Wednesday, August 06, 2008

SUMMER... and a whole new life (part 33h)

When I got back from my trip home everything pretty much went back to the way things were before I left. Pat would meet me in the paddock and we’d talk and joke around. The one thing I didn’t do though was to go up to her office after the races. I made excuse after excuse to avoid it. I took some pretty good ribbing from her about it though.

August was coming to a quick end when I heard my name over the loudspeakers in the barn area. I was in the middle of washing one of my horses and had to wait until I was finished to be able to respond to it. Pat had called and left a message that something was wrong with her car and she was stuck in the next town to the West of the racetrack. (I’d told her about my race cars so she immediately thought of me.) I called the number she’d left but she was no longer there. As soon as I could get free I drove to where she’d left the car. I went into the store she’d been at and the owner had the key. I went out and started it up and it sounded like a cement mixer. There was no doubt in my mind that this was not a minor problem. As I sat in the car trying to decide what to do I noticed a pile of clothes in the back seat. I could see the store owner standing in the doorway looking at me so there was no chance to go exploring, at least right then and there.

Right outside the gate at the racetrack was a service garage. I’d had some work done on my car so knew they had a tow truck. I got the phone number for them and gave a call. I didn’t know the phone number for the house where Pat lived so couldn’t call her to see if it was OK to tow it but figured there wasn’t any other choice. I thought it would be a good idea to put her clothes in my car before they picked it up just to be sure she got them... and also give me an opportunity to ”inspect“ them.

And inspect them I did. As soon as her car was picked up I drove to an empty gas station and pulled in. When Pat had folded the clothes it was obvious that she hadn’t sorted them first. There was no rhyme or reason to what I was finding as I made my way through the pile. It was made up mostly of khaki pants and white sleeveless blouses, or, what constituted her ”uniform. The dress that she’d worn that day at the lake was also there. I was somewhat disappointed in that I only found three panties. but they did get a thorough “inspection”.

All three were made by Kayser and were size 6. That made sense since Elle wore a size 5 and had a smaller frame. They all had a fairly large crotch both from front to back but also side to side. They had a tunnel elastic waistband which meant they were well made. One of the three was pale pink and I figured that they were the ones she’d also worn that day at the lake. One pair was really fancy with lace around the leg openings. It surprised me because, other than that one day at the lake, I’d never seen any femininity about Pat. Not that she looked like a boy but she just didn’t go out of her way to look feminine. As I looked at the panties I tried visualizing her wearing them with her hair down. I knew I would have liked to have seen it in real life!.

I collected some other details about her as well. Her bra size was a 36B and the pants were a size 12. I knew that Elle wore size 10 pants and wore a 34B bra. As I started driving back to the track I kept comparing the two girls and their sizes. It made me want to see Elle again and I knew it was less that two weeks until I did.

I had to go past the house where Pat roomed and pulled in hoping that she would be there. Pat had said that the lady who owned the house had three families staying there and, as I stopped I saw a lady with two little children. I asked if she knew Pat and was directed to the second floor and the room in the front of the house. I took the laundry and went upstairs. When I knocked, sure enough, Pat answered. It was a large room with a bed, desk, rocking chair, a chest of drawers and a bureau with a large mirror. I also saw a table that held a toaster oven and a hot plate. The only thing she didn’t have was running water. I brought her up to date on the car and, as could be expected, she was quite upset. She asked what I thought was wrong with it and, trying not to be pessimistic, I told her that it could be any number of things. I noticed that it was almost time for me to be back to the barn for feeding time and I asked her if she wanted a ride. Even though it was a bit early for her she took me up on it. It seemed like she was in a trance. She was wearing shorts and, almost without thinking, she grabbed a pair of kakhi’s from the top of the pile of laundry and proceeded to step out of her shorts and into the trousers. It was like I wasn’t there. I got a decent look but really couldn’t appreciate it. (6).

Since we had to go right by the garage where her car had been towed I stopped so she could find out how bad the damage was. Vet, the owner, (I never did find out what his real name was) came out and, almost cruelly, asked Pat why she ran the car without oil. I’m sure Pat had no idea what he was talking about. When she didn’t answer he told her that the motor was ruined. I heard her let out a little cry when she heard it. Vet didn’t let up on her at all and asked, almost demanded, what she wanted to do. Pat was speechless. I butted in and asked what the options were. Knowing a little bit about motors from my racecar I knew it wouldn’t be cheap. I had no idea what Pat made in the way of money but, based upon the fact that I’d invested about $300 to buy my car (and I knew it was worth more) I was shocked when told it would cost about that same amount. But Vet didn’t stop there. He said he could probably find a motor from a junk yard and install it for between $200 and $250 and it would be ready Tuesday afternoon. I knew Pat was supposed to leave on Sunday because she had to start classes on Wednesday and, without the car she couldn’t. do it. I, immediately, felt sorry for her and wished there was something I could do.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

I cringe at the thought of those engine parts grinding to a halt from the friction!