Thursday, June 09, 2011

MORE SUMMER FUN... August (Part 73j)

With Elle not teaching because of Summer break and the fact that I’d not made much extra money over the Summer our finances were getting quite tight. We agreed to make a two part list made up of “Needs” and “Wants”. Each of us could add to either list but we had to fully agree when buying anything on the “Wants” list. One that I’d written was to be able to go to the sailing championships. With the “Needs” list constantly growing because of the kids it seemed almost impossible for me to go. This time getting off from work was not in question because not only did I have time coming to me but Jo had trained Lucy to fill in for her and I’d trained Jo to do my work. It was purely money. The college student that had sailed with me to qualify was attending school only a short distance from where the races were to be held and the race schedule had only one conflict for him. He was excited about crewing for me and since he would be sleeping in his room on campus I wouldn’t have much, if any, expense on his part. As I mentioned earlier, the reason Elle wasn’t going was that school started the day after Labor Day, the day the championships were to begin. Elle had been offered two weeks of steady work filling in for a teacher on maternity leave. She’d gotten a raise and the two weeks were worth around $150, before taxes. I pleaded with her to let me go by telling her that this might be my last chance at competing at this level and she, reluctantly, agreed.

Jim and Andy had continued to press me on going to the stock car races and I told them that I would try as soon as sailing season was over. Andy had recruited another guy to go with them. He (and his wife) had bought Mac’s trailer and he had raced stock cars before going in the Air Force. On a night that I was home they dropped by to introduce the new guy... Eric. I liked him right from the start. A big, rugged guy from way upstate. He said he still had a race car back at home but had no way to get it. When we started talking I told him I’d like to see some pictures. We went back to his trailer and he brought out a small album. The car looked just like the one that Jim’s cousin raced. I thought it was great that there was now a racer living in the park.

The four of us were sitting on the patio in the dark when Eric’s wife arrived. She was working as a waitress at the diner just off the traffic circle and had just gotten off. Even though my eyes were accustomed to the dark I really couldn’t make out her features. I did notice, as she went up the steps to the trailer, that she had a nice round butt. I also remember making a mental note to myself that I wanted to see that butt in that uniform in the daylight.

Jay, as always, was very tight lipped about his personal affairs. The fact that he and Jo were close was common knowledge. However, nothing was ever mentioned about his wife and daughter. When Jay started putting some of his things up for sale I was hoping that he’d give a reason. The big surprise was when he said he was going to sell his El Camino. I asked “why” and he said he just didn’t have time for it. He also asked if he could borrow the Polaroid camera so he could take a few pictures of it to put on some “flyers” he was going to post. At the same time he told me that if I had any interest in the race car that he’d shown me that he’d give it to me. “Free” was a very popular word with me. After a brief discussion he even said he’d tow it from his house to the trailer park for me. I’m sure you’ve heard of “buyers remorse”. The night after I told him I’d take it I couldn’t sleep knowing that Elle would have fit when I told her. There was also the question of weather the “boys” who owned the park would let me store it there. The one good thing was that I now owned a race car... even if it was missing some very critical parts including the motor.

I started by asking if I could park it out where some of the old equipment for the trailer park was stored. Dick didn’t have a problem with it but Ben, in his usual negative way put some restrictions on it. The big one was easy in that I couldn’t run the motor. I told Dick that I was aiming to get it ready to race for the following Summer and that I’d put an advertisement on it for the trailer park. He liked that idea and even volunteered to let me order parts using the business name to get a discount. The car wasn’t even there yet and I was getting excited.

Jay found some wheels to put on the race car so he could flat tow it to the trailer park. I told Jim, Andy and Eric about it and they were there when it arrived. As I mentioned earlier, it was a wreck... rusted, dented and ugly. The first thing Eric said was that all the welding needed to be re-done. I just added that to a list I’d already started. I decided that it would be best to not tell Elle and I made all the guys promise not to discuss the car in front of their wives. Eric came up with a suggestion that would pretty much eliminate getting me in trouble with Elle. For discussion purposes, he would be the owner. It sounded good to me so we ended up going back to Eric's trailer. His wife was just leaving for work and my wish to see her nice tight butt, in uniform, was granted. The color of it was burgundy, trimmed in white. As she walked past us I made note of what I was sure was a panty line of a leg elastic. It's somewhat funny because I was paying more attention to that than what she looked like. When I realized it I tried to get a look through the car window but it was too late.

To be continued...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty hard to pass up on free stuff! Wondering what Eric's wife looks like now.

-Badside

Pantymaven said...

Me too!

oldblue said...

A true panty lover always checks the ass before the face.

Pantymaven said...

OB... It's still that way with me. :-)