Thursday, June 16, 2011

THE END OF SUMMER... September (Part 74c)

The weather was cooler than most had expected so a lot of the competitors and their crews ended up wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts or sweat shirts in lieu of shorts and T shirts. Joy was wearing a pale green pair of cotton slacks and whenever she bent over I got a VPL. I was surprised to see the panties had band legs which pretty much meant they were cotton. I also remember pointing it out to Neil and seeing him smile. I was hoping that the wind would come up later on and that the resulting waves would get them wet. As vivid a VPL as I saw I pictured them as being very transparent once the material got wet. However, the wind never did come up to any great degree and that, along with the fact that there were five competitors from the local sailing club who knew where to go in those conditions, made for a long first race. Even with a good start I ended up finishing in the high 20’s. Back at the club for a lunch break we ended up eating at the same table as Blake and his daughter. He had the same complaint as I did... too many boats and not enough wind. During the break Joy was “entertained” by quite a few of the younger crowd which, this time, did include Jack.

The strategy that was bantered about during the break was to follow the local sailors. I’d always felt that following was an admission of defeat. For the second race I chose to do what I’d done many times before and went off in a somewhat different direction only to find myself crossing paths with, you guessed it, Blake. There was still only light wind that came in short bursts. We ended up sailing side by side for one whole leg of the course. We chatted a bit but my eyes were mostly on Joy. She was still wearing the same pants but as the temperature had gone up she'd rolled up the sleeves of her shirt and tied the tails of it around her midrift. Sitting on the deck with her back to us I could see a bit of the waistband of her panties but because of the direction we were sailing and the direction of the wind I couldn’t get as close as I’d liked. But seeing just that least little bit gave me hope for later when we were back on shore.

After the first two races I was way down in the standings as was Blake. Surprisingly, Frank had managed to pull out a top five finish in the second race. Of the five locals four of them were in the top five positions. That created a lot of conversation as we cleaned the boats up once back on shore. Neil’s girlfriend had come back to pick him up which saved me a lot of time (and gas). However, when she walked up to the boat she caught Neil giving Joy a good “look”. As they left I could hear her complaining about it. I remember thinking “Poor Neil... and he isn’t even married.”

My hoped for “peeks” of Joy and her panties didn’t come to fruition that afternoon. Again, after cleaning up, we returned to the club. On this night it was a cook out but the problem was that the wind which had never really come up during the day suddenly appeared. The wind on top of the cool temperature made things a bit uncomfortable so many people left after getting their food. On our way back to the motel Jack informed me that Joy (and her father) were staying at the same one. It was almost laughable.

The next day was almost the same as the day before. Cool with very little wind. I’d managed to get into a conversation with Frank to find out his “secret” for the good finish from the day before. I had nothing to lose so decided to follow his suggestion and I managed to get to the first mark in third place. Then the wind stopped... altogether. Because the second leg of the race was downwind it meant that when the wind picked up it would come from behind us. All the boats who followed us around that first mark would get the fresh wind before us. I sat and watched some thirty odd boats go sailing by and was unable to do anything about it. I was really mad by the time that leg was over. The only thing that kept me from screaming was that Blake and Joy were right behind us.

The wind died again and we were out there for almost five hours from the time we'd originally left the dock until we finally crossed the finish line. I think we finished something like 35th and Blake was maybe 32nd. At the dock at the club I noticed something that really caught my eye. When Joy stood up to grab the dock I saw a very noticeable stain on the seat of her pants. I only got one look but I was sure I was right. She and Blake tied up a couple of boats ahead and I wanted to be positive about it. I left Neil to secure everything and ran down the dock with the idea of engaging Blake in conversation so I could get a good look at Joy’s pants. Luck was with me as he was still in the boat.

We’d both joked about dropping out of the race when we were so far behind and he’d even indicated that he might head home that afternoon. I used that as my subject. As we talked I got two quick peeks at the crotch of Joy’s pants and there was no hiding the yellowish color. Blake got out of the boat and we talked on the dock while Joy stayed in the boat. He told me that he’d leave it up to Joy whether they stayed or left as he walked down the dock.

I went back to my boat and told Neil to get something to eat. I wanted to be in a position to see Joy if she decided to leave her boat. After a short while her father came back with a towel and, much to my disappointment, she put it around her and proceed to get out and walk down the dock.

To be continued...

No comments: