Tuesday, March 15, 2011


GOOD TIMES... Spring (Part 69h)

The store was decidedly different than the one I’d just left. It was much lighter and they had a series of fully dressed mannequins with different styles of women's wear. It was definitely not for the younger woman. But I was there for panties, not a dress or anything else. Two women about my mother’s age came towards me. I was a bit intimidated and it took a few seconds for me to stammer out that I was interested in the panties in the window. One of the women seemed rather nice but I felt the other was staring at me. The nice lady went and got a drawer with the numeral 5 on the front. She put it on the counter and right there on the top was a pair of lavender colored panties. When she started rooting through the drawer they fell out and onto the counter. They were so sheer that I could almost see through them. I imagined Elle wearing them and told the lady that I’d take them. She stopped looking for the fancy panties and I had to tell her I still wanted them. I know she had a smile on her face as she went back to looking in the drawer.

The other lady stood off to the side and continued to stare at me. It made me extremely uncomfortable and I began to think about leaving. After a minute the lady looking through the panty drawer looked up at me and shook her head negatively. It wasn't what I wanted to see but at least I had picked out the lavender ones for Elle. By then two women customers had walked into the store and they made me feel even more uncomfortable. Then the other lady spoke up and suggested that she look at the pair on display in the window. I watched as she climbed up to fetch the display and then walk past the two customers. She was holding the display with the panties still on it. I probably should've looked at the faces of the two women but I was too embarrassed. Once the display was placed on the counter the first lady proceeded to take the panties off it. I can only imagine what the two women customers were thinking as she did so. Actually, I was praying that they weren’t a size 5 so I could just get out of the store. At that point I was perspiring profusely. But, the panties were the right size. I don’t remember what the saleslady actually said but I know I wished she hadn’t said it so loudly. I told her I’d take them along with the lavender ones and when she told me the price I thought there was a mistake. It was over three dollars for just the two pair. I didn’t say anything because all I wanted to do by then was to get out of there. As I got to the door the saleslady who I’d felt had been staring at me stopped me and asked if I was related to a person who, thankfully, I didn’t know. Once outside I felt like I’d escaped from a torture chamber... but I did have the panties.

I still wanted to get something for Elle for mother’s day so I drove down to the one store that catered to all ages of females. It had been years since I’d last been in there and the first thing I checked out was to see if the lingerie department was still located in the same place as it had been. As I did I saw something that made me very happy. There was a display case with the Carter’s logo on it and with a full supply of panties in it. I walked up to it and made the discovery that they also made panties with leg elastics. Over the years I’d seen a lot of Carter’s Spanky Pants but they all had band legs. What was also interesting was they were all made from the soft combed cotton. All of Elle’s Spanky Pants were the heavy ribbed cotton. My eyes scanned the display and I saw pastels, prints and, of course, pure white. It only took a few seconds to find the flowered print ones I’d started out that day to find. All Carter’s panties were packaged in cellophane so I grabbed two pair of the blue flowered ones. The price was clearly marked on them.. 89 cents. I was beginning to wonder if I’d have enough money to buy something nice for Elle other than the panties.

Elle had hinted that she could use a light weight jacket to wear as the weather had become too warm for her winter coat when she took the kids for a walk around the park. She’d looked the last time we’d stopped at the church thrift shop and hadn’t seen anything she liked. I saw one I was sure she’d like but when I looked at the price I knew it was out of my price range. I’d pretty much avoided the sales ladies but one caught me with the coat in my hand. I told her it was too much money and she then looked at the price. She took the coat and walked away from me. It was strange but I waited and she returned a minute or so later to tell me that it was on sale and somehow the tag had not been changed. The sale price was still more than I’d wanted to spend but I did a quick calculation and if I didn’t buy gas for my car I could make it.

Of course I wanted to give Elle the panties right away but I waited until Sunday morning. I’d hidden the coat and taken the panties to my night stand drawer. When she got up to go to the bathroom just after daybreak the kids were still asleep. When she came back to bed I peeled her plastic panties off as well as her still dry cotton ones. I know she was puzzled because we’d gotten into the habit of some wet ”play“ before we got into the ”real stuff“. I reached over and pulled out the lavender panties and slipped them on her. These were the first non white panties she’d ever had and was quite surprised. When she saw how sheer they were and could see her ”bush“ she was really puzzled. I got the feeling she didn’t really approve so pulled out the flowered cotton ones. It only took a few seconds for her to recognize them as being the same as Ruthie had worn. Initially she accused me of keeping Ruthies. It was a good thing I had the second pair and that they were still in their package. Up to then it hadn’t been going the way I’d hoped so for the ultra fancy panties I just handed them to her. She liked them but said she wouldn’t dare wear them. I asked why and her response was that she’d ”ruin them“. I remember shaking my head and saying that I bought them for her to wear. All I got at that time was a ”We’ll see“ (8)

To be continued...

2 comments:

Pantymaven said...

The pic is of the panties I wrote about above.

badside said...

Wow, you don't see any panties like those anymore. Must have been quite a turn on to see her through the sheer fabric!