Friday, August 21, 2009

MARRIED... and facing the Real World (Part 47a)

The next morning I sure didn’t feel like I was married. I was in an upper bunk at the fraternity house listening to a bunch of guys making a lot of noise. But there was one thing that I knew I had to do and that was to change some of my priorities. Money was and remained the number one priority. That was tough enough when all I had to do was to provide for myself. But the biggest change that I had to make was to concentrate on my studies. To be able to graduate on time I knew I would have to take a loan from the school. There was one basic rule for eligibility and that was you had to have at least a 2.0 grade point average. My tuition had been paid for the Fall semester but I knew that all help from my parents would end the minute my parents knew Elle and I were married. I’d been trying to do more studying but it had been hard while working both the mornings and nights. But, now my work was only at night so I knew I’d have to force myself to use my mornings wisely. I also knew it would be difficult. I had a pretty good time for my first three years and old habits are hard to break. As I got dressed I vowed that I would start on this day.

That night I knew that Clyde would be waiting to tease me at the track based on some of his comments when Elle and I left Doc Z’s the night before. I wasn’t wrong. He did use some discretion in that he only did it when we were alone. Even so, it was still uncomfortable for me.

It was Wednesday night that AJ sort of blindsided me. He had two horses racing that night and one was owned by his new owner. He told me that he wanted me to take the horse to the paddock (where the horses are kept before they race) and take care of him for the the night. I wasn’t happy because I was to be paid $5 for each horse I warmed up and AJ had three horses racing that night. Taking a horse to the paddock only paid $10. It wasn’t just the money because I felt that AJ didn’t trust me with the new owner’s horse. I kept my mouth shut and it paid off as the horse won and the owner gave me an extra $20. I decided I liked the man right then and there.

Friday night Clyde, who hadn’t had a good year racing, came up to me and told me he thought he could win with the horse he had in the second race. AJ had a horse in the first race and I honestly thought it could win. Clyde was confident enough to bet $10 on his own horse which was good enough for me. I sent over a $2 bet on both the horses for the daily double as well as $5 on each of the hoses to win. I rationalized it by telling myself that I was using “found money”. Long story short, I ended up with almost $100.

In spite of knowing that I should be saving as much money as possible I immediately hatched a plan to have a mini honeymoon. Without telling Elle about my good fortune I told her I would be over to pick her up Saturday after her classes and told her to pack things for overnight. That was all I told her. As AJ only had one horse racing that Saturday night I asked if I could have the night off. Since he was only paying me out of guilt for letting me go early, he had no problem with it, and I was only giving up $5. I couldn’t wait for the next day.

Weather in that part of the country can really be beautiful in the Fall and it sure was that day. We had a happy and joyful reunion and it was rather obvious what was on both our minds. Because we were out in front of the sorority it didn’t go very far. When we started out Elle was quickly aware that we weren’t headed down the road to the track but I wouldn’t tell her where we were going. Some people are totally ignorant of direction (East/West etc.) and Elle was one of those. We were headed due West, right into the setting sun. Other than stopping for a toilet break for Elle, we drove straight through to Buffalo.

My roommate was from that area and before I left I had asked him where there was a place that had good food at reasonable prices. He didn’t know but called his parents and got me one. I checked in at a triple A motel and Elle and I proceeded to get to know each other all over again. Then, after a short nap we got dressed and headed out to eat. I got the directions at the desk and quickly found it. I don’t know how long it had been since I’d had steak but this place had a special that looked appealing. Maybe it’s because of the euphoria of the moment but it ranks as one of the best I’ve ever eaten. Back at the room we never turned on the TV. Elle never admitted that it was on purpose but when we undressed her panties were wet which led to some very enjoyable foreplay (at least for me). The “afterplay“ was also pretty enjoyable.

Elle, in her rush to pack and to be ready for me, forgot her alarm clocks that she used to wake herself to use the toilet during the night. We set the room clock and Elle heard it and made it to the toilet in time. But I never heard the alarm, or her, so the alarm wasn’t set again. I woke up to find myself snuggled into a very wet Elle and bed. Instead of being upset I turned it into something pleasant. The room was very warm so I just stripped Elle’s wet pajama top off and we took up where we’d left off the night before.

Showering was fun. It brought back the memory of the first time we’d gone off alone together but with one big change. Elle was no longer as shy being naked... up to a point. As soon as she was dry she did put on a pair of nylon panties and her bra. In that mode of dress she was very comfortable. That was fine with me.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful way to start a marriage!

-Badside