Wednesday, August 20, 2008

MORE SUMMER... and my new life (Part34b)

When we got back to the barn she handed me a pillow case with her clothes. I had to wait until the afternoon when no one was around to do them for fear of being caught. I guess it was because I hadn’t seen much, if any, femininity from her, but I didn’t even think of what might be in the case. There really wasn't all that much. Like I’d noticed, she seemed to wear the same clothes for multiple days. It was when I grabbed the first bra to run through the wringer that I was suddenly reminded that she was a female. When I got to her panties I did a closer look. They were cotton band leg panties like Elle wore but they were much softer. I looked at the tag and was somewhat surprised that the tag read “Carter’s”. They weren’t the heavy type like Elle wore and the size read “Small”. All of Elle’s read either 14 or 16. I was learning something new. Even though they were white they had a dull, grayish look to them. There were only 5 pair and I wondered how many days she wore each pair. I checked out the crotch and there was definitely a yellowish tinge to the middle of each one. I decided that maybe I should take more of an interest in her, at least as far as panties were concerned. Later, even though I’d handled all 5 pair of her panties, I still got a kick out of seeing them blowing in the wind as they dried on the wash line.

I ended up going to the races as a helper with one of our horses that was stabled on Alida’s side of the barn early on that next week. As I finished up I looked down towards Alida’s horses and, again saw a stall door open. This time I was expecting to see her coming out from inside the stall and I was right. But this time she didn’t have on a shirt. It was just a bra and panties. I know she didn’t see me which made me glad. (OK... I need to explain something here. At this particular time, the 50’s, there were very few women working with the horses in any capacity. The rest rooms [we called them wash rooms] that the track provided were small and made no provisions for females. They were spread {sparsely} all along the barn area and had 3 toilets with no doors, 3 sinks and 2 shower stalls. Because they were not convenient for three out of four barns, the men would use a stall to pee in [and sometimes, poop] for the convenience of it. Alida chose to do the same because she knew she’d have no privacy anyway) I was probably 30 feet away and actually wished that I’d been able to see her breasts. At that point I made up my mind to stay a little longer on that side of the barn in the future when I was doing my late night check of the horses.

By the end of that week Alida’s horses had each raced twice and they’d not done well. When I did my late night check that Saturday night I found a note for me taped on the stall door of the last horse in our stable. It was from Alida asking me to see her as soon as possible. I figured she was going to ask to borrow more grain. I walked down to the tack room where she was living and, like all of us, she had the door open and a fan on. I knocked and almost immediately I saw her pop up off her cot. It was obvious that she was awake. What I didn’t expect was to see her just panties and bra. There was only ambient light so all I saw was shadows and the difference in color that her underwear against her skin gave off. She wasn’t embarrassed at all and made no effort to cover herself. As my eyes became more accustomed to the darkness I focused more on her breasts than her panties. She actually had something there. She started to say someting a few times but stopped before she’d gotten too far. I could tell she’d been drinking but she didn’t seem drunk. Finally she blurted it out... “I can’t drive worth a damn!” (or something close to that) Then she pressured me to agree with her. I was struggling at this point. Here I was, still a teenager with less than two months of real horse experience and being asked to critique her ability. I didn’t know what to say... so didn’t say anything. She was now sitting on her cot leaning against the wall and I was in her canvas chair facing her. I wasn’t ready for her to lean forward and to grab both my knees but when she did I felt a bit of panic. Then she, in a pleading voice, asked “What should I do?” Talk about pressure! I don’t remember what I said but we sat and talked for a while. I started to get up to go and she stood up as well. With me at 6’1“ and her around 5’2” I was looking down at her and, from that angle I could see she really did have some “form”. She took my hands and, squeezing them, asked one more time what she thought I should do. I don’t know where the idea came from but I asked if she’d thought about having someone else drive her horses. It took a bit of time but she finally said she had but really couldn’t afford it. That puzzled me because I knew that the driver only got 10% of the winnings or a minimum of $20 (at this track). I asked her what she meant and I didn't understand her reasoning. I told her she should at least try to think about it and then left.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Imagine a panty crazed young man being asked to wash a woman's panties for her! :^)

Pantymaven said...

Yea... but remember, she looked more like a man than a woman, was as old as my mother (and looked older) and I was still a little uneasy around her. If it had been Pat's panties I would've been out of my mind! :-)