The next thing I knew there were six kids running around, yelling and screaming. I could see Mattie had sort of bought into the idea but sat there with a sour look on her face. All of a sudden Junior got up, grabbed the sprinkler and came running back to where his sister and wife were sitting pointing it at them. With both of them sitting on the ground they had to scramble a bit to stand up and to try and escape so they got drenched. Actually, so did Elle and I, but not as bad. The two women ran after him and he had to drop the sprinkler when he ran out of hose.

The kids thought this was great, that the adults got sprayed and soaking wet. I know Anne did because I remember her yelling at Junior to spray her mother. When all was said and done there were five adults who were dripping wet and giving me a bit of a voyeuristic chance at seeing something of interest. As I’ve written, Mattie was a little ‘chunky’ which meant some of her clothes were ‘snug’, especially as they encased her butt. On this day she was wearing a pair of what I wrote down as twill shorts. They were tan and, try I as had to discern a VPL, I’d not been what, in my eyes, would be called, successful. That was partially because the crotch of her panties was small but the color just didn’t help. But… when they were wet it was a different story. The shorts just clung to her body highlighting the leg elastics and even a bit of the crotch line. For Martha it was even better. Her shorts were a much lighter weight cotton. The description I wrote in the Day Timer was they were thin like a bedsheet. So, once they were wet they REALLY clung to her body. One thing that stands out in my memory of the event was watching her try to pull the wet material off her body and then watching it go right back to fully clinging to it. I could see she was wearing flowered panties with each and every flower showing through. Like Matties’s panties, the crotch was small so I only got a little look at it. Martha had one other thing to make me remember the incident and that was her blouse. It was similar to the shorts and clung to her breasts. Looking at them I could clearly see her bra but what I didn’t understand why it seemed like ‘ripples’ underneath the blouse material. Of course I couldn’t go over close to her to ‘inspect’ so, when Mattie decided she’d had enough that ended it. I turned the water off as the two women gathered their three kids together and headed for the opening in the hedge. I got one last look as they all ducked through the opening. Junior was the last and I called out to him. I’d thought about asking all of them if they were interested in going to the fireworks display but hadn’t done so. When Junior stopped I asked and he said he’d get back to me. By then it was around 4pm and I had to get changed, eat and leave for the fireworks event by 5pm. I hoped he’d have an answer before it was time to leave.

To be continued…

2 comments:

oldblue said...

All caught up! Tie-dye days. Underwear optional. I remember them well. Had kids who participated in the hippy lifestyle, living on the west coast. Worked with a guy who quit his job and joined his kids in the life they lived at the time.

Pantymaven said...

OB... Interesting! The only time we'd see them in our area was when there was some kind of outdoor art exhibit. I remember the air having a slightly sweet smell to it...