Sunday, June 29, 2008

SIGNS OF SPRING... and better times (Part 32d)

It was going to be hard to tell Elle. I decided that the best time to do it was at her sorority picnic and that was two weeks before final exams. When we’d attended the year before we’d had a good time. I’d posted at the SU (Student Union) looking for a ride on Friday and, for once, had a response. The good thing about arriving a day early (Friday) was that we spent our time together studying, getting that out of the way. As a “sister” Elle had had a hand in planning some of the activities for the day and I had to help her get everything together before we left. Since we didn’t have a car we had to depend on others to get us to the site, about an hour away. With everything that was going on Elle didn’t make a trip inside before we left. I remember noting it but I also didn’t mention it to her either.

Traditionally, the picnic was held at a State park just outside another college town. It was on a lake and had nice flat picnic grounds. At the last minute it was discovered that there was some sort of local celebration that was going to take place and included the park. A “scout” team left the sorority very early to stake out an area before the “locals” started showing up. When we got there we discovered that we were going to be about as far away from the rest rooms as was possible. It turned out that it was to be that area or we would have to fit in where we could. No one was happy about it but those running the affair felt it was our only choice. Because we were so far from the center of the park and the parking lots and had all our equipment and food to move, the officials let us make one trip over the lawn to our designated area with the car. The car they chose to move the things was the one Elle and I were in and they just loaded all the stuff in on top of us. It was pretty funny at the time. When we arrived at our space we unloaded everything and sent the driver back. He was well on his way when Elle realized that she should have gone with him to use the toilet. I noticed the “look” on Elle’s face and asked if she was OK. There were only five of us there and I was the only guy. She gave me a weak smile and said something about it being her own fault. We were right at the Northernmost point of the park grounds and there were trees right there. Common sense said to just go into the woods, pull down her shorts and panties and to go. But, when I suggested it to Elle she just shook her head... stubborn right to the bitter end. She took a few steps into the brush and I saw her squat down. I actually saw her undoing the belt on her bermuda shorts and thought she was going to finally overcome her silly fear. But I was wrong.

When she stepped back onto the grass she immediately said she was headed for the restrooms. I asked why and she said she need to change. If she’d pulled her shorts and panties down like I thought she’d done there wasn’t any reason for her to change. But she had only pulled down her shorts and wanted to go change her panties. That didn’t make any sense to me because by the time she would get to the restrooms her shorts would be wet from her panties. I explained it to her and when I assured that no one else could see the little bit of wetness she sort of agreed. Her shorts were mostly white with light blue vertical stripes and the only reason I could see it was because was looking for it. I told her to just stay busy and she’d be dry in a short time. I’ll admit that knowing that her pants and panties were damp had me with a soft bulge.

She’d brought volleyball nets, a bocce ball set and a few other games for people to play. Of course the guys started a half assed game of football. As I remember it, the rules were somewhere between flag football and touch football and the game ended up being more like tackle football. The few gals who had dared to play got mauled. By early afternoon there were quite a few who were showing the signs a few beers to many. Elle’s wet spot had dried and she had actually used the rest rooms by then. We got a chuckle watching the over imbibers navigate as we ate our lunch.

One of the features of this particular park was a waterfall. A bunch of Elle’s friends (all girls) were headed in that direction and asked us if we wanted to go along. We just jumped up from where we were sitting and followed along. There was a winding path along side a stream that we had to follow to get to the falls. I know I thought it was closer that it turned out to be. One of Elle’s friends, Lois, was always teasing us. It didn’t bother Elle that much but after a while it started to get to me. I think it was when I asked how much further and she came back with some smart remark that I finally “snapped”. She was only a little over 5 feet tall and quite petite so when I snuck up behind her I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. I started walking out into the stream, shoes and all. She was screaming and beating on my back. It was my intention to threaten to drop her into one of the small natural pools that made up the bed of the stream. I didn’t really want to get her wet but I did want to get her attention. As I was about to lower her , head first, down into the cold water she started to really squirm and twist. I honestly didn’t know she was afraid of the water. (As I found out later, she’d almost drowned as a toddler and been afraid ever since) I couldn't stop her and she started falling. I held onto her legs as tightly as I could but, somehow, she slid right out of her pants. As she was on her way down she grabbed the waistband of my pants. When she did I knew we were both going to fall into the water. But, in my effort to keep myself from falling I used one of my hands to brace my fall and, in so doing let Lois go. Fortunately, she fell on top of me and didn’t hurt much more than her pride. I ended up being almost totally wet and she was only splashed. When I fell I still had her shorts and they were totally wet. I looked up at her and she was sort of sitting on my hip. I could see she was in pink panties. She was still screaming at me but this was for me to give her her pants back. When she got up off me I was able to pull them out from under me. She was now standing in water half way to her knees with only a blouse and her pink panties on. But she was also crying. That’s one thing that, fortunately, Elle hardly ever did and I didn’t know what to say or do. The others, including Elle, were still on the path. Lois took the wet shorts from me, put them on and then stormed off back towards the lake. When I joined them they were all trying to keep from laughing at her. (Elle told me later that they thought it was hilarious and that Lois deserved it) .

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Revenge and a quick peek...nice!