Monday, July 18, 2011

FALL... October (Part 75f)

Elle’s birthday was coming up rapidly. I’d learned from my experience with the Sears catalog that Elle would turn down the corner of pages when she saw something that she’d like to have. I pretty much knew that I’d find a few of her “desires” in either the Sears or Montgomery Ward catalogs and I didn’t have to look for very long. A car coat in the Wards “wish book” was even circled. I’d not been to the new Wards catalog store and decided to place the order on my lunch break. As it was meant to be a catalog store it wasn’t very big and there were only a few bins with merchandise for purchase. As I walked past them heading for the order counter my eyes caught a glimpse of something very near and dear to me... panties. There were maybe 20 or so bins with all types of products ranging from the panties to towels to motor oil and small tools. There were a few people placing orders so I stopped at the panties bin. As I got up close I recognized them as being similar to the ones Janelle had started wearing. I picked up one pair and saw the label read “Carol Brent” but what really got my attention was that the size of them read “Small”. The sign attached to the face of the bin read “SALE 6 for $3.49”. I quickly found six pair of the small size and headed for the counter. Standing there waiting for a clerk I could feel that they were way softer than any of Elle’s heavy cotton panties. Most of Elle’s panties were badly stained and needed to be replaced. I knew Elle wanted the coat but I wanted the panties for her. I left the store wanting to give them to her that night but decided it was best to wait for her birthday.

When I got to work on Monday I knew Jay was there because his truck was in the parking lot. Jo didn’t know where he was either. Lucy was still visibly upset but there wasn’t much Jo or I could say. As Jo and I headed out for our break we saw Jay coming down the hall from the Civil Service office. He had a look of resignation on his face and motioned for us to go back into the work space. The situation was very complicated. Leo had told Jay that he’d forwarded the request to Civil Service and they were to blame for the hold up. With Leo’s reputation, Jay didn’t believe him. So, he came in early and “camped out” by the Civil Service office and waited for the director. The short version was that they (CS) didn’t have job descriptions for any Data Processing employees except for the key punch operators. That was why Jo, who was doing very little key punching and was primarily a machine operator, was still classified in that position. The director apologized and tried to explain the chaotic situation at Civil Service. He told Jay that one way he could get around the lack of a job description was to have the Controller hire someone in as an outside contractor. As such the person would not be eligible for benefits. That was how Jay was originally hired. We all looked at each other thinking the same thing... it couldn’t be Lucy or she’d have to give up all the benefits she’d accrued.

Jay said he had a person to possibly fill the position. It was his cousin, Andre, who both Jo and I had worked with on the clean up project out on the barrier beach earlier in the year. Jay was pretty sure he'd do it and since he'd worked with Jay when Jay was with Remington Rand knew he was capable. Of course that left Lucy on the "outside" and made things a little "chilly" for the rest of us on the "inside". Jay went to the Controller directly for permission to hire Andre, bypassing Leo, which created a little more "friction". But, at least something was going to happen. All Jo and I could do was hope that it worked.

Elle’s birthday was on a Saturday which was perfect. By then the mornings were fairly cool and I’d promised I’d go grocery shopping with her so she didn’t have to try and control two kids. I’d picked up the new coat a few days prior and managed to sneak it into the coat closet without her seeing it. After bundling the kids up she headed for the closet to get her coat but I cut her off and reached in and pulled out the new one. The look on her face was what I’d hoped for. Later, after lunch and the kids were down for their naps, I went into our bedroom and pulled out the new panties. I went into her panty drawer and pulled out a random six pair of her Carter’s Spanky Pants and spread them out on the bed in a row. I then put the new ones right next to them. The difference was startling. Bright white versus a very dingy yellowish color. I then went down the hall and brought her back to the bedroom.

I’d tried for a while to get her to upgrade her cotton panties but she’d put it off by saying that new ones would get “ruined“. As she looked at the panties I proceeded to pick up the old ones and threw them into the waste basket. She just stood there looking at them and then me with a bit of a smile and then started to undo her pants. She said that she knew what I wanted her to do without my asking and she proceeded to step out of her pants and and the panties that she was wearing. I handed her a pair of the new ones and felt a bulge starting as she pulled them up. I then gave her a big hug with my hands holding firmly on to her butt. As I rubbed it I could feel a very definite difference. The new panties were incredibly soft. I just hoped that she liked them and would wear them. In my mind it was time to retire the old Spanky Pants. I knew there were a lot of fancy panties that were in her drawer and pretty much unworn because she didn’t want to ”ruin“ them. But I vowed to myself to make sure she wore these new ones.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Sounds like Elle was getting comfortable with you buying her panties. At least there was no bureaucracy in pantyland!!

Pantymaven said...

:-)