Monday, October 26, 2009

MARRIED... Winter woes (Part 49c)

From this point on up to Spring break I’m unable to put things down in a time line. There were any number of interesting (at least to me) things that happened but there was just so much going on in our lives that I can’t remember what came first, second or last. So, what I’m going to do is list things by category (ie; Trailer Park; School; living with the T’s, etc.) and try to put down what I can remember happening during those seven weeks.
======================

>Trailer Park...
All the Winters had been “tough” as compared to what they were like at home. However, up to this point this Winter had been relatively “calm” with the exception of the big snow (which we’d missed by being home at Christmas) and the New Year’s Eve ice storm. All the snow we’d seen had been manageable but that was about to change. We had a 30+ day period where we had measurable snow every day. I don’t remember any overly big snows but we did have one honest to goodness blizzard. Most people don’t know that a blizzard isn’t the amount of snow but is determined by how hard the wind is blowing when it is snowing. I wasn’t there at the time but I saw the results when I finally got home. With the trailer park being on a hill it was severely affected by drifts that were created during the storm. The drift across the front of my trailer was at least five feet high. I could see just the top of it and the one next to us (closer to the road) was just about buried and there was no where to park the car. Josh had made a path so Elle could get in and out of the trailer and that was it.

There was also a 4 or 5 day period in which the temperature never got above a single digit. Any number of residents had their water line freeze. When Harry had set us up he really did a good job with the electric heat tape that he wrapped around our water line. We became a source of water for a few of the other residents. But the real damage from the cold was in that the water pipe burst in the room in the back of the old service station that housed the washing machine that we all used. Not only that but residual water in the tub and pump of the machine also froze and pretty much ruined it. We all complained bitterly about the loss of the machine and, much to the surprise of everybody, the owner decided to upgrade the room and to replace the machine. He also added a dryer but he made both the new machines coin operated which was not very popular. During that time we all had to use the laundromat down town. Because of the college there was never a good time to go there. It closed at 10pm and wasn’t well maintained. Elle stuck me with laundry detail for the weeks that the park’s wash room was inoperable. I hated the thought of doing it because I could only do it on a Friday night. Then I’d have to wait to get a machine and wait for it to be done. Even though I’d never had a problem with embarrassment when going into the lingerie department at stores I did have one in this situation. I was the only male in the place and I had a lot of Elle’s panties to wash plus her bras. My first visit was very frustrating. There was no place to hide from the girls and they would walk in and see me and then giggle. I did notice that by 9pm business had slowed down. I vowed to come back at a much later time the next week. That turned out to be a very good move. My wash was just about finished and there was no one there when I discovered the “Lost & Found” box. There were mostly a collection of ratty old socks in there but with nothing else to do I rooted through the whole mess and found a couple of panties. I didn’t dare take much of look at them as the there were two big glass windows and people walking by would often peer in. I balled them up in my hands and stuffed them into my pants pockets. I couldn’t wait to get into the car and see what I'd "won".

The first pair was a disappointment. The elastics were shot and the tag was washed out. The other pair had a really nice feel to them but they had no label. Even with that I was excited. They looked to be about Elle’s size and were more opaque than Elle’s nylon panties were. They also had a distinctive waist elastic and a very wide crotch. I kept feeling the material and knew that somehow, some way I wanted to find panties with just that feel. I ended up hiding them under the front seat of the car.

To be continued...

No comments: