Saturday, June 11, 2011

END OF SUMMER... September (Part 74a)

Labor Day weekend was always the unofficial end of Summer. With schools starting the day after Labor Day most of the “Summer people” would be packing up to leave. For me it was an incredibly busy time. As I’d written in prior posts the move of the DP equipment was to be done that Saturday. The birthday party for both Elle’s and my father was that Saturday night. Sunday was the last of the regular races at the sailing club followed that night by the trophy presentations. Labor Day itself was when I had to get the boat and trailer ready to leave for the championships since I was planning on leaving Tuesday morning at around 6am.

Jay was the only one required to be there for the move of the equipment but there was no way I was going to miss it. When I arrived Jay was already there but so was Jo who also wasn’t required to be there. Seeing her in shorts was a refreshing change and I hoped it would lead to a “peek’ or two. The “riggers” (the official classification of the movers) got there at 7am and started right in. The County Center maintenance people had removed partitions on Friday so that the computer itself could be moved so there was no delay there. I have to admit I was surprised at how little time it took. It was a classic example of having people who knew what they were doing to get the job done. By 11am they were done. Jay had figured it would take at least six hours if not more. I’d told Elle I’d be home around three. Jo had even brought food from her family's restaurant. Jay said he wanted to get every piece of equipment up and running and we were all for it.

Because it was a holiday weekend the building’s main air conditioning was off... except in our new space. Our proprietary HVAC made the air in the room quite nice even though there were a few partitions missing that separated the hallway from our space. At month end there were always reports to be done but where we would’ve started them Friday we couldn’t as we had to prepare the equipment for the move. I think we were all surprised when each and every piece of equipment worked without a hitch. Jay looked at Jo and I and asked if we wanted to get a head start since we were already there and Monday was a holiday. We said “why not” and started right in.

Jo had brought food but nothing to drink. We’d been there since before 7am and Jay suggested we take a break, get something to drink, and go out to the lake and eat. We hadn’t done that in a while so it seemed like a good idea. We stopped at the delicatessen on the traffic circle and headed for our “spot”. As I described in earlier posts, the road ran right next to the lake on the North side of it. There was some underbrush that prevented people in cars from seeing the lake but there were a few places where people had cut it back making paths to the water. We’d found one that we liked as there were some large rocks where we could sit. Some were located just a few feet out into the lake and the others were right at the edge of the water. Jo, wearing shorts, waded out to a rock surrounded by water where she could dangle her feet. Jay and I took up rocks along the shore.

When we’d visited the lake in the past it was during the work week and there was little activity actually out on the lake itself. With this being Labor Day weekend it was entirely different. There were power boats with water skiers as well as small sailboats and people in canoes. Jo was sitting facing Jay with her back facing the lake. I didn’t see it coming but a wake from a power boat hit the rock that Jo was sitting on washing some water up and onto it. When Jo felt the water hit her she screamed and jumped off. As always, she responded with a smile and a laugh. I responded in a completely different way... pure delight.

Jo had worn a pair of pale yellow shorts and when the water splashed up and wet her bottom it made them somewhat transparent. I liked what I saw, for sure. Jay surprised me by making a comment along the lines that she looked like she’d wet her pants. I didn't respond. Upon hearing the remark she laughed again but made no effort to hide the wetness. She joined Jay on the rock where he was sitting and we finished up with our lunch. When she got up the wet spot on the rock was quite large. I waited for a few seconds so as to get a really good look at her backside. I loved VPL’s but when the person I was looking at was wearing a pair of wet pastel colored shorts, the view was especially good... good enough to start a bulge.

The “view” was almost as good when we got back to the office. Jo complained that her butt was cold because of the air conditioning. I thought it was funny and kept my eyes on her as much as I could while trying to get a few reports run. I left at 3pm and did so reluctantly. I certainly wished that Jo could wear shorts every day to work.

That night Elle and I had the annual dual birthday party for our fathers to go to. The only thing worth noting was that for the first time anyone not in our two families came. The party was at my parents house and they invited the next door neighbors to come over to share in the cake. They were about six or seven years older than Elle and I and about 25 years younger than my parents. However, they’d become close friends in just the few years they’d spent their Summers there. Almost every time I’d seen the lady she was wearing short shorts and this night was no different. She ended up sitting next to me and I could see about a half inch of her panties at the leg opening of her shorts. It was a “first” for me and made my night. All in all it was a very good day.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luv those peeks up the shorts legs!

-Baside