Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WORKING... and the reality of it (Part 52c)

Later that day (actually it was night and she was headed off for work) Carol stopped by our trailer to check on how the baby was doing. Elle had been asleep and when she got up to feed the baby was only wearing a T shirt and her panties. She was sitting in the living room and because it was very warm and humid all the doors and windows were open. When Carol knocked the only light was from the kitchen and for Elle to get to the bedroom from where she was sitting she had to go past the open door and into the lighted kitchen. There was no way for Carol not to know Elle was there as the windows were open. Elle told me that she didn’t know what to do but to invite her in. She was hoping that by having the baby across her lap Carol wouldn’t be able to see how she was dressed. They chatted for a few minutes but just before Carol was about to leave Elle felt herself ”leaking“. She was sitting in an upholstered chair and, in spite of Carol being there, got up. As she did she felt herself continuing to pee. Carrying the baby she rushed into the bathroom and sat on the toilet. (I would’ve loved to have seen the look on Carol’s face.) Carol called in to Elle asking if she was OK. It was about then that the baby decided to start crying. Again, Carol called in to Elle and this time she asked if she could help by coming in to get the baby. When Elle, who told me she was embarrassed beyond belief, didn’t answer and when she didn’t Carol came to the door. There was Elle, sitting on the toilet in her panties, holding a crying baby. I really would’ve like to have known what was going through Carol’s mind at that moment.

Carol ended up getting the baby and Elle got washed up and changed. When Elle reappeared, dressed, Carol was all apologetic for dropping by without letting her know she was coming. Elle told me that Carol seemed to be as embarrassed as she was. But then, in an effort to make Elle feel better, she admitted that, even at her age, was still wetting her bed and after she did Elle thought she was now more embarrassed. Elle said that she felt she should tell Carol her about her wetting situation to make her feel better. At this point I was hard as a rock and trying not to smile. It was like listening to a perverted game of "Can you Top This?" At the end Carol ended up admitting that she also had a ”dribble“ problem. When Elle told me all about Carol’s visit she told me she didn’t know whether to believe her or not. I will tell you that I had a hard time hiding my bulge from Elle as she recounted Carol's visit. When I got into bed I tried to get Elle "interested" but it was to no avail.

So, in bed, I couldn’t stop thinking about what Carol had told Elle. As I thought about it I came up with possible scenarios for a couple of the questions that I’d had about Carol. The ”dribble“ problem would certainly explain the stains in her panties. As someone who still wet the bed at night it was certainly possible that she had wet herself while asleep on the trip back from the other track. And, in spite of the hour, it was certainly reasonable for to her have rinsed out her wet clothes upon returning home that night. Whether it was true or not didn’t matter. I had answers that satisfied me. One thing I do remember about that night was that I knew I’d have to make some more clandestine visits to her clothes line.

By August I had a completely different perspective as to my ”work“. Even though I was employed by AJ, I had been getting more and more frustrated with some of the decisions that he’d been making. Granted, he had 20+ years of experience in the business and, cumulatively, I had about 9 months. But, he didn’t seem to be using common sense in making some of those decisions. In an effort to be helpful I questioned him about a couple and got a verbal blast back for my good intentions. After that things got fairly ”cool” between us. I’d driven in only a few races and that was part of my frustration.

My friend Clyde, who had been working for Harry, had gotten frustrated and quit, moving his four horses from the Fairgrounds area up to the main barn area. For Harry, it was poor timing as he was about to racing his two and three year old colts on the County Fair circuit. (It would take too long to fully explain that whole process. In essence, over a six week time period there were six county fairs that sponsored harness racing and featured horses bred in State. The purses [the $ paid out to the winners] were for more money than those same horses would race for at the track we were at.) For Harry it meant a lot of traveling and the potential of not being back in time for the night races as the the Fair races were held in the afternoon. Harry had expected Clyde to fill in for him when there were conflicts but that was no longer possible. If you remember back to when I was working for Harry on Saturdays during the Winter I had mentioned his nephew, Levi. When Clyde left him, Harry had no real choice but to accelerate Levi’s learning curve. Basically, he was doing what I had done that first Summer I worked for AJ. In any case, Harry had been asking a variety of different drivers to race his horses when he couldn’t make it back in time.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

I can imagine the thoughts in your head as Elle told you about her visit!