Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ALMOST SETTLED... and happy too (Part 62b)

One of the first couples we met when we arrived at the park was Jim and Dina. Jim was another really nice guy. I found Dina to be a bit ”distant“ but Elle liked her and my oldest liked her oldest daughter, Dora, and always wanted to go over to her yard to play. Dora and her sister had a lot more toys that my kids so I’m sure that was part of the attraction. Both Elle and Dina had made half hearted attempts at toilet training the oldest kids. Dora was about 6 or 7 months older than my oldest (I don’t think I’ve ever used her name... Jean) and was approaching 3 years of age. I remember Elle making a comment or two to me that she thought that Dora was a little ”slow”.

I remember Jean would walk up to Elle and say “potty” and then walk away. What she was really doing was saying that she’d gone potty... in her panties. Elle just couldn’t get her to tell her when she needed to go. Another thing was the fact that we had one of those shallow plastic pools that I’d salvaged when one family had moved from the park. Elle never let Jean or any other kids use it when she wasn’t present, making sure she emptied it whenever she went inside. But Jean would usually stay in her wet bathing suit and stay out side playing. So, to her, a pair of peed in panties was about the same as being in a wet bathing suit. Elle had to make sure she was diapered when in the trailer or when we went anywhere outside the park. One evening we went over to visit with Jim and Dina and were sitting in the yard watching the kids playing. I happened to watch Dora get up from where she was playing and just stand there and pee through her clothes and then just sit back down and continue what she’d been doing. Jean, who was right next to her did the exact same thing. I wanted to call her over to tell her that wasn’t the right thing to do but Elle, who had also observed the same thing, motioned for me to keep my mouth closed not wanting to embarrass Dina and Jim. I knew that talking to Jean later would do no good so just kept it to myself but was a bit concerned.

In talking to Jim I discovered that his cousin was a race car driver at the local track. I knew his name and remembered that he’d started racing right at the time I “sold” (HA!) my car to my brother. Jim wanted me to go to the races but I was sort of committed to the parties put on by the guys I raced my sailboat with AND, the fact that Elle was really happy that I hadn’t renewed my interest in car racing. But, the seed had been planted.

My daily routine had me starting every day at the community hall making sure that it had been cleaned up properly and collecting the trash. I also had to get the quarters from the washing machines and make sure that they were working. There were only two and they were constantly in use and it was obvious that they were worn out. The big complaint, starting with Elle and her friends, was that the clothes would come out almost dripping. The spin cycle wouldn’t get all the water out. Ben hated to call for service on them but hated the ladies bitching at him even more so, about once a week he would. One day I happened to be at the hall when the service man was there. After chatting with him for a few minutes I found that his father and mine had gone to school together. Once we had that commonality established he candidly told me that the owners were wasting money trying to keep the machines going. One problem was that they were not made for heavy use. He told me the main problem was that they were being overloaded with clothes and that caused the belt that turned the tub to slip and eventually break. Being somewhat inquisitive I asked if I could watch him do the repair. He had no problem with that and I saw it was fairly easy to adjust or change a belt once you got the machine away from the wall. I even talked him into leaving few belts behind for future use.

Initially, I had envisioned finding a panty treasure or two when checking on the machines. What I found in the lost and found box was mostly little kids clothes and mismatched socks. Every morning there were always a few stray pieces to add to the box. On this one morning I found a machine filled with water and clothes. There was a way for me to short circuit the coin box and when I did the motor ran but the tub didn’t turn. I knew what the problem was... a broken belt. I did have a replacement but I had to move the machine out from the wall. Easier said than done. Like the machine in the trailer that I’d worked on, I had to empty the tub of both clothes and water to get it out far enough to get under it. It was not the way I wanted to start my day. With the other machine right there, and empty, I started pulling the wet clothes out and into it. It only took a few handfuls to get my attention. As I dropped what I had in my hand I recognized a ladies blouse as belonging to Mac’s wife, Elise. I remember thinking that at least it didn’t belong to some golden ager in the park. With that knowledge I started to do a little sorting as I went through the transfer. It took a while but in one handful I found three pair of panties and a bra. As I’ve mentioned before, wet nylon was a turn on for me and just having those panties in my hand started a bulge. I tried to put them to the side inside the tub to go back later to inspect them closely. By the time the clothes were transferred one of the residents had showed up to do her wash. I was a little upset that I had to move the clothes again and up onto the folding bench and when I did I dropped a pair of the panties (not intentionally) on the floor. I actually kicked them under the bench as I went back to the broken machine. After draining the water from the tub and replacing the belt I put the clothes back in the machine and put them through the spin cycle. I didn’t dare take a look at the panties when I did nor did I fetch the panties that were still under the bench as the lady was still there. So, reluctantly, I left and went on to my other chores.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the panties were still there later. Kids sure can learn all the wrong things from other kids. I've heard of more than one kid who was de-potty trained by those circumstances.

oldblue said...

The ideal work for a panty lover.