Tuesday, August 06, 2019

DEALING WITH THE HEAT... & more (Part 174q)

DEALING WITH THE HEAT… & more (Part 174q)

I really wasn’t looking forward to going to unload the race car after supper. We’d not had any damage and it was a perfect night as far as temperature goes to have fun in the yard with Elle the kids. I was actually thinking of calling Cliffy and begging off for the night. There was nothing pressing to be done other than me spinning out the rod bearings and replacing them. I’d gotten the process down to about two hours so there was plenty of time to get that done before the next race. But, as we finished up eating the phone rang. It was Beth, Cliffy’s wife, saying that he’d been held up at the airport on one of his delivery/pick-up runs and that Dick wouldn’t be there as he had a tractor break down out in the field so it would be Wednesday night. It was perfect. When I told Elle she was so happy she even offered to bake brownies for all of us later on before the girls went to bed.

I did have to plead with Elle not to change out of her tennis dress when we went outside. The only ‘give-up’ I had to make was that there would be no pictures. As usual, we congregated in the front yard and set up some of our yard games. We had no trees there to create interference and we also had the unobstructed view of the sun setting. We played a couple of games before the neighbors, Mattie and Martha, showed up with their kids. That caught Elle by surprise and she was embarrassed to be caught with her panties in clear view. She was bending over picking up some of the game pieces and had been, purposely, giving me an extended view. Our kids were used to seeing Elle’s panties and paid no attention to it. She’d bend over at the waist to pick up the game pieces giving me a very nice view. When she saw the two women she made a dash for the front door leaving me kind of embarrassed for her. When she returned she was wearing shorts so any more peeks from Elle were finished. However, I still enjoyed the time I’d had  before she changed. 

Earlier, I’d been hoping that the women would come over but didn’t want to suggest it. With everything I had going I didn’t get to see them all that much. With six kids, we adults decided to let them play the games with us as spectators. The only trouble with that was someone had to be the referee. I tried to get out of it but was outvoted three to one. As the women talked Elle mentioned making brownies and Martha volunteered to make a batch as well. That left me with the kids and Mattie. She was, as usual, in a short hemmed dress and had taken a seat on the  middle step of the front stoop. At first she had her feet on the ground which pretty much precluded any chance of getting any peeks. Even with that I made sure my gaze swept by her quite often. Patience is a virtue and it came into play after a short while. When Elle came to the front screen door to speak to Mattie she turned to look over her shoulder at Elle I was looking too. Other than the fact that Mattie couldn’t hold a candle to Lynda as far as looks were concerned, she wasn’t unattractive and, panties are panties. I had my second clear crotch peek for the day.

Brownies and milk, even in July, were a welcome treat. When they were all devoured the kids wanted to go out in the backyard where the playhouse was located. That pretty much left me out as I surely didn’t want to listen in as three women talked about their kids. Since we were now out in the back part of the property I saw the garage/shed just waiting for me. Getting the stuff out of the shed portion left me no excuse but to start in on replacing the floor. The hardest part is getting started. When Jay and I’d built the shed we cut some corners when it came to the floor. I grabbed a pry bar and started in. I truly was expecting some resistance but found almost none. The reason was that the 2x4 framing we’d used for the door had pretty much rotted away. To save time we’d just lay them on the lawn that the shed part was built over. The property had a slight grade from the very back of the property towards the road. That meant whenever we had a downpour the rain run-off from the farm just ran across the lawn towards the garage… soaked into the ground and pretty much kept those 2x4’s wet all the time. So, when I went to pry one of the 4’ by 8’ sheets of plywood up there was little resistance. Surprised, I managed to get all the flooring out in short order. As I finished up I noticed Martha over by the clothes line. Elle had some of her clothes hanging there including a couple of panties. I saw her touching them and wondered what she was doing. Elle and Mattie were putting the toys back inside the playhouse so Elle was unaware of what she was doing. I could see the panties were the Sans Soucie ones. It only took a few seconds to realize that she had seen the unique style of the panties. The crotch didn’t have the usual ‘half moon’ crotch. It was more of a diamond shape with a different treatment around the leg openings. I stood just inside the garage observing her. I thought it was funny. I had a brief thought about popping out and surprising her but reason won out and I didn’t.

I waited until Elle and Mattie had finished up with the playhouse before rejoining them. By then the sun was down and it was starting to get dark. As the two women gathered their kids and started for the opening in the hedge I saw Martha take Elle aside. By then I’d stacked all the salvageable wood from the floor against the shed. I’d had enough ‘hard labor’ and was ready for some down time in my recliner. I walked past the two of them and watched as they both stopped talking. I wondered what that was all about as I went inside and washed up. I could see them still talking through the open bathroom window. I couldn’t wait to hear what their conversation was about.

I knew it would be like pulling teeth to get Elle to tell me. It took a reminder of our upcoming Bermuda trip to get her started. She finally gave in and said Martha had asked her about her incontinence. After Martha’s drunken ‘accident’ the previous weekend Martha had been so embarrassed she went back to the city rather than face Elle and I. When she returned and was apologizing to Elle, Elle felt that it would be appropriate to tell her about it. Elle was very reticent about telling me just what she had told her but I’d gathered it hadn’t been too much. Elle said Martha asked her a few questions but she needed some time to fully answer. I wasn’t getting anywhere with this conversation so changed the subject by telling her that I’d seen her ‘inspecting’ her panties. I expected to get some sort of reaction from her but didn’t. What it did was to have Elle ask me if we had any more of the same kind. I can say that hearing that almost took my breath away.

To be continued…

No comments: