Sunday, August 04, 2019

DEALING WITH THE HEAT... & more (Part 174p)

DEALING WITH THE HEAT… & more (Part 174p)

The next morning, as I headed towards the garage, I won’t say I forgot that Junior and I’d moved all the stuff from the shed into the garage and that was why the station wagon was outside. I lifted the door and surveyed the mess, wondering how I’d gotten so much junk into such a small space. Then I looked down the length of the shed and saw how uneven the floor had become… and dreaded having to pull it all up and do it properly this time. I thought about how I wanted to do it while driving in to work. I’d just made the turn off the state road onto Main Street when I saw a panel truck with the name of Lynda’s father-in law’s Chevy dealership off the side of the road. The right front of the truck was noticeably down way more than for a flat tire. I pulled over and looked back to see if the driver was with or near the truck. I debated with myself as to getting out to have a look around and decided to do it figuring if there was no one around I’d call Lynda when I got to work to let her know. At the truck I could see the right front wheel had broken away from the rest of the suspension and was folder under it. The truck would definitely have to be towed. I checked inside the truck but there was no one around. So, it was off to work and a call to Lynda.

At work it was no surprise that the topic of conversation was the moon landing. As I walked across the lobby I could see little groups of employees chatting about it. I remember Bret, Trish and Joanie talking about how much of it they had watched. Initially, I was tempted to join them and probably would’ve if I didn’t want to let Lynda know about her father-in-law’s service truck being broken down. I could tell she was surprised to hear from me and was actually laughing. Her response was to say something about ESP and that she was going to call me. She proceeded to tell me that the IPO stock I’d agreed to buy when it was issued finally came to market at a price of 12 3/8. For a few seconds I forgot about my reason for calling her as I did the math and realized after paying for it I’d still have a little over $1,000 to do whatever I wanted. It also reminded me to contact “Gee” about the letter he promised to get for me from the retired Trustee confirming the fact that the name on the abandoned accounts was indeed my grandmother. After a brief acknowledgement concerning the moon landing I was able to tell her about my observation on the truck. She thanked me and then said she had some incoming calls to handle but suggested I stop over at the office during my lunch hour. I didn’t have anything scheduled so said I’d see her around noon time.

When I walked into Lynda’s office she was waiting for me. She was standing behind her desk so there was no chance for a 'peek'. I was disappointed but it didn’t last for long because she told me the stock was already up over a point. That was a nice return for a stock I hadn’t yet paid for. For lunch she suggested going to her old stand-by, Michael's, right across the street. She told me the breakdown of the truck had already been called in but it was appreciated that I’d stopped. She added that the driver was also the driver of Neil’s race car. which I thought was interesting. She wanted to know how the racing was going. I knew she had little interest in racing so didn’t dwell on it and changed the subject asking what she’d been doing for the Summer. Now this part I remember without notes! We’d ended up at a table just inside the restaurant part of the place (bar and booths out front). The restaurant area was mostly dark but our location had a fair amount of light from the bar and booth area. She pushed back from the table and proceeded to pull up the hem of her skirt to expose the top of her thighs. She pointed to them and said something like “You tell me…” with one of her big, teasing smiles filling her face. “The beach, of course!” I wasn’t really looking at the tan she was alluding to but was concentrating on the tiny white spot right in the middle of the mass of skin. She didn’t miss it and the next thing I saw was a slow motion expose of her crotch. It only lasted for a few seconds but it was ’stirring’, for sure. She pulled her skirt back down but the sly grin on her face never changed. Then we ate and returned to our respective jobs with me definitely in a good mood. I hadn't been at my desk but for a few minutes when I got a call from her telling me that she'd forgotten to give me the paperwork on the transaction. She said she was leaving early that day and would try to drop it off on her way home. When she did she slid it between the vestibule doors and when Mike was letting the employees out at 5pm he found it and gave it to me when I left. I just put it in my briefcase and headed for my car.

With the temperature returning to somewhat normal I found when I got home that Elle’s schedule had also returned to normal. Sailing lessons for the older girls in the morning and an afternoon hitting some tennis balls with Aurelia. Martha had wanted to do it with Elle but she’d broken her glasses and didn’t feel comfortable without them. Auriela was part of the “group” that we'd been involved in after buying the house but there hadn’t been much activity with them in quite a while. Both Jean and Anne, our two oldest, were friends with Aurelia’s two oldest so it was a chance to get caught up. Elle hadn’t done anything with tennis the whole Spring and Summer so wanted to just hit and not play. Aurelia’s husband, Mark, was an orthopedic surgeon and the first one for the area. It was a blessing because anyone needing that type surgery had to travel over 50 miles. He ended up being far busier than expected and Aurelia was looking for things to keep her busy. She’d tried to get a group of women to play serious tennis but there was always something that managed to get in the way. So, with the two of them getting together again, and Martha waiting ‘in the wings’, there was a chance they’d be able to get back to it again. I asked if she’d talked with Coach Bob about swimming lessons for Mattie and the kids and she told me he was supposed to contact her. I remember hoping that something could be worked out. It just seemed a shame that the kids were being denied what should’ve been a great Summer if they’d been allowed access to the beach and swimming.

One thing I’d missed with Elle not playing tennis was seeing her wearing a tennis dress or skirt. It was refreshing to see her in one when I walked into the kitchen. It was always easier to ‘get a feel’ without having to fight my way up the leg openings of her shorts or down from the waist band. I knew I was treading on a sensitive subject when I asked how it had gone… and it wasn’t about the quality of her tennis. I was basically asking, without coming right out about it, what did she wear for panties and if she’d had any ‘problems’. I got a ‘face’ in return as for an answer. She did tell me I should thank her for leaving the dress on… and she was right.

To be continued...


No comments: