Monday, February 14, 2011

A BRIGHT FUTURE... busy but happy (Part 68g)

I felt guilty about ”pushing“ Lance for the money he still owed me on the old trailer. I’d hoped that with Judy working that he’d start to send a few dollars my way. But, ever the entrepreneur, he’d been putting money away to buy another car to fix up and sell. He promised that I’d have my money by the time the baby came. I wasn’t so sure about that but there wasn’t much I could do but wait. So, I was quite surprised when he came knocking on my door one night. He told me he had a ”deal“ for me. That "news" didn’t thrill me at all.

Another one of his Air Force buddies had been transferred to Greenland. He’d tried to sell his car but couldn’t find a buyer. The guy was desperate and even though Lance didn’t have any money, told him that he’d sell the car for him. I think the amount was like $250. In any case, Lance felt that if he put new tires on it and cleaned it up with a wax job he could get over $400 for it. His problem was that he didn’t have the money for the tires and wanted me to buy them. Then, when he sold the car I’d get everything over the $250. I’d just obtained my first credit card and it was from Sears. I don’t remember the limit on it but it was enough to buy four cheap tires so we headed downtown to get them. Long story short, Lance was right about what he could get for a ”clean” car and his profit after paying me for the tires was around $40. That meant that he’d sold the car for more than $100 over what the guy wanted. I stored that information in the back of my mind for future use.

With the late nights and weekend work I’d not seen much of Jim, Andy or Mac. Elle saw their wives fairly often and they kept pushing her to get me to get together socially with all of them. Andy was off bowling most weekends but towards the end of February he had a free weekend so we all decided to get together. It ended up being at the local bowling alley. Because Andy bowled there regularly he got to know the owner and was able to wrangle free bowling for all of us. That worked perfectly for me, not that bowling cost all that much. Elle arranged for the older teen (Janelle) that was now living next door to baby sit for us. It was the first time I’d really seen her up close since late in the Summer and I was still impressed. Although very shy, she was quite pretty and had a very nice shape. Even though I only saw her for a few minutes before we left I was really checking her out.

Ironically, Elle and I had repositioned the living room furniture that day. The new TV and the stand that it sat on had been out in the natural traffic flow from the front to the back of the trailer. We determined that the best place for it was in the far corner from where the door was located. In that location you could see it from both chairs as well as the sofa. We were pleased.

We had a good time but, conscious of the cost of the baby sitter, we opted to leave before midnight. When we got home we found Janelle asleep in the chair by the door with the TV still on over in the corner. She was all bundled up in her coat and Elle quickly noticed that the room seemed cold. She shook Janelle awake. I was standing just inside the door when she, startled, jumped up. As she did I couldn’t help but see a dark stain on the seat of her tan pants. Once standing, she quickly turned to face us and appeared to not be just shy but now, nervous. Elle asked about the kids and was assured that they had been good while I figured out just how much I owed her. I handed her the money and Elle told her that I’d walk her home. I remember the look on her face. It was almost panic. She insisted that she was OK to just walk next door but Elle, just as forceful, insisted that I was going to do it. Trying to be polite I opened the door to let her out first. She deferred to me and I waited at the bottom of the steps for her. It only took a minute to get to her door. Once there she climbed the steps sort of sideways and then, at the top, turned to face me. As she turned to step inside I got another glimpse of the dark spot on her butt. That was the confirmation of what I thought I’d see when we first got home. She’d wet herself... and on our new furniture. I was sexually excited but also upset as I walked back home.

As soon as I walked in the door I put my hand on the seat of the chair where she’d been sleeping. Elle asked what I was doing. Before I could answer I had the proof I was looking for. The cushion was damp. It wasn’t noticeable to the eye because the material was a patchwork mix of various fairly dark colors. I explained it to Elle while standing there with a soft bulge in my pants. Hearing it, she was quite upset about it. I told her it was no big deal as she’d probably wet it herself before too long. She did not appreciate that comment, at all, and I paid for it later when in bed.

The trailer was cold but he temperature on the thermostat read around 75 degrees. It had been set for the mid 70’s and as I pushed the lever up I heard the heat finally come on. I was puzzled, for sure. Elle, mad at me, got ready for bed while I, still unsure why it was so cold in there decided to stay up for a while to make sure the heat stayed on. By the time I went to bed Elle was asleep. I lay there awake for a bit longer listening to the heater blower running.

The next morning everything was fine. I thought that possibly the fuel filter had water in it. I was outside and in the process of changing it when I saw the mother from next door hanging two pair of panties and a pair of tan pants on their wash line. Final confirmation! Watching her do that I felt a bulge start. Finishing up with the filter I tried to think of a reason to go over to that side of the yard but it was all muddy so had to hope that I’d get more chances in the future. BTW: The cause of the coldness in the trailer was that when we put the TV in the corner we put it right under the thermostat. The heat from the TV registered as being the room temp so the heat was off when the TV was on. We moved the TV!

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

What a nice surprise for you when you got home! That's funny about the TV doing that to the thermostat.