Tuesday, December 09, 2008

AUTUMN... anything but dull (Part 38a)

When I was young I remember how long the week before Christmas seemed to take. That next week was just like that. Classes took forever to get over. Trying to study was a waste because all I’d do was fantasize the way I hoped the weekend would be like. The only thing that took my mind off of it was harassing the pledges. With “Hell Week” to start at 6pm on Sunday, right after Fall party weekend ended, it seemed like a good idea. The pledge master was a bit slack in keeping them on their toes and I, along with the “Unholy Alliance, decided to ratchet things up with them. As long as I was busy with them I wasn’t thinking about Elle and the upcoming weekend.

My focus continued to be on the three pledges that I described in a prior part but I was definitely involved with the others as well. Each night, Monday through Thursday, we ran them ragged. I’m not sure which night it was but it was a memorable one as far as the hazing went. We had decided not to send them out on a forced march but to just get in their faces, all night long. I won’t waste time describing the specifics but suffice it to say that we really got their attention. Some of the ”looks“ we got were deadly. We just laughed.

I continued to deliver the pies for Mrs T and Joanne. When I told Mrs T that Elle wasn’t coming for the weekend she was disappointed. She’d offered to have Elle stay with them so I wouldn’t have to move from my room which I thought was really nice. I hated telling her and I also didn’t relish telling her that I wouldn’t be delivering the pies for the weekend. She wanted to know what I was up to and I came up with some lame excuse.

I think the only reason I got any sleep on Thursday night was that I was probably half drunk. I know that I was so excited to get to Elle on Friday that I cut my afternoon class. On the drive over to her school I began to have second thoughts about that. I coveted my three cuts to use in an ”emergency“ and this was certainly no emergency. I’d be to Elle’s almost an hour before she would be done with her last class.

Being early meant that I’d have to find a place to park while waiting for her. Since the town put a 15 minute parking restriction on the street the sorority was on it had become very difficult to find a parking place. On a couple of nights I'd used the side street that led up to the main campus. It was a one way street with houses only on the right hand side. There were usually a few spaces available on the left side so I headed there. When I used that area in the past it was before all the leaves had fallen off the trees. As I walked down the hill I stopped at the top of some steps. I couldn’t remember if I’d really paid any attention to them in the past but I stopped and looked down the hill. Through the bare tree limbs I could see a garage and a clothes line. There were some clothes on the line but I couldn’t see just what they were. I did know that the property of the houses on the main drag went all the way back to the hill I was on, even Elle’s sorority. But these stairs, about 30 or so steps, led into the back yard of one of them. The question was, which one?

As I continued down the hill to the street I tried counting the number of houses I could see through the bare trees. Once on the street I counted them back. The house with the stairs was one of the sororities. A very interesting discovery!

I met Elle as she walked up to the sorority. She could see that I was hyper and sort of laughed. My continuing fantasy, all week long, was that we would spend most of our ”study time“ in our underwear. Of course I hadn’t mentioned it to Elle. I wanted to make sure that she packed plenty of panties but didn't know how to broach the subject. I hadn’t given any thought to the fact that, with her ”problem“, she’d have to pack plenty of them just to sleep in. So, I ended up embarrassing myself by mentioning it to her. She gave me another of ”those“ looks that I hated. Just as she was about to go inside I, with a plaintive plea, asked her to pack some extra nylon ones. Another ”look“.

I hadn’t discussed where we were going with Elle because I hadn’t decided myself. I knew we would head South. The nearest city was about 30 minutes away but it was another college town and I wanted to go somewhere where there was no chance of anyone we knew seeing us. Another option was a city right at the state line. The problem with that was that Elle’s school was a state school and about 95% of the students lived within the state. Because it was so close to both our schools I had some serious doubts about it but headed that way anyway. We talked about it and when we got to the city limits we stopped so Elle could use the bathroom. Then we rode around a bit and decided to continue on. I didn’t have a road map for the next state so just stayed on the same route. It was about an hour later that we came to the outskirts of another city. We drove past a nice looking motel but drove on a bit further. Not seeing anything nicer I turned around.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

Tease! ;^) Can't wait to read more about what was hinted at in this post. Sorry to hear about your back, hope it gets better soon.