Saturday, February 13, 2010

WORKING... and the reality of it (Part 52b)

When it was time to go to the track Carol went back to the car. We were close enough to the track to walk and I wondered why she did. When she rejoined us she had on a skirt. I remember wishing that I’d been able to watch her change. We all went into the paddock and met the man who was training the horse. Andy got permission to warm him up and put his driving colors on. (Rules required that once the track opened to the public anyone on the racetrack had to have on their race colors) We all waited to hear his opinion and it was positive. From there we all went to the clubhouse to meet the man who still owned the horse. The deal was that even if Andy’s owner did want to buy the horse it wouldn’t be until after the race. The prospective owner was really excited and, as it worked out, the horse won and he agreed to buy the horse. We were all excited, especially Andy but soon after the race was over Andy, Carol and I left.

Carol got in the back seat and, as she had a small pillow, proceeded to lay out on it. I was the driver and had hoped that Andy would be able to help me stay awake. I figured that we’d be back around 1am which wasn’t all that bad. If I had a horse racing in the last race that would be the time I’d arrive home anyway. The first hour wasn’t bad but Andy fell asleep soon after. The highway was straight and boring which wasn’t helping me. I wasn’t used to the dashboard and when I finally located the gas gauge what it read woke me up, for sure. I hadn’t been paying attention for the the exit signs which, quite conveniently, told how many miles until the next one. I was in a panic because the needle was on empty. There were very few cars on the road and I could envision being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Our luck held out because an exit appeared within minutes. As I pulled into the gas station I looked back at Carol. What I saw almost made me hit the gas pumps. Carol was lying on her side with her back to the front seat. Somehow she had managed to roll over with her skirt caught up under her. What I saw was a white pantied bottom. There wasn’t much light but I knew what I had seen. After stopping the car I turned around to take a good look. Fortunately Andy and Carol stayed asleep. The light from the gas pump island let me get a real good look and I couldn’t believe what I saw. There was no mistaking the fact that I saw two very distinct crotch lines... she was wearing two pair of panties. The attendant (they still pumped your gas in those days!) startled me and also woke Andy and Carol up. She, immediately, rolled over and pulled her skirt back into place. Andy and I decided to visit the rest room and I asked Andy if Carol wanted to go. He shook his head and said it would be better to let her sleep.

When we returned to the car Carol had turned over and was now facing the front of the car. No more ”free show“. I had no trouble staying awake on the last part of the trip thinking of the wonderful sight I’d just witnessed. Of course my main thought was on why Carol was wearing two panties. It wasn’t that I’d never seen it before as Elle was now into wearing two pair but I wondered why Carol was. I knew there was no way for me to find the answer but I still couldn’t help wondering why.

Back at the track I parked in front of Andy’s and walked home Elle (and the baby) were asleep which meant no ”snuggling“. But I was really tired and didn’t hear her get up to feed the baby so missed out again. When I got up I remembered that I’d left the racing program in Carol’s car. On my way over to the barn I decided to go check the car and sure enough it was lying on the front seat. The windows were still down so all I had to do was reach in to get it. As I backed my head back out I took a quick peek to the back of the trailer. I could see part of the clothes line and I saw what appeared to be the skirt that Carol had been wearing the night before. Started towards the back and after on a few steps I saw two pair of white panties hanging right next to the skirt. I was puzzled. Why would she, at 1am, wash out the clothes she’d just been wearing? I headed off to work scratching my head.

One thing that Carol had told both Elle and I was that anytime that we had a question about the baby or she seemed to be ill to come down and get her. She had two years working in the pediatric section of a large Toronto hospital. It was shortly after my trip with Andy and Carol that Elle found the baby to be very fussy and not interested in her usual feeding. After I’d gone off to work she carried the baby down to Carol’s trailer. She told Elle that it wasn’t that uncommon for a baby to reject an occasional feeding and that, absent a fever, just carry on as she had been doing.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Still reading and loving your story.
Sounds like Carol has the same problem as Elle.

Pantymaven said...

Good to hear from you again OB!